HomeServe USA Reviews

3.8
HomeServe USA CEO Thomas J. Rusin
Thomas J. Rusin
Pros
Cons
  • "There is a minimal lack of communication from upper management down to the rest of the floor(in 11 reviews)

• "It is often too cold in the Call Center(in 8 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture in the company is incredible. They truly value employees.

Cons

I have no cons - only Pros!

HomeServe USA2020-04-16

April 20, 2020Director, People Communications & Engagement

Thanks for being part of HomeServe. We appreciate all that you bring to the company and our customers. #WeAreHomeServe

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast growing company, fun, laid back environment. Company truly values their customers and their employees.

Cons

Growing pains; outdated technology and business processes.

HomeServe USA2020-04-23
  3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time

Pros

Really great culture, benefits and they care about customers.

Cons

Systems need to be updated and cross-department communication is not always optimal.

HomeServe USA2020-03-14

April 20, 2020Director, People Communications & Engagement

We're glad you're part of HomeServe and helping us do what we do best: putting the customer at the heart of everything we do. Employees like you throughout our U.S. business are what help to make our culture second to none. Over the past year, we've made focused effort on improving and enhancing our communications efforts for everyone. We're always open to new ideas, so be sure to share any ideas you have with your VOTE representative, the red feedback mailbox in your office, HR or Communications. #WeAreHomeServe

4. "I'm in my first year at HomeServe and loving it."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is fun and you can tell that they really care about people. I've worked at places where they just say it but this is real. The company is growing so there is lots of opportunity if you're driven.

Cons

The company is growing fast so things can feel a little hectic because so much is changing.

HomeServe USA2020-02-14
  5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture! This company does a lot to give back to the employees. Lots of fun activities, along with summer hours and early dismissals. Its busy but its fun. Fast growing company. Great people at the Canonsburg PA office.

Cons

Small yearly increases. Could be more promotion opportunities.

HomeServe USA2020-01-17
  6. "Solid company"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time

Pros

Overall good company culture and people. Fairly entrepreneurial atmosphere where you can take on various initiatives if you want.

Cons

Management can be hypocritical at times and very political. Not many people want to make decisions as it can be very “cover your a$”.

HomeServe USA2019-12-25

January 2, 2020Director, People Communications & Engagement

We're incredibly proud of the people working at HomeServe and the culture they've helped us build. And we're glad you're among them. As a growing company we all have to be reasonably nimble, so people with the entrepreneurial spirits you mentioned are a solid fit. We encourage all of our employees to speak up when they experience issues they perceive to be political or out of character in our workplace. You can speak confidentially with your manager, any member of your local Voice of the Employee Committee or HR as a starting point. Clear, open communication is a hallmark at HomeServe, and we're committed to ensuring we continue fostering that notion.

7. "Good company"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at HomeServe USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay. Good people. Beautiful work site

Cons

No flexibility for hours in our department

HomeServe USA2019-12-20

January 3, 2020Director, People Communications & Engagement

Hi! Thanks for your kind words about HomeServe, the people who work here and our Chattanooga workplace. While it looks like you're no longer with the company, we certainly appreciate your contributions during your time with us. As a growing company, we're looking to increase our staff numbers in many areas of the business. This includes our Operations Center in Chattanooga, where positions are available for both Call Center Agent and non-Agent roles.

"Work Hard, Get Overlooked"

2.0
    Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees make coming to work enjoyable. The agents are like family. They love, encourage, and motivate each other. The comradery displayed amongst the agents is like no other. The layout of the building is comforting and accommodates the long hours we spend there. As you enter the building each day you will feel proud.

Cons

This company promotes being culturally diverse but it’s only at entry level. They railroad minorities, making it difficult to promote beyond an hourly position. You can work really hard and get overlooked. They do not recognize hard work only those of their favorites or people of their social circles. Speaking your opinion, no matter how professional you do it, will lead to retaliation. They will make you think there is an open door policy but once you vocalize something not agreed upon by senior leadership, you can forget any promotions regardless of how qualified and deserving you are.

HomeServe USA2019-11-01
  9. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They Treat Their employees Well

Cons

One of the best companies I have worked for

HomeServe USA2019-10-08

"Fair stepping stone"

2.0
    Current Employee - Complaints in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fair benefits for individual plan. Multiple shift options. Ability to transfer to different departments to gain additional skill sets. Internal promotions focused. Monthly* bonus potential for some departments

Cons

Pay is not competitive. More problems than solutions. Most departments are understaffed with “no budget” to add resources needed. CEO confirmed he is unaware of seating limitations in call center... unsure how. If you’re interested in working for HomeServe I encourage you to read the BBB complaints as those are the frequent calls you’ll be handling. Some examples- why is the mailer in my toddlers name? Why is the mailer in someone’s name from 8 years ago? If I’ve already enrolled, why are you sending me this again? How have you lost my check? Billing issue billing issue. Customers who pay via their utility provider never get enrolled or if they do, never get cancelled. We increase most prices each year. Almost every call is regarding a letter that we’ve mailed them apologizing for some error we’ve made. I’ve never worked for a company that allows so many issues to just... happen. With no prevention plan. We have customers who cannot enroll, who are double billed, who are cancelled in our system but still being billed on their utility and we’re required to offer additional products. HomeServe has become a revolving door for employment “we cannot keep employees” per leadership. This can be good for people who need a job short term. Due to the magnitude of issues, lesser pay and overall difficulties we face, not much of a career desire.

HomeServe USA2019-10-17

October 18, 2019Director, People Communications & Engagement

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review. From your pros, cons and advice to our leadership, you've clearly given this a bit of thought. We're the first to admit that growth is never easy. From acquiring companies to bringing on new customers, we're in a significant period of growth. And honestly, that excites us - A LOT! And with that growth is coming quite a bit of internal change. Evolving existing technologies, introducing new systems and processes, changing people and positions - it all comes with the territory. Some people aren't comfortable with that, but most are. The pros you mention are just some of the things we're proud of. From offering a competitive benefits plan to growing people internally to keeping everyone informed and engaged, we're continuing to build a workplace that has something for everyone. We hope you appreciate those as much as your colleagues here do. And all of the other things you didn't mention. You highlighted a number of areas where we're falling short in your eyes. Some are fair, some aren't. We've never been the type of company to ignore problems, pass blame or be opaque in the way we address and communicate them. We don't get things right 100% of the time, but we keep trying. We remain committed to fixing what is broken and making improvements where we can, when we can - for our customers and everyone working at HomeServe. Thanks again for your feedback. As always, all of our leaders in Chattanooga and beyond promote an open door policy, so you can stop by to share any concerns, comments and suggestions about the company. You’re encouraged to use that and the many other avenues we offer for feedback.

Found 184 reviews