HomePay Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "so happy I'm here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at HomePay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been very fortunate to work at some spectacular places in my career and this, for sure, is one of the best. The people are amazing, the culture is top notch, the management is fabulous. I am so glad I accepted the offer of employment and can't wait to see what happens next!

Cons

I've been here several months now and can't say that I've seen any cons. The management works really hard to communicate openly to the team and work to solve any potential issues before they happen.

2. "Great Culture"

Pros

Coworkers were super cool and fun to work with

Cons

Not a clear path for advancement

3. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Business Consultant, Tax ID Specialist, Setup Specialist in Austin, TX

Pros

-Genuine, good people from top to bottom, including managers and directors.
    -Managers and coworkers always willing to help you and answer questions.
    -Company leaders are open to and encouraging of feedback and new ideas.
    -Many new hires, myself included, are given the opportunity to work in different positions in the company. This keeps things interesting and gives you an opportunity to really understand the industry and how the company operates.
    -Overall great work life balance.
    -Company is doing very well - helps contribute to a strong sense of job security, as long as you do a decent job.
    -Decent pay, OT pay, potential for bonuses and raises.
    -Generous vacation, holidays, and sick leave. (Last summer they even gave us an extra 2-3 paid days off, just because.)
    -Company offers lots of benefits.
    -Fun social events, occasional booze, Taco Tuesdays and other snacks.
    Summary: A very good company to work for.

Cons

-Some of the roles require providing phone availability, which means there can be a bit less flexibility in your day for non-mandatory meetings, appointments, etc.
    -Occasional OT. I only bring this up since I mentioned OT pay in the "Pros" section. In the positions I worked, at least, it was infrequent. And when there would be OT, it would usually be about 30-60 minutes. Never on the weekend.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

4. "Consultant"

I worked at HomePay full-time

Pros

Very friendly, "family-oriented" atmosphere; management does a good job at making everyone happy and HR does a great job at hiring friendly people. Everyone in the company gets along really well.
    Great communication from upper management to employees. They genuinely want to make sure everyone enjoys their job.

Cons

Everyone in the same position shares the same workload, so if someone is less efficient, you end up picking up their slack.
    Lots of overtime around busy season.
    The job can sometimes feel like working at a call center, and the clients aren't always friendly.

Advice to Management

Maybe have a better system with dividing up workload so that it isn't as easy for some people to end up working harder than others.

5. "only for entry level devs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at HomePay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hr cares for what's important to you
    Some friendly and bright people throughout the company
    Taco Tuesday usually from taco deli
    Company events

Cons

Dev environment struggles to properly plan releases
    Titles don't represent the work you're actually doing. Eg: Architect checks code by other people, does Support, and watches bank job.
    All devs spend 50% of their role doing internal tech support, which is never mentioned in role
    No eating at desk policy for anyone yet executives do this

Advice to Management

Be equals with your teams and everyone
    Stop devs from having 50% of Time spent on support
    Get a support team going
    Get a BA
    Listen to the devs on their ideas

6. "Excellent company to work for"

I have been working at HomePay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just hired into the company, unbelievably friendly staff and great benefits. Comprehensive and thorough training program adequately prepares you for the job. Growing company with tons of potential for growth. Excellent work life balance, plenty of time off.

Cons

None of any significance. Parking can be difficult depending on when you arrive, other than that no complaints at all.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

7. "Business Consultant"

Former Employee - Business Consultant, New Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Business Consultant, New Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at HomePay (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment
    Everyone that works there is so friendly
    Always an opportunity to learn something new
    What you put in is what you get out

Cons

The overtime hours was a big issue when working there but it was manageable and the managers were always friendly about compensating in other ways

8. "Amazing place to work."

Pros

Great location, no drama, clear goals and expectations, and great mission driven company.

Cons

None! This place is great.

"Career Growth Opportunities in a Great Environment"

Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at HomePay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Breedlove & Associates provides a great work-life balance. The work can be challenging, and the company has high standards, but you never have to take the work home with you. From the top down everyone's attitude is friendly and supportive. They offer excellent retirement, health, dental, and vacation benefits. The company is growing, and they tend to promote from within, so there is a lot of opportunity for personal career growth. Management encourages everyone from the bottom-up to engage with the company's overall mission and share their ideas. Credit goes to those who work hard and innovate, regardless of seniority.

Cons

The hours can be long during the busy seasons. The company has very high standards and expects 100% effort and focus during work hours- there's never a down moment.

Advice to Management

Keep at it! Management has done a great job guiding the company and positioning us well for the future. If they keep doing what they are doing, they'll have happy and motivated employees for years.

"Great company to work for!"

Pros

I have been employed at Breedlove & Associates for a year now. Working for this company provides tremendous development opportunities in a work environment that is both professional and enjoyable.

There is an extensive training program that everyone must go through at the time of hire. This training program more than prepares you for the job at hand.

Additionally, the management team at Breedlove & Associates provides continued training and support for all employees.

Overall, working for this growing company is a great opportunity.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about working for Breedlove & Associates. If you are a hardworking, driven, goal oriented individual, working here would provide you with endless growth and career advancement opportunities.