HomeServe USA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
HomeServe USA CEO Thomas J. Rusin
Thomas J. Rusin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • HomeServe offers great pay and benefits, a very fun environment, and a good work/home time balance (in 9 reviews)

• Growing company with lots of potential (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Leadership, Work Life Balance, expectations, Distractions, No clear strategy (in 5 reviews)

• Work strategies development but Upper management a bit vague (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Service, Fun and Exciting Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Business Operations in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Business Operations in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work. Not just because we provide an excellent service to our customers but because you can see the benefits of the services we provide. I continue to promote the company with friends, family and anyone else I come in contact with who has a home emergency.

This is the first organization that I have worked in that truly cares about our customers and we live and breath by doing the right thing. You can truly learn something every day. Over the last two years, we have brought in a number of individuals who are helping to drive the business forward.

Lastly, there is so much more we can do and this is evident in our all hands meetings.

Cons

At times we try to tackle too much but over the last few years, we have set up a vision as well as put the right people in the right roles to help prioritize and drive these efforts.

Advice to Management

Keep driving efficiencies, listening to the employees and the business will continue to succeed. Overall, amazing organization!

HomeServe USA Response

Jul 7, 2017 – SVP

Really great feedback and thanks for being a brand advocate! Yes, we do try to put the customer at the heart of our organization and work at continuous improvement - not just for customers but in... More

"Job is great! Opportunities to advance are limited"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture could use some work but it's obvious they care about making their employees feel at home. The pay is decent. The customer experience metric is dated and feels like they use that platform to balance costs.

Cons

Politics always exist. Their are far worse places to be employed at. But ultimately you don't have feel at risk for losing your job.

Advice to Management

If customer experience scans impact bonus potential then leave it to the actual voice of the customer. At the moment a customer could be happy as could be and we still suffer from a dated checklist. A happier frontline translates to loyalty and a greater sense of complacency which in turn will drive profits and customer satisfaction.

3. "Growing and building for the future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is truly a customer first organization and management continues to invest in operations and new technologies to ensure a high quality experience is delivered. Also it is a growth business and that means work is challenging, in a good way, with opportunities to move within and/or into other departments. You'll learn a lot here. Culture wise there is a strong emphasis on staff engagement (work hard, but have some fun too). Impressive community and charity outreach participation. Great benefits package.

Cons

Still working on upgrades and replacement to some legacy systems that can slow work down. Learning and training is in place to help staff grow into new roles but it needs to be bigger priority.

Advice to Management

Make sure there is capacity to handle new priorities, especially if current ones still need to be completed. Improve on ways of communicating business progress, staff contributions and challenges throughout the year.

"Great Experience with a New Company"

Current Employee - Director in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview process showed how thoughtful this company is when it comes to bringing the right people into this company. I had great conversations with people at multiple levels in the company prior to joining.

The company has a great growth trajectory and is committed to keeping its employees informed and engaged about the role they play in the company's future success.

As with any company, when you're new there's a lot to learn, and everyone here has been great at helping me acclimate to my new home.

The company seems genuinely committed to maintaining and growing its base in Canonsburg, PA (just outside Pittsburgh) as well as its bases in Chattanooga, TN and Norwalk, CT. The commitment to Canonsburg has been a huge plus for the legacy staff here, and provides the company with a great talent pool to draw from in the Greater Pittsburgh area.

Cons

A more modern office environment in Canonsburg would go a long way to complement the offices in Norwalk and Chattanooga.

Advice to Management

Maintain your commitment to keeping employees informed about the company and seeking out their opinion frequently. Employees are commonly referred to as every company's "most important assets." HomeServe USA has made no secret that this is true here, so keep up the great work!

5. "A fantastic place to work that presents lots of growth opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The leadership team has worked hard on developing the positive culture of the company. People are expected to give feedback and share their opinions. Employee engagement is an important focus. The company is growing which presents many opportunities to learn and advance your career. This company cares about its customers ! A customer promise guides our interactions and declares how customers can expect to be treated by HomeServe.

Cons

HomeServe isn't perfect ... but they are trying to improve on those areas that are less than great. And it is far better than 99% of the other employers you can be working for. This is a busy place, it's not for everyone. So make sure it's a good fit if you're thinking about joining.

Advice to Management

Continue with strong communication plans and prioritize what we're working on. Continue to empower all levels of the organization.

6. "Wonderful place"

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

tons of employee engagement events. Excellent work/life balance. Access to top execs. your opinions are heard!

Cons

the departments are like families, so there can be cliques.

Advice to Management

keep it up!

7. "Product management."

Current Employee - Product Management in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Product Management in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Feels good when you see one of the products really help a customer. Whether it's fixing a leak in the water line or fixing a furnace when someone has no heat. Customers know our HVAC techs and happy to see them for an annual tuneup.

Cons

So many "happy hours" so little time. The company celebrates successes frequently and its tough to attend all the activities you get invite too. It's a good problem to have I guess.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going!

8. "Best job I have ever had!"

Current Employee - Cost Authorizatio Specialist in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Cost Authorizatio Specialist in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company isn't just here for the customers, it is always doing things to make the employees happy also!

Cons

Cons- There are no cons at this company that you wouldn't find at any other company.

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing those who deserve it and don't play favorites with those who don't!

9. "Great, and getting better"

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good business model - offering our customers a real service and taking care of them well differentiates us from the competition.

Growing company, with some of the excitement of a startup

Pleasant workplace

Vision and plans well communicated

Senior Management is approachable and genuinely cares about the culture

Cons

As with every company I've ever worked for, there is some gap between the outwardly facing culture and reality. Performance doesn't always equate to job security.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

10. "Excellent culture!"

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is dedicated to the customer and employee. The culture is innovative and exciting and everyone is working hard to provide best in class service. There is a strong focus on employee engagement and team building which makes it a fun and positive environment. With all of the growth, it is an exciting time to be here!

Cons

Some growing pains but nothing out of the ordinary.

Advice to Management

Culture starts at the top. Thank you for being approachable, open minded and creating a fun work environment!