HomeServe USA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
HomeServe USA CEO Thomas J. Rusin
Thomas J. Rusin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Decent Pay And Benefits With Commission Opportunities (in 9 reviews)

• Room for advancement in a fast-growing company (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work strategies development but Upper management a bit vague (in 9 reviews)

• Leadership, Work Life Balance, expectations, Distractions, No clear strategy (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Service, Fun and Exciting Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Business Operations in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Business Operations in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work. Not just because we provide an excellent service to our customers but because you can see the benefits of the services we provide. I continue to promote the company with friends, family and anyone else I come in contact with who has a home emergency.

This is the first organization that I have worked in that truly cares about our customers and we live and breath by doing the right thing. You can truly learn something every day. Over the last two years, we have brought in a number of individuals who are helping to drive the business forward.

Lastly, there is so much more we can do and this is evident in our all hands meetings.

Cons

At times we try to tackle too much but over the last few years, we have set up a vision as well as put the right people in the right roles to help prioritize and drive these efforts.

Advice to Management

Keep driving efficiencies, listening to the employees and the business will continue to succeed. Overall, amazing organization!

Jul 7, 2017 – SVP

Really great feedback and thanks for being a brand advocate! Yes, we do try to put the customer at the heart of our organization and work at continuous improvement - not just for customers but in... More

2. "Working for a Company that I love and believe in for 7+ yrs!"

Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At HomeServe you have great benefits compared to what other local companies offer. You earn paid time off immediately without having to wait 90 days to a year to earn it. We work in a nice, brand new, clean facility where our opinions mattered and were considered when they were in the design phase. What company allows the employees to vote on colors or styles?? Offer a fitness room with showers and locker rooms only steps away so you can go back to work,leave for the day, etc. feeling refreshed. What company gives you gaming systems such as PS4 or Xbox or Pac-Man or Foosball to make sure you have a way to release stress and tension or to just have fun by yourself or with fellow coworkers during breaks? Well HomeServe does all that and more! The leaders are passionate about our culture and they really do care! They want employees engaged and having fun so work doesn’t feel like work but another place you can enjoy yourself. They do a lot to make sure everyone has fun! A lot of other companies, little and big, don’t care about your input or if you enjoy coming to work. That’s what makes HomeServe standout from other companies. They also ask and want your feedback and it truly is anonymous. Why do they have so many happiness surveys if they don’t really care??? Those take a lot of time to put together and time to go through and you know what, changes have been made because of them! We didn’t always get to wear jeans and dress casual everyday. We didn’t always have point forgiveness where points for being late / absent could fall off before 12 months. We do have leaders that walk the floor and who work to build great relationships with people at all levels. Leaders who want to inspire you and challenge you. I know when I am told something by the senior leaders that it is true! They haven’t lied to me or let me down yet and I’ve been here since the doors of the new center opened! We see a lot of changes and out of change comes great things!!! HomeServe puts the employees & customers at the heart of what they do each day! HomeServe gives employees the ability to volunteer with pay up to 8 hrs a month for the charity of your personal choice or you can choose to volunteer as a group! We participate in many different charities and often donate just our time to lend a “Helping Hand”. If you’ve worked at other companies before HomeServe, you know we stand out from other companies because of our benefits, culture, leadership, etc. We are where people want to work and be apart of our family! I can’t say enough good things about HomeServe! I am HomeServe and Proud!!!

Cons

I can’t really say there are any cons after really looking at all the pros!!! I’d remove the bonus and go to a flat rate pay based on performance system

Advice to Management

Y’all are doing a great job and we appreciate you investing in us!!

3. "HomeServe and Proud!"

Current Employee - Training Supervisor in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Training Supervisor in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

HomeServe is an extremely diverse company that puts people at the core of our business model. Customers both, internal and external, benefit from management who listen, care, and therefore constantly improve products and processes to make us better.
    From the minute you enter our doors or call in to one of our amazing agents, it is immediately evident that HomeServe is different; a positive environment with tons of room to advance and with a passion for its people.
    Base pay is competitive with tremendous bonus potential in any role, benefits are phenomenal, and work environment is beautiful, positive, and motivating. Leadership is supportive in developing skills for advancement (in which opportunities are endless!) and compassionate/understanding. Support and development are available for those who seek to pursue it, as well as, for those who don’t.
    I am thankful for the opportunities HomeServe has offered and continues to offer me. I love working here and hope you’ll love our family, too.

Cons

I wouldn’t call it a “con”, but business is “con”stantly improving - growing and changing for the better. HomeServe “con”sistently seeks ways to make our jobs, systems, and products better.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people. You do it well and I love that you continually seek to do it better. Please keep putting us, your customers, first.

4. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are truly at the heart of the company - both employees and customers. It's a fun company to work for and hard work gets recognized. There is a generous benefit package and numerous opportunities to get involved both socially and for charities that are selected by employees.

Cons

Remote employees miss out on the chair massages.

Apr 6, 2018 – Director, People Communications & Engagement

We couldn't do what we do for our customers without our greatest asset - our People. And we're glad to count you as one of them.

About those monthly chair massages - we'll have to come up with a... More

"The best place to work in the USA"

Current Employee - WOW Customer Consultant in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - WOW Customer Consultant in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There alot of pros to working at Homeserve. The friendly and easy going and family like environment, you feel appreciated by your coworkers and bosses, you're constantly being recognized for your achievements and are given the tools to better yourself. I would say the biggest pro would have to be that my voice is always heard. If there's something that I am having an issue with, I can bring it to my manager, Jimmy and he will get it resolved asap. Everyone within the company is loving, kind and generous. Best job I have ever had!

Cons

With every company there are some cons. The difference about Homeserve though, is if you bring your issues or concern to someone's attention, they will do thier best to resolve the issues in a timely manner.

Mar 27, 2018 – Director, People Communications & Engagement

We're glad you get us. More importantly, we're glad you're with us! We've said it before and we'll say it again - People are at the heart of everything we do, and that includes the ones who work with... More

6. "There’s no place like Home(Serve)"

Current Employee - Inbound WOW in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Inbound WOW in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing, fast pace with the best dynamic team! I have been with HomeServe for going on 3 years. I started in hopes of making a career not just having a job. It's not often you hear about how much you are valued, unless you work at HomeServe because it's not just heard it's also imbedded in the culture and is genuine. The sales supervisors are truly fantastic, and really motivate you to succeed. They all work well together and are available to help answer questions all the time. I am so thankful they have taken the time to coach my performance and now I am making great monthly bonuses and great hourly pay, unlike some of the other call ceters close by.

The sales manager always takes time to talk with reps daily , he sincerely cares about the supervisors and making the next change for the better. (J) is very friendly and fun he also is easy to approach and personable, and on a first name basis with the CSRs. I have never worked at a call center before and I wasn't sure it was for me but when the manager takes time to listen to your calls and encourages you to be proud of what you do.

Our director has great energy and is a true positive change, from 2 years ago. And celebrates our top performers and contests each month.
    Recently we moved into a new call center, where the company encouraged everyone to give suggestions and vote on the floor plan and amenities. It's amazing how the smallest things are appreciated and recognized.

Cons

The new call center is amazing. Parking is a little limited but they are working on it. Managers should have an office, but they do not complain. Sometimes it's difficult to talk with him like we did in private at our old center. It may not matter to some CSRs but depends on what you need to talk about.

Advice to Management

The changes are really fantastic, the systems are finally being looked at for upgrades. Being at a new building doesn't mean we should change everything.

7. "Best Call Center in the World"

Current Employee - Content Developer
    Current Employee - Content Developer

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, great workers, benefits, bonus, game days and dress up days

Cons

We are still a baby company and sometimes it's frustrating when things don't go right. We learn from our mistakes and try to make it better next time

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers and keep it up!!

"Best Call Center in the World!"

Current Employee - Content Developer in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Content Developer in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After a very successful open house to show off our new center I want to brag about how amazing HomeServe really is. Not only do we have very competitive pay, incredible benefits, tons of fun, and wonderful benefits but we truly have the best team that I am so proud to be a part of! I started my HomeServe journey over 7 years ago as a temporary employee and I have been given so many opportunities to grow and promote. Our leadership team is phenomenal and truly tries to promote from within as much as possible and we have grown so much so quickly that the sky really is the limit. We all work hard keep our customers at the heart of what we do and HomeServe always goes above and beyond to take care of their people. If I haven't convinced you to take that jump and check us out, then ask me why I am #HomeServeAndProud, I'd love to tell you!

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Mar 9, 2018 – Director, People Communications & Engagement

It doesn't sound like you need too much convincing when it comes to HomeServe. We're glad you're as excited about our new call center in Chattanooga, TN as we are. The gym, the break rooms, the work... More

"Disappointed"

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are amazing people who give their all here. I came to this company because a friend referred me, it's better than my last call center job. The new site looks nice.

Cons

Many are outraged that the email that went out regarding the heart of HomeServe was so dry and pathetic and very dishonest especially when you think about send offs in the past. To assume we're going to accept this is a disgrace to your employees. Also, whoever is writing replies on here thank you but we all know you're not in touch with the center so maybe have someone local respond.
    We know that she was let go, probably with a nice pay and benefits package. We know she was close to retirement so this might be a blessing for her. However, your poor excuse for a communication over a woman who everyone in the center treasures dearly. HomeServe created a day specifically to say thank you and to show our appreciation. We did not have a chance to wish her luck or to all thank her.

