Hollstadt & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Molly Jungbauer

"Hollstadt & Associates - Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Hollstadt & Associates full-time

Pros

I have worked for Hollstadt & Assocates for almost 2 years. This company treats employees with respect and really value our skills and values that we use at Hollstad & Associates clients every day. There are many training offerings that keeps consultants current in the market place. The management team walks the talk of the Hollstadt & Associates values or First understand, Be humbly confident, Do the right thing and Grow and prosper. I've worked for other consulting companies and none are close to Hollstadt & Associates in the dedication to their employees.

Cons

I do not have any Cons regarding Hollstadt & Associates.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path of encouraging employees and communicating to clients about the Hollstadt & Associates model of excellence.

"Project Manager"

Pros

Great people that take the time to match you to your needs. Free ongoing and relevant training for the employee consultants. Seem to actually care about me as a consultant-I'm not just a billable resource that is placed and forgot. Minimal travel - I personally was home every night (this is important to me and for me is a 'pro'). Always paid me correctly and on time. Love their core values (posted on their website) which they seem to actually embrace. Nothing negative to say.

Cons

If you like to travel internationally this isn't the company for you. They have clients that are mostly locally based (and it doesn't seem that many of the clients require overnight travel). I like to be home every night, so this Con is actually a Pro for me.

"Great people, Poor Leadership"

Pros

Hollstadt has some of the best people I've met in the industry. Their recruiters care about their consultants and the sales folks care about their clients. They've been able to attract some great talent in the Twin Cities.

Cons

Leadership seems to have tunnel vision and is focusing on the wrong thing. They need to stop trying to teach people lessons and start listening to their concerns. Hollstadt has seen over 50% attrition in the last year or so losing great internal employees to competitors and other industries. Their reputation isn't what it used to be and it's concerning.

Advice to Management

Re-read the values you have written on the wall.

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Hollstadt & Associates (More than a year)

Pros

Professional organization with many client connections.

Cons

Only care about making money and DO NOT have the best interest of employees or contractors in mind.

"A Reputable Firm"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, MN

I worked at Hollstadt & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has a value system they actually incorporate into every day business. They truly want to understand and do the right thing.

Cons

None that are worth complaining about at this time.

Advice to Management

Become more competitive to other firms by offering flexible hours, work from home, or consistent perks to keep the morale going.

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Hollstadt & Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly staff and great opportunities for engagements with active clients. The work is interesting and compelling.

Cons

Increase the number of training opportunities and onsite support. Otherwise this is a great place to work.

"Good organization to work for."

Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Supportive management and good business development to keep you busy.

Cons

No negatives that I can think of

"One of the best back in the good old days"

Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Hollstadt & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Less bureaucracy than their big name competitors. Well known in the Twin Cities.

Cons

With the founder leaving the company, it feels as if the company is present itself as one of its big name competitors. Recruiters don't seem to be as personable as in years past. They're definitely not nearly as bad as some of their competitors but not nearly as personable.

Advice to Management

Be careful as to not deviate too far from your "home town" roots. Don't let your front line employees unknowingly give the impression that you are just another staffing firm.

"One of the best in the Twin Cities"

Former Employee - Consultant in Burnsville, MN
    Former Employee - Consultant in Burnsville, MN

Pros

Extremely friendly and accessible. Excellent working relationship with clients. Award winning management which runs the company like a family business.

Cons

Not enough depth in the market.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do best.

"H&A - a good place to work"

Pros

- They work hard to place the right consultants with the right skills to the right position. Achieving this best fit is best for everyone and helps the company maintain its reputation in the Twin Cities.
    - They offer plenty of training and peer feedback sessions that help to not only learn new skills but also to hear about other projects from peers.

Cons

I think pretty much the standard ones for a privately owned consulting company:
    - most of a consultant's time is at the client site so it's hard to keep connected to the main office personnel
    - It's a small company so tactical changes happen rather quickly. Coupled with above, a consultant isn't always knowledgeable about what company priorities really are.
    - lack of a profit sharing plan

Advice to Management

Be open to expanding consulting services to a wider range of industries. H&A has a good reputation and could be successful beyond just IT and management consulting.