HomeScript Pharmacy Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2
Thomas Cappetta

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Pharmacy Technician"

Pros

Great hours
    Fun staff
    Close to home

Cons

Management was poor
    Did not pay enough

2. "Dont waste your time"

Former Employee - Fill Tech
    Former Employee - Fill Tech

I worked at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co workers were cool than a fan work was ok hours were ok

Cons

Tom came on and made unnecessary changes no raises no incentives fired a bunch of people and put there work on the very few that was left and still no raise. The owner seemed to not be able to make his own decisions stick.

Advice to Management

No advice for them because im out of there

3. "Former employee"

Pros

Good hours and co-workers, good location.

Cons

Management is not in tune with what the workers are doing.

4. "Good company purpose but not great execution"

Pros

People under management level are great and fun to work with.

Cons

Can often be a revolving door of employees because it's very hard or even impossible to get a raise or move up. Upper management has no feel for how things are going.

Advice to Management

Be willing to reward employees and they might stick around longer. Find a way to be more involved in the company so you know how people feel about it.

"From horrible to failure"

Former Employee - Patient Care Instructor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Patient Care Instructor in Chicago, IL

I worked at HomeScript Pharmacy (More than 3 years)

Pros

The coworkers. The freedom of not being in the office as a driver. Meeting some wonderful people on your route. You can gain experience in the pharmacy to be used at a better pharmacy(not anymore though since everyone was let go)

Cons

The pay. The management. The inability of the COO/CEO to recognize how they're failing. Customer service's in ability to do their job like they're supposed to.

Advice to Management

When the company goes from a great business and so many people working and doing well, to slowly deteriorating, don't wait until things are at the absolute worst to actually do something about it. And when you do, letting go of the people actually doing their job right instead of where the probem starts(Customer Seevice reps), is not the way to do it. The changes Tom made were absolutely horrible and Aristotle(CEO) either didn't care about what happened or simply turned a blind eye and let things happen. As a result, patients were unhappy, morale went down the drain, and we lost so many patients and employees. Employees weren't asked if we thought a new idea would work or how we could improve/modify it to make it work. We were just told to deal with changes because that's what the boss wants. Customer service reps' integrity must have gone out the window as well. So many errors, so many lies, and it just looked like they stopped caring. It was noticeable, but yet nothing was done about it. Even so, Tom said that's his "A Team". Customer service wasn't really trusted by pharmacy people or drivers. Most patients followed soon after. They became order takers. And since Tom wanted a change where reps didn't need to call anyone(hence making them more useless), patients had to accept it and call in every time something was missing from their order. All that doesn't sound like a good business but that's the way they wanted and now the pharmacy is run on 2 people, there's no drivers anymore(most orders, if not all soon, are mailed), and the "A Team"(3 of them, used to be 7-8) is still there. So yeah, great job upper management.

Also, if good people are doing good at their jobs, it would help to give them a raise. dont wait until people threaten to leave to give them raises. But I guess that's not an issue now since pretty much everyone was let go.

6. "Moving in the Right Direction"

Current Employee - Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Homescript is an easy place to work. Coworkers are great, work isn't too hard. The company just put the Pharmacist in charge of customer service - its about time!! The changes the company is making in customer service is in the right direction.

Cons

New people aren't working at the same level as experienced employees.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what we're doing - reward hard workers and get rid of people not pulling their weight.

7. "Former driver"

Current Employee - Driver in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Driver in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Freedom from an office with your own company car

Cons

Worst management. No one has a clue what they're doing.

"Job is what you make of it. Good work environment (aside from compensation)."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pharmacy provides much needed services to impoverished, predominantly African-American, senior citizens. Fellow employees are friendly and focused. I have been promoted twice, so hard work is often recognized. The CFO has drastically reduced her interaction with the Pharmacy. The new manager is allowed to not only run the pharmacy, but to make sweeping changes at his discretion. Pharmacists, fill techs, and delivery teams are all excellent.

Cons

Customer Service controls the work flow for distribution and the pharmacy. Unfortunately, that team has a high turnover rate. Longer tenured reps would allow for better customer interaction and establish relationships, improving business across the board. Dress code could be relaxed.

The big problem I see at this company is the level of compensation - Incentives would improve morale and give individuals a real goal to work for. Salaried individuals should be compensated for 50-60 hour work weeks.

Advice to Management

Reward the longer tenured employees (those that have stuck with company through good and bad times). Raising the entry level pay to industry averages could go a long way in reducing turnover. Continue providing positive services to the community.

"Good team good service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Pharmacy Tech in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Pharmacy Tech in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been here for several years ,started in an entylevel position and have been promoted over time.even though we've had our growing pains ,I think its worth it. I heard about this site when a former employee contacted me to pass along negitave information so she can put it on this site.I came here to say that I support the company and the people I work with.

Cons

Get a life and you won't have any cons.

Advice to Management

More consistancy and better accountability in all aspects of the company.

"Fun company, hard working team"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people. The team works really hard at providing the best customer service possible. The management team sets a high standard.

Cons

Long hours at times, but that's the norm in the industry. Turnover, but that's expected in the industry. Especially in customer service.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees. Try bring more patient and invest more in them.