Hollister Staffing Reviews in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Boston, MA

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kip Hollister

1. "The Absolute Best Staffing Agency!!"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Boston, MA
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hollister Staffing (Less than a year)

Pros

Initially, I was a bit skeptical about working with a staffing agency. In the past, I had bad experiences (with other staffing agencies). However, after receiving a phone call from Taylor S. I decided to give Hollister a try. Taylor was very professional and courteous. He really listened to my career ambitions and worked effortlessly to find me the right job. Taylor also introduced me to Michael R. who gave me critical advice on how to ace job interviews. Since I did not have a great deal of interview experience, Michael gave me valuable coaching. Michael made it clear that he would get me the job I desired. This gave me the confidence I needed to ace my interviews! After a few interviews with a prestigious University, I landed a fantastic job. I cannot emphasize how much Taylor and Michael went out of their way to find a great job; that I am a great fit for. I cannot thank these two enough! I would recommend Hollister Staffing to anyone!

Cons

None. I have nothing but great things to say about Hollister Staffing!

Advice to Management

Michael and Taylor were by far some of the most determined and passionate people I've ever meet. They certainly do their absolute best to put their clients in the right positions.

May 4, 2017 – Marketing Department

Thank you so much for your encouraging and kind words. Both Taylor and Michael are great and we are glad to have them as part of our team. We love sharing tips on how to prepare for an interview ... More

2. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hollister Staffing (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of support
    Excellent group of people
    You're in control of how much you make $$
    Kip the CEO is very inspiring
    Weekly guided meditation sessions
    Managers are very accessible

Cons

The Recruiting industry as a whole has negative attributes, but nothing specifically with Hollister Staffing. It is a great place to work. A 401k match would be nice but I guess it's not an issue if you're a top biller.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

May 15, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

So glad to hear! We do pride ourselves in being a woman-owned staffing firm that values relationship building above all else. Joining Kip twice a week for meditation, personally guided by her, is ... More

3. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hollister Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hollister is a great place to work - open communication and visibility with management, encouraged to grow and learn.

Cons

No cons come to mind!

May 15, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you! Yes we are, and very proud of it. Named Best Place to Work by BBJ, in 2016 and 2017 - two years in a row.

4. "Amazing Staffing agency"

Current Contractor - Contract Sourcer/Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Current Contractor - Contract Sourcer/Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hollister Staffing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff here is amazing!! They all work together and make sure that you are in the loop on all potential positions. Constant communication with everyone there.

Cons

Haven't found one yet in the Boston Office.

Mar 29, 2017 – Marketing Department

Thank you for the kind words. Glad to hear you've had a great experience and enjoy the team you work with. We look forward to continue helping as needed!

5. "Hollister is great!"

Current Contractor - Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Contractor - Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hollister Staffing as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The staff were friendly and helped find me a lot of interesting assignments. No complaints!

Cons

Temp. work is low paying

6. "Lovely Experience"

Current Freelancer - Contract Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Freelancer - Contract Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Quick response time to emails and phone calls
    Feel very cared about
    Communication isn't just one sided,my agent has contacted me to check up on my job search multiple times out of the blue. Unlike other agencies where I sometimes feel like I have to borderline harass my agents for answers.
    Interview prep is thorough and I felt very prepared.

Cons

This isn't even a huge one,but a mobile app for the timesheets would be a nice addition. Would be great to be able to just whip out my phone on the way home from work Friday and enter my hours in that way.

Advice to Management

Joshua is a great agent. I couldn't recommend him enough,please tell him to keep up the great work! My biggest concern with agencies is communication and he gets an S+ from me in terms of that. What positions you have,what the client is doing with applicants at the moment,even if I DIDN'T get the job,I want to know any updates from my agent and I think he really gets that.

7. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hollister Staffing (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hollister employs amazing people who like to work hard and play hard. There is a great deal of autonomy if you can produce. Kip Hollister created a fun place to work where you have the ability to make money if you work hard and practice consistency. She is all about fostering relationship with both clients and candidates, and encourages people to practice mindfulness and meditation.

Cons

Not a ton of internal growth

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and true to the core values!

8. "Temp Position"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

I received a phone call a few days after applying to a position on their website. They were great, I came in for an interview and was given assignment a few days later that I accepted. I have been there since and I have had alternative job offers given to me just in case I wanted a change. Highly recommend, is a great team!

Cons

Didn't get an offer on the job I originally applied too, but that has ended up to be a positive.

May 24, 2016 – Founder & CEO

So glad to hear! Thank you for sharing.

"Terribly Disappointing"

Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at Hollister Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The location is great in downtown Boston (financial district). Your peers will be good people - you can have honest & candid relationships at the desk level. If you want a "true" staffing experience (i.e. nothing special), you can cut your teeth here.

Cons

Despite senior management's belief/messaging that it's a different type of company...It's just another staffing firm. Poor company performance outside of long-term relationships at specific clients, and a lack of a path to get new business, means newcomers will struggle across the board. Leadership's communication absolutely needs improvement.

Advice to Management

Set clearer expectations when hiring and stay true to them. Help create a path to success for new hires, or you'll just continue to foster burnout cycles. Improve prospecting & marketing assistance for reps.

Mar 10, 2016 – Founder & CEO

I appreciate your comments and, as we continue to develop and grow, we know that change does not happen overnight. That said, there is so much positive change that has transpired here-- and the team ... More

10. "Admin Assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA

Pros

I am rarely without an assignment

Cons

hard to transition from temp to perm

Advice to Management

continue to be honest with employees