HomeServe USA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
HomeServe USA CEO Thomas J. Rusin
Thomas J. Rusin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Decent Pay And Benefits With Commission Opportunities (in 9 reviews)

• Growing company with lots of potential (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Leadership, Work Life Balance, expectations, Distractions, No clear strategy (in 5 reviews)

• Work strategies development but Upper management a bit vague (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Service, Fun and Exciting Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Business Operations in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Business Operations in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work. Not just because we provide an excellent service to our customers but because you can see the benefits of the services we provide. I continue to promote the company with friends, family and anyone else I come in contact with who has a home emergency.

This is the first organization that I have worked in that truly cares about our customers and we live and breath by doing the right thing. You can truly learn something every day. Over the last two years, we have brought in a number of individuals who are helping to drive the business forward.

Lastly, there is so much more we can do and this is evident in our all hands meetings.

Cons

At times we try to tackle too much but over the last few years, we have set up a vision as well as put the right people in the right roles to help prioritize and drive these efforts.

Advice to Management

Keep driving efficiencies, listening to the employees and the business will continue to succeed. Overall, amazing organization!

Jul 7, 2017 – SVP

Really great feedback and thanks for being a brand advocate! Yes, we do try to put the customer at the heart of our organization and work at continuous improvement - not just for customers but in... More

2. "Excellent Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time

Pros

Friendly environment, caring leadership, fun place to work, Birthday celebrations and plus. It’s a team oriented organization and care about it’s people. Easy place to make friends. Training is excellent and up to the point; they push you to be the best that you can; it’s scary but at the end is worth it.

Cons

Some minor system issues. No lunch room area to sit.

Advice to Management

In general Team Leads needs to be more available. You can reach the Supervisor more than what you can some team leads.

3. "Wonderful Company with Room to Grow"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked with homeserve for over a year now and have nothing but wonderful things to say. The company is a great company which offers amazing benefits, great stability, and the ability to expand and move up. There’s so many companies where it’s easy to get stuck in your current position, not at homeserve! Additionally the training and preparation for new material and courses is on par. They provide you with the material, allow you time to get comfortable and provide a place where you can self serve all your questions. It definitely is a place which allows a person to grow as a worker and as a person.

Cons

There is a minimal lack of communication from upper management down to the rest of the floor. This does cause some struggles but not horrible enough to cause upset.

4. "Great company!"

Pros

Awesome company to work for. The training staff is outstanding.

Cons

Minimal technology issues and delays.

Advice to Management

None.

"customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Canonsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Canonsburg, PA

Pros

lots of food, positive posters and decorations, good security, friendly coworkers

Cons

training not thorough in a lot of areas ie email, directory, lack of expectations, lack of communication, some leads do not seem to want to help or should be in leadership role... was told interview there would a week of shadowing, not true, trainer for expected to not train new class and spend time with prior class. Not all trainees, were evaluated on the equal playing floor, one received one hour and others over 6 hours on shadowing. You stress quality but you do not put the time in your training class. It is a revolving door and you do not give anyone a chance. You are expected after a couple days to look in knowledge base and figure it out. You did not even go over the top scenarios that we will see over and over. In my short period I had very complex problems where training didnt go over ie, more than one plan and not delegating the payments equally or the problem way to show why they had a credit. If someone new asking for help, then help them. You dont throw people on the phones without being monitored. Very disappointing

Advice to Management

If someone is in training, on time, trying and asks for additional help, you should give it. I think it is waste of your time and temp worker to let a person go after one week due to performance? You are in training, you should help them. The comparisons to others was sure not fair. I am a college graduate, I have been in training positions and handled lots of systems. I do not think telling someone to look in the knowledge base is a sufficient training system. I think you should have told the person what areas they need to improve and not let them go in one week.

6. "homeserve"

I worked at HomeServe USA full-time

Pros

work environment, coworkers, good location, friendly, very understanding

Cons

very manual work, rushed at times

7. "Think twice before applying"

I worked at HomeServe USA full-time

Pros

Good salary and benefits and holiday days off

Cons

-Company takes on too many internal projects and never completes one successfully.
    -Company growing too fast and doesn't know how to handle the acquisitions
    -Clique environment

Advice to Management

-Treat employees with good track records better.
    -Hire more IT people

Dec 6, 2017 – Director, People Communications & Engagement

We’re sorry to hear that your experience here was less than ideal. While your feedback runs counter to what other current and former employees say about HomeServe, your honesty is appreciated. And as... More

8. "Wonderful Work Environment"

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company really cares about providing their agents with a really fun and uplifting environment to work in. We also get together and do things outside of work which is great for team building!

Cons

Internal communication from upper management to the agents could be better. Also better training could be provided.

Oct 23, 2017 – Director, People Communications & Engagement

It’s great to hear how much you continue to like the environment and culture we have here at HomeServe USA. People are at the heart of our brand, so we’re always thinking of different ways to have... More

9. "Great environment"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun place to work, sad they had to close the Miami office. It was plenty of room for advancement. Good work life balance.

Cons

Sometimes management can be hard to please. Made up rules as we went. Some management showed a lot of favoritism.

10. "Top Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and sense of teamwork throughout the organization. Senior management also does a nice job keeping everyone informed on company goals and performance. There's also room within the company to move from one department to the next if it's something you feel you'd excel at and an opening exists.

Cons

The atmosphere can be a little too quiet at times, but this usually means that people are busy going about their work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! The company continues to grow year over year with lots of opportunities moving forward.