Home Décor Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Home Décor Products Reviews

Jon Bernstein

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great in its hay-day"

Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Edison, NJ

Pros

Very entrepreneurial spirit, but that has changed over the past year or so.

Cons

Management can use a bit of a guiding hand. Also, inter-departmental communication is almost non-existent.

Advice to Management

Recognize line-level employees and their ideas.

2. "Poor communication."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Pros

good benefits. relaxed office environment. friendly employees.

Cons

There is limited communication between management and employees. Also very poor communication between groups or departments.

Advice to Management

Treat employees fairly, pay them what they are worth, communicate better with entire company.

3. "Great in its day, but has gone downhill"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Pros

Home decor offers relatively decent exposure to a fast moving e commerce environment. In recent years it has gone slightly downhill but years ago when it was up and coming, it was really fun to be a part of, the former CEO would throw outrageous parties that were legendary and the vibe was great. It got difficult towards the end as new management came in and basically completely re-arranged the company. It played a large part in helping me achieve the next stage in my career. I still keep in touch with most of the personnel. Easily one of the more exciting jobs I've ever had.

Cons

As a start up environment, the hours expected were long and weekends were always open for work. I remember being called at 1 AM to deal with a problem as my boss got a call from the CEO at 12:00 am since he was browsing the site and noticed a "disaster" of a problem. Also, time off was an issue. We all had 2 weeks (or more) but were not encouraged to take it. (A big no no in my book). Also, the politics were really crazy as new management transitioned in. Not sure I'd reccomend working there at this point.

Advice to Management

Focus on core business and give the employees a bit of break.

4. "Great company to work for"

I worked at Home Décor Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and the work environment was great. Hard working people made a huge difference for the company.

Cons

Layoffs and the company eventually closed down. The dot com bubble burst and Home Decor was a casualty of it.