HomeServe UK Reviews | Glassdoor

HomeServe UK CEO Martin Bennett
Martin Bennett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No cons I can think of something far (in 24 reviews)

• Some members of senior management need to be more open and show empathy for the impact some changes will have on peoples lives (in 15 reviews)

"getting better"

Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Walsall, PA
    Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Walsall, PA

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

role modelling of behaviors and values, investment in training, general levels of moral, share scheme

Cons

Walsall, variation in salaries, top heavy structure, decisions by committee

Advice to Management

Encourage openness and honesty, engagement surveys shouldn't be a competition

"Excellent company to work for"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time

Pros

customer focused & people focused

Cons

since being at Homeserve I have not experienced any cons

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working together and treating each other with respect across the whole company in whatever position you have. Working together to improve our Customers lives and ourselves daily.

Cons

Things move at a fast pace, must remember to keep on top of our charters.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting to enable the culture to grow.

"Cc"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent place to work very people focused

Cons

Shifts patterns need looking at in contact centre

"Nottingham Leading the Gas Way"

Current Employee - Customer Service Coach in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coach in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

HomeServe Gas is an amazing place to be. Our new state of the art building and continued growth is helping us lead the way in the Gas idsustry. With growth comes the endless opportunity’s for our people and HomeServe are devoted to developing us all. Our 2020 vision allows all members of our team to have a goal and I’m proud to be playing a part in reaching it.

Cons

HomeServe is worldwide and at the moment we do not have the opportunity to visit our overseas offices. Doing this will allow us, at all levels, to share best practice and really become world leaders in the Home Assistance industry.

Advice to Management

Alongside growth is constant change and at a fast pace. Communication is key to embedding changed and building engagement, we can not take the focus off this.

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Head of Operations & Strategy CS&S in Walsall, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Head of Operations & Strategy CS&S in Walsall, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the culture at HomeServe. Working for a Company that truly cares about it's people and it's Customers is something special. We have won a lot of industry awards this year and it is nice to see that our culture is allowing us to compete with the best.

Cons

Lighting in the car park could be a little better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing......We are well informed, engaged and motivated.....Thank you

"Great place to Work"

Current Employee - Operational Planning Manager in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Operational Planning Manager in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A company that puts its employees first who then do there best for our customers.Always looking at ways to improve.

Cons

Great leadership with a great office environment and train centre.
    Plenty of opportunity to progress.

Advice to Management

Keep driving our people and customer charter.

"Challenging but fun with can do attitude"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time

Pros

Senior management believes in being as transparent as possible with communication with and between all levels a massive part of the business.
    Lot of good people at all levels who work hard but know how to have fun.
    Staff benefits and family centred events make this a special place to work.
    Place continues to grow with lots of opportunities available to progress if you are willing to work hard for it.
    Business is really trying to focus on the Customer but not leaving the People behind.

Cons

Systems aren't the best. New tech is being introduced but feels like we try to rush it and don't get it right which then results in more delays. As a result can fee like an overall tech strategy isnt in place.
    Not really a con but some work still needed to embed the culture we want. It is changing but as with anything this major it will take time.

Advice to Management

Get the tech sorted - we need the right tools to keep improving.

"The HomeServe Family"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time

Pros

I often have said that it is only when times get tough that you truly understand the support you have around you. Well times recently got extremely tough for me to the point that I truly let myself down. Other organisations who do not have the caring Culture of HomeServe may have taken an extremely dim view of my situation but certain members of our Senior Leadership team including our CEO did the complete opposite. It was their support and desire to help me in my time of need that turned my situation round in both my work and home life. One particular message has stuck with me, which was when the CEO said “The more you need me the more I’ll give”.
    Am I surprised by this response, not at all. The Culture of this organisation is way above any I have worked in before. Two main Charters drive the company focus, our Customer Charter and our People Charter and unlike most organisations these are not just decorations on the walls but drive the way the organisation works. If you have the right ethics and morels there is no better organisation to work for.
    I don’t believe the people who helped me will ever fully understand the impression they have left and the difference they have made. This Company is a truly magnificent place to work hence the title “The HomeServe Family”.

Cons

I have no negatives to share

HomeServe UK Response

Dec 8, 2017 – Communications

This is so great to read, I’m really glad that you received the support you needed. Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

"Used to love my job."

Current Employee - Diary Planner, HPD in Banbury, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Diary Planner, HPD in Banbury, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The good thing about working in HPD is your colleagues, every day is a laugh.

Cons

Where to start. When i started at Homeserve for the first few months i loved it. You would go home at the end of each day knowing that you had made a difference, knowing that you helped people who needed it.

Now that feeling is gone.

Firstly the communications in Homeserve are terrible, you can ask 3 people the process for something and end up with 9 different processes. Changes to processes are not clearly communicated. Nor is the future of HPD. There has been a rumor that the office is closing and moving to another site, and the management has done little to nothing the address this. All we have had is some nonsense about why would we close when we have just painted at a cost of £3000. Homeserve made around £61 Million last year. So their idea of reassuring us is saying "we won't close, we spent 0.005% of our profit on you!" Similar to me going up to a homeless person, giving them 1p and telling them all their problems are sorted.

PRogression is almsot nonexistent, there is no where to move in this office, of the last 6 or so people made manager in the time i have been here, 2 of them there was no notice that the role had come available, you just came into the office and they were manager, no notice, no competition. just here they are, accept it.

And now they aren't even opening up new roles for application, they are selecting their pool based on whatever criteria they feel like.

Even if you do manage to move up a level there are no guarentees, i have seen someone in the office work hard, get promoted to a senior role only for one of the managers decide that it was too hard and them moving the agent back down after a few months. They then decided to put them on the same team so the agent had to work with with the person who effectively took his job.

The disconnect between field and office is insane, as agents we have to listen to enigneers complain about their wages whilst knowing that earn more then £10000 more then us, and that's without their bonuses factored in. Can't tell you how good that feels!

Information on First aiders in the office is severely out of date, out of the 10 or so people listed, 1 is on maternity, and 3 or 4 have left the business entirely.
    This has led to weekends where the are no first aides on duty.

As i said i used to love working here, now i have to look for reasons to stay.

Advice to Management

Not much point, anything that gets fed back is generally ignored, Will probably get a non response. But will try anyway.

1: Seriously pay us more. Other businesses in the area who do the same kind of role start off at £21000, we get £18500.

2: Stop messing around with what we are expected to do. Every 3 months our job role is shifted to incorporate more nonsense. Most of my day is spent sending updates about work rather the working (admittedly some hyperbole there)

3: Give us more control over the diaries we supposedly run. Since we are the ones who have to answer questions when things go worng give us the ultimate say on it. Not an ASM/FSS whose only care is figures and their engineers. Not CR/HCM whose only care is getting the customer off the phone as quickly as possible.

4: Offer realistic progression opportunities, and set up a clear progression path. At the moment i have no idea how to get to expert, and no one else does either.

5: Update the office equipment. We use computers from 2009. In the world of computing that is ancient technology.

6: Communicate better. Reassure us properly. Don't just fob us off with non answers. Clearly explain what the future looks like for us. Address the rumours. It's okay if you don't know. Ask and find out for us. Until you give us concrete answers the rumours will continue to spread. We are worried about our future. Find us an genuine real answer so we can stop worrying.

HomeServe UK Response

Dec 13, 2017 – Director of Operations Development

I am really sorry to hear that you are not enjoying working for HomeServe. And although I don’t agree with a lot of what you’ve said, these are your views and I absolutely respect that.

Obviously... More