Home Care Delivered Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Patient Care"

Former Employee - PCC in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - PCC in Richmond, VA

I worked at Home Care Delivered full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You have the pleasure of helping people that really are in need .

Cons

Micromanagement , no time to finish tasks .

Advice to Management

Show caring for ALL employees , not just a few.

2. "Things are Changing for the Better!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Glen Allen, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Glen Allen, VA

I have been working at Home Care Delivered full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management listens to the employees and involve them in discussions regarding decisions & policies that will affect them. Proper recognition for a job well done.

Cons

Communication from the top down still needs work but its better than it used to be.

Advice to Management

Keep listening!

"Consistent Improvement year after year"

Current Employee - Withheld in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Withheld in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Home Care Delivered full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There's a true effort to promote from within whenever possible. Most non-front-line positions are filled from within.

Every year I see a major, targeted effort from the CEO on down to continue making this a better place to work. Last year, after an employee survey, HCD updated (loosened) its dress code and attendance policy and added 2 holidays to our calendar. Training is improved (and improving) as well, including leadership training.

Managers' doors are open most of the time, including executives. Communication of major events is done very well in monthly all-teammate meetings.

Cons

Constantly shifting healthcare landscape brings a lot of changes to the way we do things every day. But we do a good job of keeping documentation up to date and accessible, analyzing impacts in advance, and planning rule changes so those changes happen much smoother now than they did 5 or 6 years ago.

Advice to Management

Keep on the current path

Mar 2, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your current employment experience at Home Care Delivered. We take this information very seriously and will use your comments to help us... More

4. "initial reports scared me... drastic changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

I have been working at Home Care Delivered full-time

Pros

decent pay, no micromanaging, CEO and hr assess company's review by employees, lax dress code: jeans and graphic tees!, ability to promote within 3-6 months, decent interactive onboard training, birthday pto holiday

Cons

peer training could be better, although not major favoritism amongst employees by lower management, holidays, parking lot parking

Advice to Management

continue to listen to employees

Feb 13, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your current employment experience at Home Care Delivered. It is through comments such as yours that we are better able to identify areas... More

5. "Co workers make it a better job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

I worked at Home Care Delivered full-time

Pros

Your co workers are the best asset this company has to offer. When the management doesn't know or doesn't want to fix issues, your co-workers will step up and make things happen and help you with whatever you need!

Cons

1) Upper Management. 2) They hire for positions outside of the company and don't tend to promote from within even though the people have been with the company for awhile and know how things work, instead they get someone from outside into a management position- so they don't know how things work and can't really help. 3) Managers leave for other jobs, as well as upper management.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like humans, not robots. Appreciate your employees more, and not with ice cream and stuff. When you have a management position open give it to someone within the company already, they will stay longer than the people you hire from the outside.

Oct 27, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide comments & opinions regarding your employment experience at Home Care Delivered. We appreciate any feedback on how we may be able to better service our... More

6. "Great CEO"

I worked at Home Care Delivered full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO is genuine--true to the company's values.

Cons

Alot of backstabbing in management.

Advice to Management

Stop turning a blind eye to how people are treated.

Dec 14, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your employment experience at Home Care Delivered. We take your comments seriously as they help us to identify areas of opportunity. If you would like to... More

"Meh"

Former Employee - MDA
    Former Employee - MDA

I worked at Home Care Delivered full-time

Pros

Pay starting wasn't too bad. Co workers there were pretty great and made the day go by faster. They were more of a help than the actual supervisors so we relied on each other very much. Nice break room with free cofee. Telecommuting.

Cons

One word MICROMANAGEMENT to the finest! They analyze you every single way possible. Everything is always changing and absoultly no communication. You can not be a minute late to work. One minute late results as an accidental occurrence. BUT you couldn't clock in early as its unapproved overtime. So you have to clock in exactly at your scheduled time and get yelled at if you dont. Iv never had a job that never had a grace period or didnt allow you to clock in a minute or two early or late. Bathroom breaks are classified as unscheduled breaks but lord forbid if you take unnecessary unscheduled breaks because you'll get yelled at that too. So basically you are chained to your desk for 8 hours with a hour lunch break and two 15 minute breaks before and after. Benefits are terrible and PTO is god awful.. I will give them that they were trying to improve when I left just too little too late. They try to make work fun but I felt it wasn't sincere and they didn't care about the employees. Some of their managers are good and others do not deserve their spot and have no clue what they are doing. And did I mention communication is terrible.

Advice to Management

Be aware on how you speak and talk to your employees....it feels like you are belittling them and treat them like kids. Also I recommend a grace period for clock in and clock outs. To expect an employee to clock in right on the nose is a bit unrealistic and overboard. In addition I feel like you need to train your managers more-they need to know how to do their employees job before their own. How do you expect a manager to be a good leader when they don't know how to do their own employees job. It is so hard to work when your own supervisor doesn't know what is going on. Promote inside within the department for the needed manager or supervisor positions. You have some excellent employees that are dying to move up and hardworkers-promote them!

8. "Doc Review/MDA"

Former Employee - Medical Documentation Associate in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Medical Documentation Associate in Richmond, VA

I worked at Home Care Delivered full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many customers appreciate us for helping them receive medical supplies. Oh and they gave us candy and treats

Cons

Very difficult to get promoted and unorganized. The management team did not have many answers to the questions I had and it took much effort to get an answer. The job become repetitive and eventually boring.

Advice to Management

Consider giving your employees incentives instead of food based on productivity.

9. "The most miserable experience of my life"

I worked at Home Care Delivered full-time

Pros

Getting a paycheck. That's really about it. The pay isn't bad, but no amount of money is worth putting up with this company.

Cons

WAY too many to list. Talk about being micro managed to the max! This is one of those companies that can never be satisfied; you can pull in a ton of money per day and make a gazillion calls and it doesn't matter - they'll make sure and find something ridiculous and negative to dock you for. You're not even given the proper tools or time to do your work, but it doesn't matter. Even if you miraculously do make it work you're still treated like a piece of garbage and a little child. I could list all the BS but I won't because I don't even like thinking about my time there. It was literally traumatizing. Stay far, far away from this hole if you care about your mental health at all. I left and took a considerable pay cut and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. Absolute misery every.single.day.

Advice to Management

Ha why waste my time

10. "Meh."

I worked at Home Care Delivered (More than a year)

Pros

The people are wonderful to work with.

Cons

The management needs to figure out what they're doing.