Cover image for Hologic
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Hologic Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Sep 3, 2021

Found 44 of over 1K reviews

Hologic President and CEO Steve MacMillan
Steve MacMillan

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Passionate about their products; great people to work with(in 78 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good and industry is steadily growing.(in 75 reviews)
  • "There’s a great work life balance that is promoted(in 40 reviews)
  • "Fast paced and dynamic environment with a good culture(in 37 reviews)
  • "It's an easy job with good pay but don't expect them to listen to any of your ideas(in 34 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor Management and few possibilities to grow within the Company(in 44 reviews)
  • "They desperately want to be like Stryker which is why they recently let go of quality, qualified upper management and brought in underqualified people from Stryker.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Many managers have so many direct reports that it is difficult to get enough time with them.(in 21 reviews)
  • "You will get no training just a piece of paper to read and be expected to magically know everything.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Companywide communication at times can be lacking and can be difficult to understand what is happening in the different divisions.(in 10 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Hologic and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Focused on maximizing profit from current products

Nov 9, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good for Hologic investors and upper management

Cons

Layoffs have become common. Narrow focus has stifled innovation, and lack of job security has crushed moral.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company, Exciting Projects, VERY HIGH Turnover

Apr 25, 2020 - Senior Marketing Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good company mission/values -Projects can be exciting

Cons

- Very High Turnover. Upper Management always seems to be shifting which in turn impacts everyone else beneath them. Frequent layoffs.

4 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Hologic team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Good work-life balance, but long-term outlook for R&D is not good given low investment in new research

Jul 28, 2020 - Scientist II in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The expectations and work-life balance are reasonable for the industry. Great automation. Doesn't feel like a huge company. More genuine people than at a lot of similar companies.

Cons

Pay is relatively low. Upper management cancels projects and moves people around whimsically. Technology is lagging due to years of low investment in research.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

No leadership, only about growth and sales

Jan 21, 2020 - Tech Support Engineer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only good is that the product helps womens

Cons

Upper management does not care about customer satisfaction, no support whatsoever for the frontline staff, all they care about is how to increase sales, they talk a lot about women's health, but they talk 'a lot' more about reaching targets, top management don't care about how junior staff feels and all they do is request for reports and tell juniors what to do, no upper management (I mean not even 1) is willing to stand in front of complaining customers, is that what you call a leader? Have you ever seen a 'big' company that has more upper management than frontline staff? All task is completed by a handful of people.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great start into the medical field

Jun 11, 2021 - Diagnostic Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great products to sell and great teammates. A lot of contests available to make extra money. Great position for someone entering the medical sales field. Excellent work life balance.

Cons

Upper management often has too many different things they want focused on at the same time with no clear direction.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Hologic Response

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback, and for all your hard work over the years you were with Hologic. Being surrounded by other talented individuals, feeling a strong connection to our purpose and our products, and feeling that Hologic is a great place to begin a journey of career growth, are all themes that we recognize contribute to our employee’s high engagement. Thank you for these callouts! We have a huge commitment to our patients and customers which can at times mean competing priorities. I can understand how this may have felt as if we had many focuses at once however, we must remain committed and disciplined to make certain we can deliver on them all. With that said, having clear direction in what you are going after is extremely important to contribute and deliver your best work. As we approach our last fiscal quarter, I will deliver this feedback across the organization so our teams can re-calibrate to finish the year strong.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Dead End

Apr 4, 2016 - Research Associate in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some smart people working here.

Cons

Glass ceilings are in place to hold even the hardest of workers down. No opportunities for growth or advancement. There is a LOT of politics and backstabbing. Upper management is clueless as to what's going on and who is/isn't actually doing work.

13 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good company to work for but little upward mobility for field service engineers.

Mar 20, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people who take pride in what they do. A job you can take pride in. Good team work on the few occasions you aren't working alone.

Cons

Sales driven business. Bad sales is somehow everyone's problem. Maintenance and installation is not a focus and is often under valued by upper management.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Contractor

Nice place but...

Jan 21, 2016 - Anonymous Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and a good environment.

Cons

They are all about 'new' and seen to be cutting out any 'old' employees from the upper management.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good Company, Terrible Manager

May 27, 2016 - R&D Engineer in Marlborough, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great mission and core values, and great products. I gained a lot of good experience here and the engineering teams are full of wonderful, skilled, and knowledgeable people.

Cons

I had a terrible boss, which ruined my experience at Hologic. He was inappropriate from both engineering and social standpoints, and made project-ruining decisions on a daily basis. Despite efforts to work around this, he influenced my work significantly, often preventing me from doing what was needed for my projects, blaming me for failures, and generally making day to day work miserable. It got to the point where I was frequently overwhelmed with just the prospect of going in to the office (I did anyway). Upper management and HR did nothing to mitigate this despite several complaints (from me and several others). Be careful who you hire in with, as lateral movement is difficult (if not impossible). Culture is very corporate, which can be good or bad depending on what you like. Cross functional teams could be better organized and there are a lot of small day to day frustrations, though there are people who push for improvements and are committed to efficient product development.

7 people found this review helpful
  11. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Too much focus on stock price

Sep 1, 2020 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hologic gives fairly good pay and bonuses

Cons

Upper management too focused on current stock price rather than producing good future products and services

1 person found this review helpful