The fact that this organization thinks that this is acceptable is unfortunate. You all were making seg way and just ruined it. It's clear that the thought process was to do it after the new center was finished so that the employees wouldn't notice however it's hard not to with all of the discomforts such as, no seats or personal space, no parking, no wifi..we cannot get signal in the building so on breaks we would walk to our car or to smoke however we have to park across the street, lights that are painful, so incredibly loud! "State of the art center?" We don't have wifi, the doors hardly work..we to be on a call at a specific time or we'll get an occurrence which means I have to leave 30 mins earlier than before just to park and make it to my seat so that my bonus isn't docked.

What I'm saying is honest and a bit on the "too honest" side as we're all very upset. The communication someone's retirement was great. Some people know who he is but most doesn't. Someone else left th company and got a much better email because he was from miami. You've decided the center needs someone better suited to manage it without including the center or being honest so that we could end it nicely for everyone.

This is a reason why the good people have left and all we see is new faces.

Advice to Management

Focus on the individuals who give you feedback outside of the norm of what you hear. Focus on your people. Focus on building better relationships with your employees. Focus on caring instead of appearing to care. I'll say that again. Focus on caring instead of appearing to care. Between marking forcing us to work mandatory overtime to the move being a nightmare. We're all tired. We want to work for a company that promotes it's values and is honest to it's employees. Not one that donates a truck for HFH then calls the police on a homeless man walking by. It appears corporate hs and our staff here are on different waves. As someone who has always led a positive outlook on our company, it's hard to remain positive when you feel everything is a front.

"There will be a bogus review written after this to push this one down"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every thing looks pretty, apprences are very important.
    We get lots of treats to keep us quiet and on our birthday like get a balloon like we are still 6 years old. This company does its best to ensure we are superficially happy!

Cons

Superficial happiness you might ask? Yes there is always money in the budget for elaborate events but ask for an increase in pay, and “we don’t have the budget” What we do have the budget for $55,000 holiday parties , presidents awards ceremonies (an award that has no known criteria) ,unnecessary business trips.
    Money to PAY for accolades called the “Stevie awards” so apparences would reflect that the company is successful. Generosity to the community only when there is a camera near by so we can check “good PR” off the list.
    Then there is the “Happiness Survey” where everyone gets to tell the business about themselves... Almost half the people never take it (because of fear of retaliation and/or cause they know it won’t make a difference). With those results,real issues that need to be addressed are glossed over so they can address soft issues like, ice machines not working , better menu options at the holiday party, and window tint. Having ethics, treating people fairly, having real training and development of the people.
    All departments being on one accord, people getting paid their true worth instead of being over extended. Clear direction , we take on new companies and partners and NO ONE KNOWS WHATS GOING ON!
    Let not even get into the fact the call center is male dominated. Females are allowed to wear shirt skirts, see through shirts, tights or anything else found at the club on a Saturday night.
    None of the male dominated leadership says a word. It is clear that men run this company and that’s how it’s going to remain. Despite the diversity in the call center, there is NO diversity in the upper leadership team. SAD!
    If you’re a woman, a person of color or both, you might as well just keep your seat.. you MIGHT be promoted to supervisor at best.
    Poor customers!
    People enroll in coverage and we either never send the their contracts or send it to the months later, however, we can seem to get offer letters for other products before they can even get their contracts ... REDICULOUS! No one cares what you say to the customers as long as it doesn’t get to the CEO or one of the many many many many chiefs that sit at the top.
    Then the immediate reaction is to fire you because you said the wrong thing , despite the fact that the customer was yelling at you cause she’d been 6days with no heat and no one in the company every took the time to teach you how to handle a escalated customer... the list goes on on on and I’m sure they will read this and talk about how bitter and jaded I must be, but I’m not. These are just truths no one wants to hear..This could be a really good company if we focused more on what we do and not on what we look like...

Advice to Management

Remember that even you are expendable when you are so quick to turn your nose up at those “below you”
    Realize there is no chain of command when you are on a REAL team.
    PAY your people, we don’t care about having a good time as much as we do taking care of our family.
    Realize that your happiness survey isn’t accurate as to how everyone at the company feels unless everyone take it.
    Actual CARE!
    We used to be a company who hires the cream of the crop and now the scrape the dredges of the barrel...SAD
    Still waiting on the 200+people that were promised to be hired so the company could get a tax break on building a new sight.. exactly where are they gonna sit and where are they gonna park?
    It’s sad that bad review on glass door will garner far more attention than face to face interaction, a direct email ore a “ happiness survey”

Apr 16, 2018 – Director, People Communications & Engagement

The People working for HomeServe – across all of our locations – are our most important asset. To get this type of critique from even one of our People is a big concern. And while our view of what... More