Hollister Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Kip Hollister

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great People, Great Process, Very respectful and caring" (in 3 reviews)

• "It's a great place to learn the basics of sales or HR" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "A 401k match would be nice but I guess it's not an issue if you're a top biller" (in 2 reviews)

• "Over the last year and a half I saw the reps come into the company with gifts for my manager, without even a glance in my direction" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Hollister Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Biggest Pros for me:

Kip (CEO) - a woman and business owner that is authentic and genuinely cares about her employees. I've never worked for a CEO that measures anywhere close to Kip Hollister. Both professionally and personally, Kip helped me see my value, my confidence and not to be scared!! She makes work fun, run's meditation twice a week (IN the meditation room WITH incense), her energy is contagious and she is EXTREMELY knowledgeable, which includes everything from giving me advice around my personal life and connecting me professionally to the right people within her own network.

Company Culture and the people. I made some life long best friends when I worked at Hollister- the people are real, they know how to have fun and be successful. There's a keg, casual friday's, trivia friday and honestly working with your friends is what you'll get at Hollister. So fun!!!

Cons

Lack there of 401K compensation

2. "Decent Staffing Agency"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hollister Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are really good at reaching out to me and giving me jobs that match my skill set. Also are extremely flexible and considerate of my schedule. They also keep my pay range in mind when bringing me job options.

Cons

I feel like if I make a mistake at a job then they are willing to dump me very quickly and find someone better to send out to clients.

3. "Great company culture"

I worked at Hollister Staffing full-time

Pros

- Strong commission plan compared to other agencies
    - Flexible schedule
    - Leadership really believes in the mission

Cons

- Limited growth opportunities
    - High turnover

May 7, 2018 – Director of Engagement

Thank you for the candid feedback. As we continue our growth we are expanding leadership programs within the organization. Growth is coming through the Hollister Institute, adding PA as a location... More

4. "A growing company with an amazing culture..."

I have been working at Hollister Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Ample opportunity to grow professionally.
    - Hard work is rewarded and recognized.
    - Amazing downtown Boston location.
    - A company culture of open communication and respect for everyone.
    - Perks not found in many other places (kegerator, meditation room, annual sales trip, company outings, community outreach opportunities, etc)
    - Being a smaller company means more chances to assume leadership and make your own path.

Cons

- Benefits have some room for improvement.
    - Sometimes don't have the same resources that a larger company might have.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people through benefits offerings. Creative ideas like 401k matching vesting can be a welcome addition to employee's benefits while simultaneously helping with retention.

Mar 19, 2018 – Marketing Department

Thank you for your feedback! So very glad to have you as a part of our team!

5. "Top notch firm for motivated, relationship-driven people"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Hollister Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I genuinely look forward to going into work every single day. The people that work at Hollister are genuine, authentic, unique, and exhibit strong work ethics. Hollister Staffing stresses open communication and transparency throughout all levels of the organization, is constantly implementing, and asking feedback on, ways to continue to motivate and reward employees. This is a company whose leadership team, and the CEO in particular, deeply cares and invests in its people. New ideas are encouraged, and there is daily opportunity to take an idea, run with it and implement it. This is the most rewarding job I have ever been in and I plan on being here for many, many years to come (if not for the rest of my career). There is an exceptional amount of autonomy and room to make a serious impact internally and within the community.

Not to mention, the quality of the work we do in helping find people jobs, and helping companies hire exceptional talent, is rewarding in itself.

Hollister Staffing also has an entire branch - The Hollister Institute - that is dedicated to helping individuals and companies (internally and externally) further their personal and professional development in terms of implementing more effective communication and leadership tactics.

Talk about a company and a CEO who walks the walk - I can't imagine a better place to work.

Cons

This job is not for everyone - if you don't want to be flexible and put in the hours required to be really readily available to your clients, this probably isn't the place for you. We value exception work ethics and if you're more of a clock in clock out kind of person, I wouldn't recommend this company structure.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

6. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Hollister Staffing full-time

Pros

Hollister promotes a fun culture and mentality of constant improvement. They provide you with the ability to run your desk as if it's your own business but still provide the leadership needed for guidance and feedback.

Cons

They don't have great benefits or 401K for retirement. Also it is a highly competitive which at times can cause alot of stress.

Advice to Management

Put a retirement plan in place

Oct 9, 2017 – Director of Engagement

Thank you for your honestly awesome review! We are very proud to have a culture that nurtures individual and team growth, empowering you within your position, while also making this a place for you... More

7. "admin asst"

Current Employee - Admin Assistant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Admin Assistant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hollister Staffing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Professional Building and office - ruse.

Cons

Prove it test is not revealed.

Advice to Management

Don't string good potential employees along and spring a prove-it test on them. A terrible online test. Most of the test questions don't apply for an average Administrative Assistant. It's such a deceiving company. I wrote a review on Yelp after the first day I sat down with them but I take that back and will be deleting that review!!!! Myself and others are thinking about a class action lawsuit

Oct 9, 2017 – Director of Engagement

We are sorry to hear you felt strung-along or misled by our candidate-screening process. It is our sincerest aim to be upfront with you all the time about our intentions, so you can set realistic... More

8. "Temp"

I have been working at Hollister Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to get an interview right away as well as a secondary interview at a company that I have been with for the last year and a half. I decided to go the temp route due to the fact that I am a graduate student and needed to be flexible regarding hours. I have found a company (company that I was placed at, not Hollister) that values me and my work.

Cons

Once I got placed, there was consistent phone calls to my personal phone while I was working, naturally I ignored all the phone calls since it would not have been professional to answer them. Over the last year and a half I saw the reps come into the company with gifts for my manager, without even a glance in my direction. It can be very strange to feel like a pawn in the relationship between Hollister and the company. Whenever I have had issues, Hollister made me feel like I was a burden to them. Overall experience was very negative and demeaning.

Advice to Management

Value your temps more. Stop trying to correspond via cellphone during the business hours, it is not very professional, email instead.

Sep 14, 2017 – Director of Engagement

I'm sorry to hear about your less-than-positive temping experience with Hollister. We have no intention of making you feel like a burden or anything less than a person of value, as our company’s... More

9. "Great company culture & people (and supportive CEO)"

I worked at Hollister Staffing part-time

Pros

Phenomenal work culture; people are supportive, friendly, and act like family. CEO is an inspiring and hard-working female who believes in mindfulness and other important life values. There is definitely room for growth and all employees are able to learn about other roles within the company. If you work hard here, you can succeed. Great perks too!

Cons

None that I experienced during my time here.

May 15, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you so much! We love hearing that. Our goal at Hollister is that every employee is fully engaged as an individual as well as part of the team, and we definitely strive to support those with the... More

10. "good recruiting staff"

I have been working at Hollister Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

always keep informed, knowledgeable,friendly,professional,helpful, Go extra mile to helpout.

Cons

Not many cons I see

May 15, 2017 – Marketing Specialist