Home Helpers (Toronto) Reviews | Glassdoor

Judy Richards
  1. "CNA Caregiver"

Current Employee - CNA Caregiver in Saint John, IN

I have been working at Home Helpers (Toronto) part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Helping the Elderly, and helping people stay in their home's.

Cons

Part time-not easy to get 40 hrs., each week is different, and no benefits.

Home Helpers (Toronto)2016-07-23
    • "Excellent staff"

Current Employee - Pca in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Home Helpers (Toronto)

Pros

The staff here is great. You can pick the hours that work best for your schedule. There is always someone available to help you if something comes up.

Cons

I was disappointed about lack of health coverage. They don't off holiday pay or vacation time off.

Home Helpers (Toronto)2016-10-23

"Caregiver"

Former Employee - Arkansas in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Home Helpers (Toronto)

Pros

Willing to work arounf yiur schedule, at first.

Cons

No insurance, barely above minimum wage, and they will work you absolutely to death with very little time off. If you are between clients you became the on call person .

Advice to Management

Pay raises and insurance would get better and more dependable emp5

Home Helpers (Toronto)2016-10-29

"I feel like I'm stuck in Hell and no one cares!"

Current Employee - Home Health Caregiver in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Home Helpers (Toronto) full-time for less than a year

Pros

None. Staff pay and treatment is inconsistent. Clients are uninformed as to what to expect. There is no reporting between Caregivers, so you don't have any idea what, or who is doing what.

Cons

No support from management No benefits No mileage pay No holiday pay Terrible communication with staff Clients are often dissatisfied You are treated like a vagrant They deduct pre-employment fees from your pay CEO is not compassionate

Advice to Management

Treat your staff with respect Reward those that are dependable Create a flow of continuing care between Caregivers Offer benefits and major holiday pay Protect clients privacy Pay your staff, don't hang paychecks on office door for pickup Keep Caregivers informed of changes and who to report to Conduct staff meetings Internal staff need to be evaluated by the clients and Caregivers and fire those that don't perform at...

Home Helpers (Toronto)2016-09-25

"Caregiver"

Current Employee - Caregiver in Chillicothe, OH

I have been working at Home Helpers (Toronto) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Willing to work around other schedules. Office staff is friendly. Overtime is sometimes available if you're interested.

Cons

Scheduling is sometimes a mess. Pay is not the greatest.

Advice to Management

New office girl is sweet but does not know how to do her job. She'd be better off as a caregiver.

Home Helpers (Toronto)2016-06-28

"Fulfilling job"

Current Employee - Personal Care Assistant in Mequon, WI

I have been working at Home Helpers (Toronto)

Pros

Easy to get a job with them with little or no experience. Very flexible hours. You get a great deal of independence in how you do your job as you're alone with your client all of the time with little input from anyone else. Can get a 401(k) with matching benefits after a year.

Cons

You may not be able to get as many hours as you want, or when you want them all of the time. Your clients may die or change on you, and that can be emotionally difficult, and leave you with very few hours until you get another client. No paid time off. Have to work some holidays and weekends.

Advice to Management

Need to consider giving more benefits and better pay.

Home Helpers (Toronto)2016-04-30
    • "Home Helpers, companion care."

Current Employee - Personal Care Assistant in Oneida, NY

I have been working at Home Helpers (Toronto) for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, I admire the owners of the local company, very caring and compassionate about their clients

Cons

Low pay, not enough hours

Home Helpers (Toronto)2016-04-21
    • "Wonderful Place to work"

I worked at Home Helpers (Toronto)

Pros

I could not have asked for a better company to spend the last four years at. Mary and Mike are wonderful people that really invest in their employees. Above all they are kind and honest. Any nurse would be lucky to work for them

Cons

There are none I would like to share. They always have an open door and are willing to resolve any issues.

Home Helpers (Toronto)2015-08-21
    • "Home helpers toronto"

Current Employee - Society Helper in Kabul

I have been working at Home Helpers (Toronto) full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like to help the people around the world. It is my weaknes that whenever someone needs help i can not stop myself to help that person.

Cons

There is nothing bad in this society but some member think that only if we not help the others they can not take out theirselves from that problem' so we should not think like that .we should just think that they needs our help and we need their help

Advice to Management

My advice is simple just take care of your society member and when ever you peopal help someone do not say that without us or without our help he was finish. Sorry if i had made any mistake Thanks alot

Home Helpers (Toronto)2019-05-08