HomeServe USA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
HomeServe USA CEO Thomas J. Rusin
Thomas J. Rusin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Decent Pay And Benefits With Commission Opportunities" (in 9 reviews)

• "Room for advancement in a fast-growing company" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Internal communication from upper management to the agents could be better" (in 9 reviews)

• "This causes long work hours, lack of work life balance, and stress across all departments" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Love it"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its Wonderful I love it here

Cons

are you serious? there are none

Advice to Management

They are great

Jul 17, 2018 – Director, People Communications & Engagement

We're glad to know how much you like working here, and will keep doing our best to live up to your expectations. If you ever think we're falling short, you can always reach out to any of the... More

2. "Lazy reps lack of help"

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Used to value their agents

Cons

Shows favoritism, gives props to people who don’t deserve it!

Advice to Management

This would be an awesome company to work with if they didn’t have agents who abuse policies! Some of these agents screen calls, are always up walking around being nosey and starting drama! Not everyone on the team is the problem just 2 individuals in particular! They ignore calls when they come to their lines and it’s like pulling teeth to get them to actually take an escalation! I’m new and already notice what others have been saying about them! It’s even worse because their supervisor just takes up for them putting herself at risk for them! They walk away from their desk with an open phone line that then just rings and goes to voicemail! They’ve been getting away with murder and something should be done! For all the customers that they leave high and dry because they are lazy! They need to be brought to reality! I know some great agents that would be great at replacing them! There are people that can do their job in their sleep! How many more good agents do you have to lose before you realize that they feel unappreciated! There was only one person that did her job to perfection and she’s gone because she was unappreciated! This company gives presidents award nominations to the wrong people! You guys grow the wrong people! Wake up and smell the coffee!

"We Need a Leadership Change in Chattanooga"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- For the Chattanooga area, HomeServe typically pays above market value, but that's not saying much.
    - Many superficial activities and awards for those who are easily swayed.
    - The new building is awesome for what it is.

Cons

I have worked at HomeServe for a number of years and I'm usually very vocal. What I have witnessed over the past few months has really made me question the integrity of this leadership team. A lot of good, smart people have been let go due to politics and pettiness. When I was promoted into my current role, I realized that there is a bit of undercover misogyny and bias in leadership based on the way certain individuals were treated. I'm always amused at the people who post how wonderful this place is. This environment is toxic. It's impossible for a woman or person of color to ascend into upper management. They hired a black manager, but current leadership undermined him every step of the way and kicked him to the curb. The way they treated Ms. Deb was deplorable and to pretend that she was simply resigning shows the lack of respect that this company has for us. A good friend of mine was shown the door simply due to poor coaching, but a supervisor accused of theft was allowed to keep their job. The favoritism in this place is nauseating.

For whatever reason, this company truly believes they can pacify us with a few trinkets, awards, and a ridiculously expensive Christmas party while also telling us that they have no money for raises. Why are we bothering with surveys if nothing is going to change?! The local HR team has proven to be utterly useless and the senior management cares more about style points than substance. That's OK because the public will learn more and more in the coming months, especially since this company has failed to hire the additional agents promised as part of their tax break agreement.

Advice to Management

Don't treat long-time employees like Ms. Deb like dirt. She deserved so much better, but this "leadership" team has no respect for anyone who doesn't sit in an office. They don't even respect managers, putting them out on the noisy floor with everyone else. Hire women and people of color for positions higher than team lead and supervisor before the EEOC starts asking questions. Don't hire yes-men to director and senior director roles. I want the old HomeServe back where people actually cared about one another.

HR - Please don't reply with a generic statement welcoming us to contact the SVP to discuss. We all know it's window dressing and if you they ever find out who's complaining, they'll probably be fired too. I'm taking a risk writing this review, but I know that my job isn't safe just like we've seen with Ms. Deb. It's getting worse here with no end in sight.

Jul 20, 2018 – Director, People Communications & Engagement

Thank you for your honesty. We do value feedback. It’s disappointing to know that we're falling short of your expectations. We’re fully committed to fostering a work environment that brings out the... More

4. "Not happy"

Former Employee - RMA Coordinator in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - RMA Coordinator in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at HomeServe USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a very easy job. Trainers were great and pay was good.

Cons

Management will tell you one thing and do another, like fire people randomly with no warning that was not warranted. Also some of the team leaders had a really bad attitude when asking questions.

Advice to Management

Get everyone on the same page.

5. "Awesome place to work."

Pros

This company puts associates and customers at their heart. We are doing great things here and growing as a result. Unlike with other jobs you always feel that you are contributing to something positive at the end of the day.

Cons

We are a growing company and experiencing the usual growing pains. I believe we will work them out but things can get a bit crazy in the interim.

May 24, 2018 – Director, People Communications & Engagement

The people inside HomeServe's proverbial four walls are what help us work toward our mission, vision and values every day. We're glad to have you on our team to help us with that. And we're... More

6. "Proud to be a HomeServe family member"

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

HomeServe USA has been taking great strides to become the "Best Place to Work" and I feel they are doing a fantastic job. They have built a new site with a modern theme which is very motivating for all employees. Along with this cool place to work, we also have a new workout center, gaming room, and a TV area to relax. I recently suggested someone for employment who was hired and everyday he comes to work thinking this is an incredible place and loves the energy. I also appreciate that everyone’s door is open including the CEO, how many companies can say that. During this past week we have had a lot of excitement for the new site which included a ribbon cutting ceremony, president’s awards for employees recognized for their hard work, and other events and it made me very proud to have been a part of it. So keep it up HomeServe!

