Hollister Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 6, 2018

3.9
Kip Hollister

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Fun company culture, somewhat motivating sales environment, multiple training workshops" (in 3 reviews)

• "I highly recommend Hollister, the only negative thing I have to say is" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "As mentioned earlier, you may have to take a low paying assignment in order to get your foot in the door further with some of their other clients" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Strong firm in a competative Market"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hollister Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The back end support Hollister provides it recruiters is great. The company is boosting its internal package for recruiters and is realizing changes need to be made for growth.

Cons

Recruiting will always have its ups and downs, it is great to pump people up when they are doing well but it is just as important to support those who are having a tough few weeks.

Nov 7, 2018 – Director of Engagement

What you share is so important and true. The intent is to focus on every person as an individual first. Because the workflow is cyclical offering support all the time and through every cycle is key... More

"Learned more than I wanted to"

I worked at Hollister Staffing full-time

Pros

You can make some pretty good money depending on the team you work for. The company has some great talent.

Cons

The Boston's best places to work title is a crock. They just pay for the title. Work-life balance is terrible and any warm fuzzy feelings you have about working here are all just a lie. They couldn't care less about you in the end. The owner preaches integrity and is well respected in the community but it's really just a facade.

Nov 6, 2018 – Director of Engagement

You are right, you can make some pretty good money here and yes, the company does have great talent. But you are wrong about The Best Place to Work. The title cannot be bought. It is voted on by the... More

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at Hollister Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cons

Very cliquey, many employees are passive aggressive and lack authenticity; a bit hypocritical when it comes to what their mission is an agency, senior level employees not professional on many levels

Advice to Management

Break down communication barriers, style flex with the coaching of employees and cater to their personal needs rather than compare and shame particular team members. What Hollister says they are in the beginning when you work for them starts to dwindle as months go on and the true colors of the company show...the best way to be successful in this company is have the willingness to have no work -life balance and develop a shrewd, insensitive and bland work ethic. If you are someone who enjoys being transparent, creative and collaborative this is most likely not the company for you.

Nov 6, 2018 – Director of Engagement

I'm sorry to hear that what you experienced when working here led you to question Hollister's moral compass. Because you worked here you know the amount of energy that goes in to coaching... More

4. "The pay could be better"

Former Employee - Temp in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Temp in Boston, MA

I worked at Hollister Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My recruiter was nice and welcoming.

Cons

The pay was pretty low. I was temping for Hollister for about 2 months and was given jobs that paid $13-17/hr even though I told them I was looking for $22-25 due to my credentials. I cut ties with Hollister and went to Manning Personnel Group and they got me a temp job that paid $25/hr within a week.

Advice to Management

I understand the point of running your business is to make profit. However, I believe your turn over rate would be lower if you paid your temps more.

Oct 19, 2018 – Administrative Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on finding a job that is the right fit for you. It is our number one goal to make sure that our candidates are being matched to positions that meet as... More

"Good Enough!"

Current Employee - Temporary Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Temporary Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hollister Staffing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will be able to work without having to commit to a full-time career.

Cons

found out what I make vs, what they receive to have me work. it hurt my feelings.

Advice to Management

not sure if you can negotiate your rate, but it was insulting to find out what I made, vs what they charged... it's a business..

Nov 6, 2018 – Director of Engagement

Thank you so much for your feedback. Working with people like you and helping you find open positions, whether on a contract basis or full time is what we do and is really satisfying. You are right... More

"Decent Staffing Agency"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hollister Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are really good at reaching out to me and giving me jobs that match my skill set. Also are extremely flexible and considerate of my schedule. They also keep my pay range in mind when bringing me job options.

Cons

I feel like if I make a mistake at a job then they are willing to dump me very quickly and find someone better to send out to clients.

7. "Great company culture"

I worked at Hollister Staffing full-time

Pros

- Strong commission plan compared to other agencies
    - Flexible schedule
    - Leadership really believes in the mission

Cons

- Limited growth opportunities
    - High turnover

May 7, 2018 – Director of Engagement

Thank you for the candid feedback. As we continue our growth we are expanding leadership programs within the organization. Growth is coming through the Hollister Institute, adding PA as a location... More

8. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Hollister Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Biggest Pros for me:

Kip (CEO) - a woman and business owner that is authentic and genuinely cares about her employees. I've never worked for a CEO that measures anywhere close to Kip Hollister. Both professionally and personally, Kip helped me see my value, my confidence and not to be scared!! She makes work fun, run's meditation twice a week (IN the meditation room WITH incense), her energy is contagious and she is EXTREMELY knowledgeable, which includes everything from giving me advice around my personal life and connecting me professionally to the right people within her own network.

Company Culture and the people. I made some life long best friends when I worked at Hollister- the people are real, they know how to have fun and be successful. There's a keg, casual friday's, trivia friday and honestly working with your friends is what you'll get at Hollister. So fun!!!

Cons

Lack there of 401K compensation

9. "A growing company with an amazing culture..."

I have been working at Hollister Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Ample opportunity to grow professionally.
    - Hard work is rewarded and recognized.
    - Amazing downtown Boston location.
    - A company culture of open communication and respect for everyone.
    - Perks not found in many other places (kegerator, meditation room, annual sales trip, company outings, community outreach opportunities, etc)
    - Being a smaller company means more chances to assume leadership and make your own path.

Cons

- Benefits have some room for improvement.
    - Sometimes don't have the same resources that a larger company might have.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people through benefits offerings. Creative ideas like 401k matching vesting can be a welcome addition to employee's benefits while simultaneously helping with retention.

Mar 19, 2018 – Marketing Department

Thank you for your feedback! So very glad to have you as a part of our team!

10. "Top notch firm for motivated, relationship-driven people"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Hollister Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I genuinely look forward to going into work every single day. The people that work at Hollister are genuine, authentic, unique, and exhibit strong work ethics. Hollister Staffing stresses open communication and transparency throughout all levels of the organization, is constantly implementing, and asking feedback on, ways to continue to motivate and reward employees. This is a company whose leadership team, and the CEO in particular, deeply cares and invests in its people. New ideas are encouraged, and there is daily opportunity to take an idea, run with it and implement it. This is the most rewarding job I have ever been in and I plan on being here for many, many years to come (if not for the rest of my career). There is an exceptional amount of autonomy and room to make a serious impact internally and within the community.

Not to mention, the quality of the work we do in helping find people jobs, and helping companies hire exceptional talent, is rewarding in itself.

Hollister Staffing also has an entire branch - The Hollister Institute - that is dedicated to helping individuals and companies (internally and externally) further their personal and professional development in terms of implementing more effective communication and leadership tactics.

Talk about a company and a CEO who walks the walk - I can't imagine a better place to work.

Cons

This job is not for everyone - if you don't want to be flexible and put in the hours required to be really readily available to your clients, this probably isn't the place for you. We value exception work ethics and if you're more of a clock in clock out kind of person, I wouldn't recommend this company structure.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!