Home Paramount Pest Control Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Long time employee"

Current Employee - Inspector
    Current Employee - Inspector

I have been working at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Home Paramount prides its self on its name also customer satisfaction. I have been working for this company for 9years. I have worked in several branches over the years. Home Paramount is a good company. They care about there employees as well as customers. The upper management is appreciative of the employees and there sucess. Steady year around work. The company also believes in promoting from within.

Cons

Can be long hours at times

Jun 12, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review, we welcome feedback as a way of improving our workplace. We're so glad you're happy in your role at Home Paramount, we understand the hours... More

2. "Slave ship mentality very Dictatorship like. Poor pay advancement."

Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in Nottingham, MD
    Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in Nottingham, MD

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to get early pest control experience and exposure. Companies owners are friendly with politicians. Stable place for early training.

Cons

Poor pay, very little to no raises, hours are killer, workload can after while be overwhelming due to lack of breaks.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees the way you want to be treated. Share the wealth, stop allowing your upper management to get away with being Dictator!

Sep 5, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and for your three years of service. We agree, after more than seventy eight years in business, Home Paramount is a stable company to work for as... More

3. "Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you press for it, you can be paid well

Cons

bullying tactics and lack of integrity

Advice to Management

run away

Jul 3, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your five years of service and taking the time to provide feedback. We're committed to providing a comfortable and collaborative work environment so it's disappointing to read your... More

4. "Service technician"

I have been working at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time

Pros

Company truck, company phone, adequate trainings

Cons

Commission based pay, long hours that sometimes don't match pay. Lack of communication between customers and scheduled appointments which often causes unpaid return visits due to the customers not being available for service the first time.

Advice to Management

Use a salary based pay with a smaller percentage for commission, change the way customers are contacted for their service or set up an automatic service schedule for each customer so they will be available, and allow the tech enough time to complete the service without feeling that they have to rush through the process. Don't pile on so many jobs in 1 day.

May 8, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We always appreciate and welcome feedback from our employees. In some cases however, better communication is required in order to address concerns... More

5. "Technical Specialist/Manager"

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

ADVANCEMENT WITHIN THE COMPANY!! I have been with Home Paramount for 19 years. Started as a Technician advanced to Management. I have trained and promoted technicians to management positions. Home Paramount promotes within, only if, you prove yourself to your Management Team.. Our Management teams believes in working hard in order to become successful. You must work hard and learn the industry. Home Paramount offers a nice benefit package (Health, Retirement, Vac/Sick, etc.) Thank You, Home Paramount!

Cons

Home Paramount does thorough Background checks and the hiring process could take sometime (7-15 days), to be hired by, the Best, You must be, the Best.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting within!

Mar 13, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback! You are right, hard work and a commitment to learning the industry will open up many opportunities for advancement. Home Paramount believes in promoting from within and... More

"As Backward As A Company Can Run"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Technical Department has good minds but are under utilized. There were very good people that would come along at the branch level but typically they were run off quickly.

Cons

Very demanding work schedule especiallynfor branch managers. Long Saturdays to hit unattainable numbers. Very poor business ethics. Abuse of conference calls was awful. Every single morning reading off silly numbers from the day before. Its 2017. Read an email you dumb hillbilly.

Advice to Management

I could go on for days about the unethical practices this place continues to do. They push revenue, revenue, revenue even if jobs need done during improper times or label violations.
       I've seen "regional managers" with zero qualifications to be there but get the position simply because they will carry out the owners obsurd plans. I've witnessed a "cfo" hand down budgets to branches with no idea how he got to the numbers on the page. I saw branch managers fired simply because they were trying to do the right thing but it wasn't exactly what the owners wanted. They use the term "manager" very loosly because they have no intention of you managing anything. They simply want you to be a puppet and do exactly as told no matter what the cost.
        I can assure you that 75% of the positive feedback on this site are dummy reviews. Most employees are miserable but feel trapped or overwhelmed with the thought of being unemployed or job hunting. I have even heard that they ask their current managers to go on and post positive reviews on sites.
        Working for a family owned company was supposed to be something that could set them apart from the Large Corporations but i can tell you from experience working for them all that this is by far the worst.

Mar 6, 2017 – HR Director

Home Paramount is a service company that has been in business since 1939 and over the years has maintained an honorable reputation. We are Quality Pro Certified which is a recognition provided by... More

"Don't work here"

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are no pros to work here

Cons

A lot of cons like upper management it's bad to many conference calls to much micro managing. They treat you like a kid. They make you work every sat all late hours for a family business they don't give you family time. The regional manager sits at home on Saturday emails you and if you don't have a certain number you can't go home till you have permission.. it's a big time joke

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your customers have better customer service get rid of the call center because they can't sale work over the phone. Treat your employees better

Mar 1, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we’re sorry to hear that after more than ten years with Home Paramount you have no pros to share. As you know we operate numerous locations in six... More

8. "sales"

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time

Pros

The People that you worked beside, The customers that you assisted

Cons

The Branch management were puppets on a string from regional manager. No time to assist customers or staff with all conference calls. He had NO clue how to talk or treat people.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time

Pros

I have had a great experience with the company. I have been in the pest control industry for many years and Home Paramount is the best company that I have dealt with, Owners that truly care about the employees.

Cons

I would only recommend that performance evaluations and cost of living increases be added to the company policy.

Mar 1, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your review, we're so glad to hear you're happy working at Home Paramount.

We appreciate your feedback regarding performance evaluations and will conduct a review of our process.... More

10. "my experience with hp."

Current Employee - Service Manager in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a joy to work for home paramount everyone feels like family.

Cons

for the last five years my experience at home paramount has been great as long as you do what you say your going to do and put our customers first then the stress level disappears.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work.

Mar 1, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're happy to hear that you enjoy working at Home Paramount and appreciate your feedback!