Cons

With any company there are pros and cons, what I will say is when someone has informed HomeServe of an issue, they do try to resolve it and work to make things better.

May 24, 2018 – Director, People Communications & Engagement

We're extremely proud to have been able to build the new Customer Center of Excellence for our employees in Chattanooga. We continue to be excited about all of the amenities it offers, and we know... More

7. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Repair
    Current Employee - Repair

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They always find a way to make it fun. I have never been able to say i love my job and mean it. I love this place

Cons

There are a few communication skills i believe could be worked on by management teams.

May 24, 2018 – Director, People Communications & Engagement

Glad to know how much you love working at HomeServe. You're in good company, because oodles of other people love working here too! Communication up, down and across the organization - any... More

8. "Great Opportunities"

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started out in the company through a temp service and enjoy the opportunities Homeserve has provided me. I never would've thought I would be in the position and places I'am today. When you voice you career path and goals they not only listen but they also value your journey by helping you to get to where you want to be. THIS ISN'T A JOB FOR ME....... IT'S A CAREER OF A LIFETIME!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

Leadership needs more enthusiasm. Agents needs that positive and motivated drive from the leaders because we lead by example. Not saying all don't do it but I do wish all was extremely more positive. I also wish there was a program or training in place for our leadership to develop more efficiently. A lot of times the leadership have to learn on the fly and it can be a very difficult process.

Advice to Management

Always believe in your staff. Even when they are down and don't believe in themselves. A lot of time greatness is deep within a person and they need that extra push to get it out.

9. "HomeServe and Proud!"

Current Employee - Training Supervisor in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Training Supervisor in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

HomeServe is an extremely diverse company that puts people at the core of our business model. Customers both, internal and external, benefit from management who listen, care, and therefore constantly improve products and processes to make us better.
    From the minute you enter our doors or call in to one of our amazing agents, it is immediately evident that HomeServe is different; a positive environment with tons of room to advance and with a passion for its people.
    Base pay is competitive with tremendous bonus potential in any role, benefits are phenomenal, and work environment is beautiful, positive, and motivating. Leadership is supportive in developing skills for advancement (in which opportunities are endless!) and compassionate/understanding. Support and development are available for those who seek to pursue it, as well as, for those who don’t.
    I am thankful for the opportunities HomeServe has offered and continues to offer me. I love working here and hope you’ll love our family, too.

Cons

I wouldn’t call it a “con”, but business is “con”stantly improving - growing and changing for the better. HomeServe “con”sistently seeks ways to make our jobs, systems, and products better.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people. You do it well and I love that you continually seek to do it better. Please keep putting us, your customers, first.

10. "Working for a Company that I love and believe in for 7+ yrs!"

Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At HomeServe you have great benefits compared to what other local companies offer. You earn paid time off immediately without having to wait 90 days to a year to earn it. We work in a nice, brand new, clean facility where our opinions mattered and were considered when they were in the design phase. What company allows the employees to vote on colors or styles?? Offer a fitness room with showers and locker rooms only steps away so you can go back to work,leave for the day, etc. feeling refreshed. What company gives you gaming systems such as PS4 or Xbox or Pac-Man or Foosball to make sure you have a way to release stress and tension or to just have fun by yourself or with fellow coworkers during breaks? Well HomeServe does all that and more! The leaders are passionate about our culture and they really do care! They want employees engaged and having fun so work doesn’t feel like work but another place you can enjoy yourself. They do a lot to make sure everyone has fun! A lot of other companies, little and big, don’t care about your input or if you enjoy coming to work. That’s what makes HomeServe standout from other companies. They also ask and want your feedback and it truly is anonymous. Why do they have so many happiness surveys if they don’t really care??? Those take a lot of time to put together and time to go through and you know what, changes have been made because of them! We didn’t always get to wear jeans and dress casual everyday. We didn’t always have point forgiveness where points for being late / absent could fall off before 12 months. We do have leaders that walk the floor and who work to build great relationships with people at all levels. Leaders who want to inspire you and challenge you. I know when I am told something by the senior leaders that it is true! They haven’t lied to me or let me down yet and I’ve been here since the doors of the new center opened! We see a lot of changes and out of change comes great things!!! HomeServe puts the employees & customers at the heart of what they do each day! HomeServe gives employees the ability to volunteer with pay up to 8 hrs a month for the charity of your personal choice or you can choose to volunteer as a group! We participate in many different charities and often donate just our time to lend a “Helping Hand”. If you’ve worked at other companies before HomeServe, you know we stand out from other companies because of our benefits, culture, leadership, etc. We are where people want to work and be apart of our family! I can’t say enough good things about HomeServe! I am HomeServe and Proud!!!

Cons

I can’t really say there are any cons after really looking at all the pros!!! I’d remove the bonus and go to a flat rate pay based on performance system

Advice to Management

Y’all are doing a great job and we appreciate you investing in us!!