HomeServe USA Reviews
68% would recommend to a friend
(279 total reviews)
Thomas J. Rusin
76% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "workers are great people" (in 31 reviews)
- "Benefits can be great at company" (in 28 reviews)
- "Everyone tries to make it a fun place to be... Pay is great.. bonuses are what most people work hard for..." (in 23 reviews)
- "Culture is great because of talent acquisition acquiring top talent." (in 14 reviews)
- "Good work life balance" (in 8 reviews)
- "Shows favoritism" (in 13 reviews)
- "Management is awful and rude" (in 12 reviews)
- "A good friend of mine was shown the door simply due to poor coaching, but a supervisor accused of theft was allowed to keep their job." (in 8 reviews)
- "Lots of upper management engage in conversations that are purely meant for after hours (or not at all) and not in the workplace environment." (in 7 reviews)
- "Managers block employee growth" (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of HomeServe USA and is not affected by filters.
Found 279 of over 290 reviews
Updated Nov 8, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJun 7, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
A great group of people to work with. People are genuinely committed to the company and doing good work. When you need help, you can ask and people pitch in. Benefits are good.
The company is growing so its fast paced and a lot of change. I like this but I know it's not for everyone.
- 5.0Sep 25, 2023Talent Acquisition ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsCanonsburg, PA
Great team and awesome people within the entire department and organization. My specific group is collaborative and supportive. The company is open to remote work and invites different ideas and diversity. I can be myself at work and this is a company that really values their employees and works tirelessly to make it as fun as possible.
Still a growing company so there could be more systems in place to make things run smoother and we could be more efficient. Too many manual files for instance.2
- 5.0Nov 8, 2023Office ClerkCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearReading, PA
UGI is Very family like atmosphere. Teamwork is an understatement. Very welcoming. Pay is great. Flexable schedule... I'd say this is my favorite place I've ever worked. BEST job I've ever had,
HomeServe itself seems like they are more about money then people... UGI is this good because of the people, not the HomeServe company.
- 1.0Nov 5, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearChattanooga, TN
Health Care Training Co-workers Work from home option....eventually
Leadership Actions don't match what they say Mandatory overtime Inflexible
- 4.0Nov 6, 2023Applications Support EngineerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsChattanooga, TN
The atmosphere and people were great and was hard to leave
Hard to advance to the next level.
- 5.0Oct 15, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer EmployeeChattanooga, TN
Work Culture is Awesome. Lots of Growth Opportunities. Great Benefits.
Nothing Negative to Share RegardingHomeServe USA Response5w
Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts about your time at HomeServe. We're thrilled to hear that you found our workplace culture to be awesome, and we hope you enjoyed your time working alongside us.
- 4.0Oct 11, 2023Customer Service Representative (CSR)Current Employee, less than 1 yearChattanooga, TN
great job to be at !
no cons for this jobHomeServe USA Response5w
Glad to know you're happy in your role at HomeServe. Thanks for telling everyone on Glassdoor about your experience with us so far.
- 4.0Jul 4, 2023Customer Serive RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearChattanooga, TN
Amazing pay, great benefits, a company that will appreciate you doing a thankless job. Some days you're just chilling for an hour and a half at home waiting for a call to come in, so boot up that ps4.
Some days you have back to back angry calls for HOURS. Some people signed up for the service 10 years ago and don't remember, and don't check their statements to see that it's been charging for 10 years. Some people who desperately need to utilize the home gap coverage aren't eligible and it's heart breaking. Very VERY mentally strenuous Some days.HomeServe USA Response5mo
Thanks for stopping by to leave us your 4-star review, and for giving us a shout out on the strong pay and benefits package we offer at HomeServe. The nature of our business – especially your role as a Customer Service Representative – means helping people when they need us most, and oftentimes, that’s when they’re having an emergency in their home. If there’s one thing we all know, home emergencies are anything but predictable, which means call volumes can, and do, fluctuate. We also know that our customers are tremendously thankful for the service you, your coworkers and our contractors provide – and so are we! If you’re ever feeling stressed because of work and it’s impacting your life, know that we have a variety of resources available to you. Just check in with the People Team. Now, about that PS4. We’d encourage you to check in with your Team Lead, Supervisor or department Director when you have downtime to fill. There’s plenty to be done, including opportunities to cross-train in other departments, which can only enhance your skillset. Thanks for being part of the team.
- 1.0Aug 16, 2023MarketingCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsNorwalk, CT
None that are worth the pay
It’s impossible to trust anyone who allows their employees to constantly feel this way. Our entire department does the job of 2-4 employees yet we’re compensated below the median of our range. If we do the job of multiple employees pay us a deserving salary. This company isn’t worth the stress and the pay. We’ll continue to see good people leave3HomeServe USA Response4mo
To be honest, this isn’t the type of feedback we like to see. And that’s for a number of reasons. The reason that’s paramount to all others is you’re feeling overworked, overwhelmed and underappreciated. That all runs counter to who we aim to be as a company. If you haven’t talked to people on your team about these issues, we certainly encourage you to do that. If that person isn’t responsive, please consider raising your concerns to others who may be at higher levels in the department. It’s no secret that we’re in a period of growth and change, which comes with a myriad of things. None of those things should have this severe an impact on your engagement and job satisfaction. You’re on a great team; it’s the best in our industry. We can attribute that to you and the people on the team. We’re thankful to have all of you on board.
HomeServe USA Reviews FAQs
HomeServe USA has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 290 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at HomeServe USA to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
68% of HomeServe USA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated HomeServe USA 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.