Hologic Reviews | Glassdoor

Hologic Reviews

Updated October 15, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work/life balance and internal growth opportunities (in 27 reviews)

• majority of great people, some sour apples with the GP merge (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management are to involved with themselves (in 18 reviews)

• The company can do better in work life balance (in 7 reviews)

1. "District Sales Manager"

I worked at Hologic part-time

Pros

Great job, great people, competitive pay.

Cons

A lot of change at the time which I still hear is the case.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

"Amazing Company, Products, Mission, & Culture"

Current Employee - Musculoskeletal Sales Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Musculoskeletal Sales Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Hologic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I wake up everyday knowing that I have the best products in the world that can potentially save someone's life...

I could stop there but I wouldn't be doing Hologic justice, because even beyond their amazing dedication to providing and innovating world class health products, Hologic's Company Culture is second to none.

Sure people say that a company culture is good and I don't know how to convey it here, but it's truly the greatest company I've ever worked for... the only thing better than the products' Hologic manufacturers is their reputation. I wake eager and hungry to impact the lives of my customers/ facilities I serve.

Additional Pros:
    Pay is outstanding!
    Benefits are superb!
    Company really encourages thinking outside of the box and they don't discourage creativity/ originality: if you can find a more efficient/ better way of getting your job done, they encourage it!
    Continuous Education. Never stop learning!

Cons

I don't have a con, seriously. I've never worked harder and enjoyed the work I'm doing anywhere else, like I do now working at Hologic.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Love the company and I look forward to the even brighter days ahead, and furthermore, to helping improve/ impact the world.

"Breast and Skeletal Health Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Zionsville, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Zionsville, IN

I have been working at Hologic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Teams, great Leaders, great Products. Hologic delivers on its commitment of transforming patient care through innovative solutions and supports the commercial org in many great ways.

Cons

Infrastructure is slowly catching up to other industry benchmarks. Tools (IT, marketing etc.) are often implemented slowly and with varied successes.

Advice to Management

Talent development could be more of a focus and less of a PR talking point

"Leaders in Innovation"

Current Employee - Clinical in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Clinical in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Hologic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

From the top down it's a group of passionate people who are committed to Innovation of life changing technologies. There is a whole portfolio of best in class products. The Genius 3D mammography has proprietary claims of increased cancer detection. These products are saving lives and improving clinical outcomes, patient experience and treatment management.

Cons

Any medical device company will be challenged with getting FDA approval to happen quickly. It would be a huge benefit to get technology out faster to customers and the patients.

"Too much turnover in key departments"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Hologic full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great products, passionate executive leadership team.

Cons

Too many senior managers and directors, too few "worker-bees". Lots of temps hired to fill in the gaps resulting in employee churn and lack of continuity in
    knowledge and expertise.

Advice to Management

HR/Senior Leadership team needs to stop all the useless employee surveys and take the initiative to SPEAK to the employees below the manager level to get realistic feedback about the culture and working conditions in specific departments.

6. "Great people and culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hologic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great teamwork, people help each other learn and be productive.
    Honest feedback and support from management

Cons

The cubes are very 1980's.
    Thiis a women's health company with no women in leadership roles and 10 days of paid maternity leave?

7. "Hologic"

Current Employee - Production Team Leader in Danbury, CT
    Current Employee - Production Team Leader in Danbury, CT

I have been working at Hologic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company that is growing, very focused on development. Great leaders and community.

Cons

Far from home, job titles not aligned with work load.

Advice to Management

Define carreer paths as well as eduacation for development.

"Hologic San Diego needs leadership revamping! Specially Ops and QA!"

Current Employee - Operations in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hologic full-time

Pros

Love what the company stands for and how our technology contribute to health care and help save lives! Company has good values and is geared towards growth. Good vacation and sick time policies, although Gen-Probe's policies were better. Benefits are decent but health insurance is frustrating as the cost increases every year. Mostly very good and talented people to work with, with some exceptions. Nice facilities, although it's starting to show signs of aging. New VP of Ops has big shoes to fill but has been a great leader so far, he seems to want to get to know his employees and is good on recognition. Excited to see some changes starting to happen, but we still have a long road ahead to achieve our potential for best in class! I would love to see this company grow and become a great place to work, potential is abundant, just need to be harvested with great leadership!

Cons

Below average salaries! Old equipment and paper records! Top talent is not retained. Lots of Directors in Ops with long tenure that do not add anything to the organization. They do not recognize good work and are not "engaging" their employees. Actually, new leadership is needed if the company wants to become best in class! Also, there are some long term negative clock puncher employees that get away with poor behaviors and low performance, while no disciplinary action is taken, which demotivates who is trying to work hard and sends the wrong message to newer employees.

Advice to Management

Would love to see Hologic SD reach its potential for greatness! First of all, invest in equipment and technology, work hard to retain your top talent, offer more competitive salaries and other compensation! Do salary reviews and reward employees who work hard! Clean up the dead weight and remove negative naysayers and lower performers from Ops and QA. Ops need to be revamped. We have a good new VP, but he needs better leadership if he is to truly succeed. HR and perhaps the VPs as well should truly go talk to the workers and get honest feedback about their managers and directors. Hire more lower level employees who actually do the job and weed out current leadership of non-leaders! Ops seems to always be resource constrained, especially manufacturing. Always rushing to get the job done. Stop promoting people into manager roles that are not true leaders. Promote the ones who are! Change is needed to sustain successful growth! I really hope to see positive change within Hologic San Diego!

"New Hologic Employee, previously with Cynosure"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Talent in Westford, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Talent in Westford, MA

I have been working at Hologic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Acquisition has been as smooth as possible. Hologic has gone above and beyond to make Cynosure employees feel welcomed. All people that I have encountered have been smart, hard working and passionate. The executive team is impressive and very thoughtful in their approach.

Cons

There is still a lot of transition with the Acquisition, with hard work ahead of us with more integrations, but all of this is to be expected.

Advice to Management

Cynosure has a unique culture, which I hope it continues. Keep up the great work!

"The good and bad"

I have been working at Hologic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The last 5 years have been very beneficial in my career. My colleges are all supportive and all Hologic's leaders believe in your engagement and development.

Cons

With the new leadership they have started to weed out the people that can't adapt but there are still a few left. Some that are left are bringing down the team around them.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction. Leadership has made a huge impact thus far.