HomeAdvisor Reviews in Golden, CO | Glassdoor

HomeAdvisor Golden Reviews

Updated January 7, 2017

Golden, CO

Pros
  • The teams here are driven and you're expected to perform at a high level but, there's still a generous work/life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Great company, great people to work with (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Other then the normal call center gossipers (in 15 reviews)

• There are constant threats to job security (people are fired or quit almost daily) and are replaced almost instantly (in 8 reviews)

1. "Online Sales Consultant"

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time

Pros

The V.P of sales is amazing! Since he has been in the office he has brought so many ideas and fun/excitement for everyone who wants to be there. the environment, huge office, the base pay & commission if your willing to work your butt off can be great.

Cons

management only looking to promote outside as oppose to within the business software this is a BIG one! When you come to work day in & day out & nothing works or shuts down for hours at a time, doesn't care about long term partnership with clients or employees,micro manage, office location, overall this place is very stressful I would honestly say there was more stress than pleasure.

Advice to Management

If you have people whom have been there for over 2 years there is no need to micro manage them or feel it's a necessity to dictate there every move. Be more personable without that your reps are just slipping away

2. "HomeAdvisor is pRiSoN"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Golden, CO
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Golden, CO

I worked at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-You can get very drunk at work and no one will know. Why? It's the least stimulating job in the world.

Cons

-The worst thing about HomeAdvisor was the dementors

Nov 18, 2016 – HomeAdvisor Team Member

I’m sorry to hear you were unstimulated in a sales role at our company. I hope you find a better fit. –Brad Fosser, VP Sales

3. "Happy Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Option to work from home. Treats employees like people and not just a number

Cons

Hard to stay trim and fit with all the food they give to their employees

5. "Winning!"

Current Employee - BCC+ Representative in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - BCC+ Representative in Golden, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work with fantastic benefits and fast promotion options. Tuition reimbursement and great vacation time for even new employees after 6 months. Great management that is there to help you grow. Constant ongoing training and transparency with how the company is planning to grow or invest.

Cons

Would like more work from home options, but that really is not horrible con.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and caring about your team. Their success is a direct reflection on you.

6. "High Growth, Innovation and Collaboration"

Current Employee - Corporate Staff in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Corporate Staff in Golden, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great recognition from team, managers and higher up leadership. Opportunities to take on more responsibility often - various projects, encouraged to be innovative, ask questions and constantly improve in areas of weakness. Awesome people, fun events happening all year long, tons of perks from parent company, and lots of room to grow and advance your career.

Cons

Growing so fast that our current space is busting at the seams. But we are opening a new office in RiNo in 2018, so that problem is solved.

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing good work and encouraging staff to step up and take on more responsibility. The more ownership we have over where the company is going, the more invested we are and will stick around for a long time.

Oct 3, 2016 – HomeAdvisor Team Member

Thank you for this positive review. We’re excited to move downtown and I’ll make sure to pass along your feedback to our management team. – Shannon Garcia-Lewis, VP HR

7. "Good company"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Golden, CO
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Golden, CO

I worked at HomeAdvisor full-time

Pros

Great company, awesome training, fun games and things to do, pretty good lunch menu also...

Cons

The commute was too far for me at the time but it was a great experience for me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, listen more to your employees and keep it fun. People like fun.

Sep 21, 2016 – HomeAdvisor Team Member

Thanks for the great review! We’re sorry we lost you due to the commute to our Golden office. Please keep in touch if you’re ever interested in re-joining the team, and best of luck in your future ... More

"Best Company Out There"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Golden, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time

Pros

Great Commission and Base Pay
    Great Benefits
    Great Bonuses
    Great Trips, concerts, professional games, Mustang giveaway last year are all the added perks of sales!
    Contests to win extra money like 1000, 3000, 5000 dollars
    Great Company to work for they care about their employees and families
    Great Management is the best it has ever been!
    I will never leave! This company works with you an everything professional to personal because they like happy employees and they care about families! YOU WILL NOT FIND ANOTHER COMPANY LIKE THIS ANY WHERE OUT THERE! YOU CAN NOT MAKE THIS KINDA OF MONEY ANYWHERE FOR SALES! I love coming to work everyday!!!

Cons

Work Hard! Great work ethic goes along ways! do not stop keep going even when you are on the top! There is no cap on commissions! It is unlimited potential! It is sales and you have to have high dials and talk time! You have to be on your game at all times! You have tools to do your job and great coaching!

Advice to Management

Just keep the money coming and contests!!!

Aug 29, 2016 – HomeAdvisor Team Member

Thanks for the feedback! We will certainly keep up the incentives for high performance, and are working towards the fixes you’ve suggested. It’s great to have you on the team! –Brad Fosser, VP Sales

"Senior rep 2 years"

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time

Pros

Great pay, last year averaged $37 per hour for the year. Great atmosphere, great people. Do your job and be honest and you get left alone. Been a great experience so far.

Cons

Your experience can vary depending on manger/director. The only con is their hiring too many people and taking my prospects. Need to do better screening, hire better sales people instead a high volume of sub part talent.

Advice to Management

Need continual training on product, would be able to hold people more accoutable.

Aug 23, 2016 – HomeAdvisor Team Member

Appreciate the review. HomeAdvisor has seen accelerated growth in the past 2 years, and our need for employees has matched the company growth. We strive to do our best to hire top talent and provide ... More

10. "Home Advisor Rocks!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Golden, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Awesome work environment. Great energy and always a place that helps you become your very best.

Cons

Stressful. Job security is sometimes in question just like any sales job. Some months you're starving, some your eating like a king.

Advice to Management

High base salary. I think if employees were given a stronger base pay they would work harder. I know i would.

Oct 3, 2016 – HomeAdvisor Team Member

Appreciate the review. We are certainly lucky to have you on our team for over 8 years. YOU rock! – Brad Fosser, VP Sales

"It's a grind, but the money's there..."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Golden, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent commission structure, competitive benefits package, ample time off and great coworkers

Cons

LOTS of dialing--way more than most inside sales environments. The company is recovering from a bad reputation (previously known as ServiceMagic) so you're often calling previous clients who get legitimately angry that you're even calling them.

Aug 29, 2016 – HomeAdvisor Team Member

Lots of dialing but it certainly is worth it! We’ve gone above and beyond to improve our product offerings and love having the opportunity to win old customers back. Feel free to send any ideas you ... More