HomeServe UK Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
HomeServe UK CEO Martin Bennett
Martin Bennett

Pros
  • A great place to work where they look after the people (in 40 reviews)

• Greg has put together a really good senior management team all but two worked with him at MBNA (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons I can think of something far (in 20 reviews)

• I believe senior management look after their departments so much so it effects relationships with other areas of the business (in 12 reviews)

"getting better"

Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Walsall, PA
    Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Walsall, PA

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

role modelling of behaviors and values, investment in training, general levels of moral, share scheme

Cons

Walsall, variation in salaries, top heavy structure, decisions by committee

Advice to Management

Encourage openness and honesty, engagement surveys shouldn't be a competition

"Fantastic"

Current Employee - Customer Service Coach in Walsall, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coach in Walsall, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Location for me is key
    Management always keep staff engaged and happy where then the customers are taken care of
    Training given for new processes so everyone gets the same message
    Management are approachable and friendly regardless of peer ranking one big family

Cons

When we come out of cable drive and there are another 50 people leaving at the same time in there cars it's a mare trying to get onto main road
    Traffic lights would be awesome this is the only con for me

Advice to Management

Continue to work hard where the company can be recognised for more awards

Apr 19, 2017 – Director of Customer Sales and Service

Thanks for the review. It’s great to read that you feel we’re doing a good job of engaging with our People, this is a key part of our strategy. Traffic... Yep!

"10 magnificent years"

Former Employee - Internal Communications in Walsall, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Internal Communications in Walsall, England (UK)

I worked at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I think there has been a really tangible shift in culture at HomeServe. The whole organisation just is different and definitely for the better.

Martin leads the ship with integrity and honour and has surrounded himself with an extremely diligent and human leadership team.

I think that so much attention is paid to the Frontline teams (the shop floor for those on the outside) tells you that they have their priorities right.

From a Customer perspective, the last 3 years has seen a step change in the service that is provided by People empowered to make a difference and armed with a suite of fairly priced and service rich products.

I honestly believe there isn't a better time to join such an exciting and dynamic family of people.

Cons

There are times when the organisation moves too quickly. Not that the challenge of a fast paced environment isn't exciting, but sometimes there isn't enough time to cath your breath. This leads to burn out and fraught tempers.

I think a lot of store is paid to the annual surveys and I have personally seen how much change has been implemented because of the feedback. But there are still those that are concerned about being totally honest because they are worried they will be 'outed' and removed, or because they think the aim is to get the best outcome, not the truthful outcome.

This means that the results are not as honest as they could be. I know that this was the case for some of the people I worked closely with which was a shame because when offered the opportunity to share my concerns off of the back of my survey results, they were met with grace and compassion and those conversations paved the way for me to make the decision to move on, which was very much encouraged,, and supported.

It wasn't necessary in my case because my function leader was in every step of my exit. But I know exit interviews don't always happen and I think that could provide valuable insight to help take some huge steps forward.

Advice to Management

The next few years are going to be so important. That strategy has so much resting on it and I know that everyone wants to succeed. Even I want you guys to smash it and I've moved on.

Please please consider what your people need from you to get there though. Benefits, environment engagement are all fantastic and you do it so well. But I think that your most loyal and dedicated teams are tired and need a little respite. The brave ones are telling you too, but sometimes you don't hear them because you're already asking them to chase the next task, which of course they will do obediently.

Pause and reflect..... then chase the next thing.

Thanks for an incredible ride!

Apr 12, 2017 – Brand Director

Thanks for your great review and of course for your ten years of commitment to HomeServe. Your feedback is really appreciated. I agree that our half-year and full-year surveys are very important ... More

"Keeping Customers at the Forefront"

Current Employee - Partnerships in Walsall, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Partnerships in Walsall, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture of keeping the Customer at the forefront of everything continues to strengthen, this is fully in the DNA of HomeServe. There are lots of examples including senior managers spending time in the call centre, with engineers or across the different sites, to the Customer First initiative which ensures everyone plays an active part in doing the right thing for Customers. The products continue to be improved, the latest being market leading improvements to boiler cover. A partnership with Aviva was recently launched to market Aviva branded home assistance products, more partnerships such as these will follow creating sustainable growth and a bright future.

