HomeScript Pharmacy Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Thomas Cappetta

1. "Moving in the Right Direction"

Current Employee - Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Homescript is an easy place to work. Coworkers are great, work isn't too hard. The company just put the Pharmacist in charge of customer service - its about time!! The changes the company is making in customer service is in the right direction.

Cons

New people aren't working at the same level as experienced employees.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what we're doing - reward hard workers and get rid of people not pulling their weight.

"From horrible to failure"

Former Employee - Patient Care Instructor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Patient Care Instructor in Chicago, IL

I worked at HomeScript Pharmacy (More than 3 years)

Pros

The coworkers. The freedom of not being in the office as a driver. Meeting some wonderful people on your route. You can gain experience in the pharmacy to be used at a better pharmacy(not anymore though since everyone was let go)

Cons

The pay. The management. The inability of the COO/CEO to recognize how they're failing. Customer service's in ability to do their job like they're supposed to.

Advice to Management

When the company goes from a great business and so many people working and doing well, to slowly deteriorating, don't wait until things are at the absolute worst to actually do something about it. And when you do, letting go of the people actually doing their job right instead of where the probem starts(Customer Seevice reps), is not the way to do it. The changes Tom made were absolutely horrible and Aristotle(CEO) either didn't care about what happened or simply turned a blind eye and let things happen. As a result, patients were unhappy, morale went down the drain, and we lost so many patients and employees. Employees weren't asked if we thought a new idea would work or how we could improve/modify it to make it work. We were just told to deal with changes because that's what the boss wants. Customer service reps' integrity must have gone out the window as well. So many errors, so many lies, and it just looked like they stopped caring. It was noticeable, but yet nothing was done about it. Even so, Tom said that's his "A Team". Customer service wasn't really trusted by pharmacy people or drivers. Most patients followed soon after. They became order takers. And since Tom wanted a change where reps didn't need to call anyone(hence making them more useless), patients had to accept it and call in every time something was missing from their order. All that doesn't sound like a good business but that's the way they wanted and now the pharmacy is run on 2 people, there's no drivers anymore(most orders, if not all soon, are mailed), and the "A Team"(3 of them, used to be 7-8) is still there. So yeah, great job upper management.

Also, if good people are doing good at their jobs, it would help to give them a raise. dont wait until people threaten to leave to give them raises. But I guess that's not an issue now since pretty much everyone was let go.

3. "Former driver"

Current Employee - Driver in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Driver in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Freedom from an office with your own company car

Cons

Worst management. No one has a clue what they're doing.

"Job is what you make of it. Good work environment (aside from compensation)."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pharmacy provides much needed services to impoverished, predominantly African-American, senior citizens. Fellow employees are friendly and focused. I have been promoted twice, so hard work is often recognized. The CFO has drastically reduced her interaction with the Pharmacy. The new manager is allowed to not only run the pharmacy, but to make sweeping changes at his discretion. Pharmacists, fill techs, and delivery teams are all excellent.

Cons

Customer Service controls the work flow for distribution and the pharmacy. Unfortunately, that team has a high turnover rate. Longer tenured reps would allow for better customer interaction and establish relationships, improving business across the board. Dress code could be relaxed.

The big problem I see at this company is the level of compensation - Incentives would improve morale and give individuals a real goal to work for. Salaried individuals should be compensated for 50-60 hour work weeks.

Advice to Management

Reward the longer tenured employees (those that have stuck with company through good and bad times). Raising the entry level pay to industry averages could go a long way in reducing turnover. Continue providing positive services to the community.

"Good team good service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Pharmacy Tech in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Pharmacy Tech in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been here for several years ,started in an entylevel position and have been promoted over time.even though we've had our growing pains ,I think its worth it. I heard about this site when a former employee contacted me to pass along negitave information so she can put it on this site.I came here to say that I support the company and the people I work with.

Cons

Get a life and you won't have any cons.

Advice to Management

More consistancy and better accountability in all aspects of the company.

"Fun company, hard working team"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people. The team works really hard at providing the best customer service possible. The management team sets a high standard.

Cons

Long hours at times, but that's the norm in the industry. Turnover, but that's expected in the industry. Especially in customer service.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees. Try bring more patient and invest more in them.

"Great place to work if you have No Dreams or Aspirations"

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At the end of the day the only positive aspect of this place are the services offered to patients. Co-workers are also very helpful and friendly.

Cons

Since I started working here the Owner and CFO have been completely responsible for destroying company morale and trust. Any opposition to these two is met with hostility and/or termination.

The turnover rate is high and workers in sweatshops get more respect than employees do here.

Pay raises are non-existent, no matter how well you perform, and you'll be lucky to get minimum wage.

Advice to Management

The only honorable thing to do at this point is spare employees the humility and just close this business for good. It's a disgrace to this Country that a company can be run like this while treating employees in such a disposable manner that proves the American Dream is Dead...

"Hostile, Underpaying Work Environment"

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The service offered to patients is great and a benefit to the community, especially the financially disadvantaged and physically disabled (at least in theory, it is not executed very well).
    -When you're on the bottom rung and not privy to the activities of upper management, its actually a pretty good job. Everyone on the entry level in our team is actually quite friendly and helpful.
    -A nice change from the frantic day-to-day of retail pharmacy.

Cons

-Upper management is completely out of touch. All business decisions are made not based on talking to employees or studying their behaviors, but by looking at a number on a page. Numbers that have been proven as fundamentally flawed, but any evidence shown to prove the inaccuracies is brushed off as an "excuse" to not make them more money.

-Even the pharmacist gets pushed aside like his decades of experience aren't worth diddly.

-They don't trust their employees; multiple decisions have been made that don't increase productivity, they exist solely to watch us like vultures.

-While us entry-level employees aren't privy to all the financial details, there is evidence that they have lied about the growth of the business to avoid having to give people raises... raises which would bring them up to the Chicago average, instead of well below it where they are now.

-The department I work in has gone three months without a manager, because everyone in middle management gets lambasted for the most trivial things.

Advice to Management

A good leader should be able to sit down at an employee's desk, pick up a task, and understand what needs to be done and how to do it. The CEO, CFO, and owner all wouldn't have a single idea what to do if they sat down at our desks and were expected to do our jobs. How can you lead a team and tell them what to do, if you don't even know what it is they do? We get that you're a businessperson, no one expects you to know clinical work, but I could ask any practical question and get blank stares. The great majority of the problems that upper management has caused would be solved if they actually understood what it led to at the day-to-day production level.

"Too much work for too little pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most employees are in the late 20s or early 30s which is nice for socializing. Middle management is usually easy to deal with and on the side of the employees. The high deductible health care plan is decent.

Cons

Hours can vary depending on volume of workload. Everyone almost always works overtime, but only nonsalaried positions get compensated for it. Starting salary is between $20,000 and $22,000. Upper management is out of touch and hostile. The turnover rate is somewhere around 100% - 200%.

Advice to Management

Stop firing so many people. Also, give incentives to work harder rather than threats. And if it's not broken, don't fix it.

10. "Former employee"

Pros

Good hours and co-workers, good location.

Cons

Management is not in tune with what the workers are doing.