Holmes Murphy Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Daniel T. Keough

1. "Business Developer, Strategist and Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Holmes Murphy full-time

Pros

Leadership is visionary, authentic, challenging, innovative and honest.

Cons

No employer is perfect as it is filled with people but no complaints I would share regarding this organization.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen, lead and making a difference!

Mar 13, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you so much for taking time to review Holmes Murphy. We appreciate your feedback! As you know, we work hard to create an environment where employees truly feel like “There’s No Place Like ... More

2. "Blindsided me with layoff"

I worked at Holmes Murphy full-time

Pros

I can't think of anything since they don't value their employees.

Cons

They bought my company and everyone promised I would have a job. Then 10 minutes before they told me I was laid off, they locked me out of my work email and then called to tell me that I was a wonderful employee but they wanted a local resource. They also told other people I was without a job before they told me.

Advice to Management

Actually not lie to an employee and string them along until you are ready to let them go.

3. "A friendly place most of the time."

I worked at Holmes Murphy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many kind people working hard to serve their customers. The work load is heavy and the environment mainly positive. Overall the employee benefits package offered is good.

Cons

Favoritism is a drag on the contributions of hard working employees in this organization. To whom you report to can undermine even the best employees contributions and how they are valued. The wage offered is substandard given the work load.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and work to remain honorable in all situations.

Mar 13, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you so much for taking time to review Holmes Murphy. We’re so happy you enjoyed your co-workers, clients, and the environment! Since Holmes Murphy has what we call a “high-performance culture ... More

5. "intern"

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

There was nothing I didn't like about the company

Mar 13, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback! We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your internship here at Holmes Murphy.

6. "Employee Benefits Consultant"

Former Employee - Employee Benefits Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Employee Benefits Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Holmes Murphy (More than 5 years)

Pros

The guys leading this organization are truly the cream of the crop - honest, kind and intentional in how they care for their employees and their focus on where the company is heading. The culture in Dallas was a great one!

Cons

Expectations for performance ambiguous and reviews were not helpful - you never know where you are in your career - no development. There was a need for actual managers and not producers or service leads that happen to manage on the side. That was their last priority.

Advice to Management

Invest in your current employees and not The Brainery kids.

Mar 13, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you so much for your feedback! We think so very highly of our leadership at Holmes Murphy and each one of our employees. We’re so happy you feel the same way! We appreciate your thoughts on ... More

7. "Walks the talk..."

Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Holmes Murphy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Integrity of the firm, from top to bottom. Most companies have a "culture" or "mission statement" but few actually "walk the talk". Not only does Holmes Murphy have an awesome culture, they actually live it out everyday. Very innovative, no idea is too small or too big....and every employee has a voice to leadership and every leader listens with an ear to the future.

Cons

I don't believe there are any downsides to working for this organization. If there was a downside, it would be determining which rock star to assign to each client team....if this is even a downside.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Continue living out your culture and perpetuating the business for future generations.

8. "They bring the energy!"

I have been working at Holmes Murphy full-time

Pros

Positive and energetic culture - they are constantly coming up with new ideas to help motivate employees and keep things exciting. No boring routines here - every day is different and they really allow employees to guide their own work and career direction, as long as you take the accountability to do it yourself.

Cons

Workloads can be high during certain times of the year.

Advice to Management

Never lose your focus on the employee experience, it's one of the most unique things that I've seen in comparison to other employers I've worked for.

9. "Holmes Murphy"

I have been working at Holmes Murphy full-time

Pros

The culture is great, doesn't feel like an insurance company. A lot of room to move up within the company.

Cons

For a benefits company, insurance costs are a little high compared to other places I have worked. They do listen to employee feedback however, and look into other options when concerns like that are brought up.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to current employees and their feedback, be open to changing processes even if they have been around a long time.

Mar 13, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Holmes Murphy! We're glad that you enjoy our unique and exciting culture. It's one of the many reasons we say "There's No Place Like Holmes!" ... More

10. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Holmes Murphy full-time

Pros

Fantastic culture, quirky workspace, privately held, relaxed environment, so much flexibility, management actually listens and puts employees first, work-life balance is valued here, great coworkers

Cons

Growing pains (which is arguably a good thing, since that means we're growing quite a bit... and management has used this as an opportunity to improve or streamline many functions, including the onboarding process, communication to employees and other offices, etc.)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Thank you for thinking outside the box, praising people for asking questions, and challenging the norm.

11. "Summer intern"

Pros

Interacted with CEO as an intern

Cons

Lack of young employees in the workplace

Aug 26, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you for your review of Holmes Murphy! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the open-door environment during your internship here. Any suggestions you may have on how to attract more young ... More