Cons

Nothing is perfect, and it is widely recognised that the journey continues to ensure there is ongoing improvement for Customers and staff members alike. One definite negative is the traffic and the challenges of the M6 and particulalry junction 10.

Advice to Management

Keep going on the journey of making the service for Customers effortless, there are no shortcuts to success.

Apr 12, 2017 – Partnerships Director

Thanks for the review. This is great reading, and thanks for referencing our great Customer focus! I love spending time with Engineers and also listening to calls, this gives a good insight into the ... More

"Not the best experience"

I worked at HomeServe UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really look after their front line staff and try to make their working day good

Cons

Not sincere management, back stabbing colleagues, friends of management do well.
    If yr face doesn't fit theft will ignore you.

Advice to Management

Nothing as they believe they are the best so won't listen

Apr 19, 2017 – Communications

Thanks for posting a review and for the feedback on our commitment to put Frontline People first, our culture has been built around our People. I'm disappointed to read your comments about ... More

"Very people focused, customer focused, I love working here!"

Current Employee - Trainer
    Current Employee - Trainer

Pros

I've worked at HomeServe for 8 years, started in the call centre and now I am a Trainer in Learning and Development.
    I've seen this business transform itself massively over the last 3 years. It cares about the people but more importantly HomeServe cares about its customers.
    On a daily basis, we go above and beyond for our customers and I come into work feeling inspired by what we do on a daily basis.
    I feel proud working here.
    Programmes such as One for the Future (which I am currently apart of) are excellent for developing future leaders.
    Great company to work for and I look forward to more time here!

Cons

The only thing to mention is parking- the car park particulary in the west building can get very busy at times.
    There is a car share scheme in place which is great to try and reduce this.
    Otherwise- nothing else!

Advice to Management

Continue to do the right thing

Apr 3, 2017 – Director of Learning and Development

Thank you for posting a review, it sounds like you have a great story. We tailored culture at HomeServe around our People and Customers, perhaps most importantly we did it with them. We have also ... More

"Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England (UK)

I worked at HomeServe UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Homeserve in 2016 but left the company to take a job closer to home. that was the worst career decision I have ever taken. if I could turn the clock back and remain at Homeserve I would. for such a large company they managed to make the company feel like a Family. They genuinely cared for their customers and staff alike

Cons

The only thing is the location. its not near public transport and therefore you have to drive; which isn't helpful.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Mar 27, 2017 – Communications

That's a really great reference to what we've worked hard to try and achieve. I'm sure given time, you'll come to appreciate your new surroundings. Thanks for the review.

"Does what it says on the tin"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customers are the focus, this is real and evident in all areas of the business. HomeServe is a great company to work for if you are the kind of person who wants to work hard and be accountable. Its full on all day every day. Challenge is welcome across all levels. Honest conversations are always flowing!

Cons

Lots of change - which is in the main a good thing, however it can be unsettling if you don't know the details.

Advice to Management

Keeping the focus on colleague and customer alike works, don't lose that focus.

Apr 11, 2017 – Communications

Thanks for posting a review. "Challenge is welcome across all levels." That's a great point, we've worked hard to make sure all our People including the Frontline are empowered, we see some real ... More

"Customer Relations"

I have been working at HomeServe UK (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive salary, friendly environment, opportunities to progress

Cons

Can be stressful meeting targets

Advice to Management

Give more work based training

Mar 20, 2017 – Communications

Thanks for posting, I agree with your comment on progression, I love reading the 'Promoted People' emails. Having worked closely with the Learning and Development Team, I do know there are ... More

"Making it Happen - customer & employees"

Current Employee - Programmer Director in Walsall, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Programmer Director in Walsall, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The appetite, pace of change and support provided to all employees is exceptional. We continue to try to be different and 'challenge the norm' and I believe we are succeeding. So much positive change to both customers and employees over the last 3-4 years. Huge opportunities and we are only at the tip of the iceberg. Great place to work.

Cons

None - if you like change and want to make a difference then this is the place to be.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus and support, and ensure the great engagement drive continues.

Mar 20, 2017 – Communications

Thanks for posting a review and what great comments! I think it's a great place to work too!