HomeScript Pharmacy Reviews | Glassdoor

"Good team good service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Pharmacy Tech in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Pharmacy Tech in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been here for several years ,started in an entylevel position and have been promoted over time.even though we've had our growing pains ,I think its worth it. I heard about this site when a former employee contacted me to pass along negitave information so she can put it on this site.I came here to say that I support the company and the people I work with.

Cons

Get a life and you won't have any cons.

Advice to Management

More consistancy and better accountability in all aspects of the company.

"Fun company, hard working team"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people. The team works really hard at providing the best customer service possible. The management team sets a high standard.

Cons

Long hours at times, but that's the norm in the industry. Turnover, but that's expected in the industry. Especially in customer service.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees. Try bring more patient and invest more in them.

"Job is what you make of it. Good work environment (aside from compensation)."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pharmacy provides much needed services to impoverished, predominantly African-American, senior citizens. Fellow employees are friendly and focused. I have been promoted twice, so hard work is often recognized. The CFO has drastically reduced her interaction with the Pharmacy. The new manager is allowed to not only run the pharmacy, but to make sweeping changes at his discretion. Pharmacists, fill techs, and delivery teams are all excellent.

Cons

Customer Service controls the work flow for distribution and the pharmacy. Unfortunately, that team has a high turnover rate. Longer tenured reps would allow for better customer interaction and establish relationships, improving business across the board. Dress code could be relaxed.

The big problem I see at this company is the level of compensation - Incentives would improve morale and give individuals a real goal to work for. Salaried individuals should be compensated for 50-60 hour work weeks.

Advice to Management

Reward the longer tenured employees (those that have stuck with company through good and bad times). Raising the entry level pay to industry averages could go a long way in reducing turnover. Continue providing positive services to the community.

4. "Moving in the Right Direction"

Current Employee - Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Homescript is an easy place to work. Coworkers are great, work isn't too hard. The company just put the Pharmacist in charge of customer service - its about time!! The changes the company is making in customer service is in the right direction.

Cons

New people aren't working at the same level as experienced employees.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what we're doing - reward hard workers and get rid of people not pulling their weight.

5. "Pharmacy Technician"

Pros

Great hours
    Fun staff
    Close to home

Cons

Management was poor
    Did not pay enough

"Too much work for too little pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most employees are in the late 20s or early 30s which is nice for socializing. Middle management is usually easy to deal with and on the side of the employees. The high deductible health care plan is decent.

Cons

Hours can vary depending on volume of workload. Everyone almost always works overtime, but only nonsalaried positions get compensated for it. Starting salary is between $20,000 and $22,000. Upper management is out of touch and hostile. The turnover rate is somewhere around 100% - 200%.

Advice to Management

Stop firing so many people. Also, give incentives to work harder rather than threats. And if it's not broken, don't fix it.

7. "Good company purpose but not great execution"

Pros

People under management level are great and fun to work with.

Cons

Can often be a revolving door of employees because it's very hard or even impossible to get a raise or move up. Upper management has no feel for how things are going.

Advice to Management

Be willing to reward employees and they might stick around longer. Find a way to be more involved in the company so you know how people feel about it.

8. "Former employee"

Pros

Good hours and co-workers, good location.

Cons

Management is not in tune with what the workers are doing.

"Let "professionals" run the company"

I worked at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The services that company provides are great and there are alot of talented people who want to do a good job but are stiffled by owner and his girlfriend who is the CFO

Cons

Poor pay, dont treat employees fairly, no trust or respect for employees or supervisors --and they don't let the qualified people that they hire run the company. They have unrealistic expectations and all of their interference prevents people from doing their job.

Advice to Management

Let the talented people you bring in manage and run the business. Owner needs to be uninvolved and CFO needs to leave before she drives every employee out.

"Hostile, Underpaying Work Environment"

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The service offered to patients is great and a benefit to the community, especially the financially disadvantaged and physically disabled (at least in theory, it is not executed very well).
    -When you're on the bottom rung and not privy to the activities of upper management, its actually a pretty good job. Everyone on the entry level in our team is actually quite friendly and helpful.
    -A nice change from the frantic day-to-day of retail pharmacy.

Cons

-Upper management is completely out of touch. All business decisions are made not based on talking to employees or studying their behaviors, but by looking at a number on a page. Numbers that have been proven as fundamentally flawed, but any evidence shown to prove the inaccuracies is brushed off as an "excuse" to not make them more money.

-Even the pharmacist gets pushed aside like his decades of experience aren't worth diddly.

-They don't trust their employees; multiple decisions have been made that don't increase productivity, they exist solely to watch us like vultures.

-While us entry-level employees aren't privy to all the financial details, there is evidence that they have lied about the growth of the business to avoid having to give people raises... raises which would bring them up to the Chicago average, instead of well below it where they are now.

-The department I work in has gone three months without a manager, because everyone in middle management gets lambasted for the most trivial things.

Advice to Management

A good leader should be able to sit down at an employee's desk, pick up a task, and understand what needs to be done and how to do it. The CEO, CFO, and owner all wouldn't have a single idea what to do if they sat down at our desks and were expected to do our jobs. How can you lead a team and tell them what to do, if you don't even know what it is they do? We get that you're a businessperson, no one expects you to know clinical work, but I could ask any practical question and get blank stares. The great majority of the problems that upper management has caused would be solved if they actually understood what it led to at the day-to-day production level.