KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.6
HomeServe USA CEO Thomas J. Rusin
Thomas J. Rusin

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "workers are great people(in 27 reviews)
  • "Everyone tries to make it a fun place to be... Pay is great.. bonuses are what most people work hard for...(in 22 reviews)
  • "great benefits, fun place to work(in 22 reviews)
  • "Culture is great because of talent acquisition acquiring top talent.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance(in 8 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of HomeServe USA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Incredible company

Jan 20, 2022 - Production Manager in Norwalk, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is so much opportunity for growth. Extremely supportive managers and you feel like you are really heard. The work life balance is like no other company.

Cons

There are no cons about this company

HomeServe USA Response

It is so great to hear from our employees. Thank you for taking the time to talk about your experience. We sincerely appreciate you and all of your contributions to HomeServe. I would agree, it is a pretty great company to work for. Our wonderful team is a huge part of our success and you are appreciated!

2. 5.0

Great Company

May 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company treats employees exceptionally well and stays in tune with what improvements employees would like to see. They offer fantastic benefits and are very flexible with hybrid work and flex hours.

Cons

No cons to share at this time.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Start a Career

May 18, 2022 - Analytics Supervisor in Chattanooga, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, entrepeneurial environment, growth based on merit. Easy to stand out. WFH, unlimited PTA, 401k match, stock purchase program, cheap health insurance, education reimbursement.

Cons

Structure can be lacking--someone who isn't organized or not self-motivated may struggle.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

IT

Apr 25, 2022 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice customer oriented sales people

Cons

Work really hard most of the time

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

low pay long hours

May 5, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Burlington, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

you get to work from home

Cons

long hours that arent ideal

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Apr 20, 2022 - Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits; great ceo

Cons

Bad business ideas sometimes doesn’t help

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Look elsewhere

Apr 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive Pay in corporate positions

Cons

Layoffs to pad quarterly profits Management is awful and rude

2 people found this review helpful

Director, People Communications & Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback about working alongside us at HomeServe. The recent decision to reduce the size of our workforce, which impacted several people working at the company, was complex to say the least. This is not something that we wanted to do. At times, we have to make decisions that are difficult so we’re able to deliver for our customers and ensure a bright future for our employees. Layoffs were truly the last resort for us. We genuinely appreciate everyone who works with us at HomeServe every day and the value they bring to the company and our customers.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

changing

May 14, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

working from home good pay

Cons

lots of changes all the time

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work and dedicated team!

Mar 31, 2022 - Talent Acquisition Manager in Norwalk, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility and great team to work along

Cons

Challenges working with remote teams at times

Director, People Communications & Engagement

Thanks for being part of Team HomeServe. We hope you know we're glad you're here. Flexibility has been key for so many of us these last two years, and it will be going forward. Being remote and working with people who are remote poses some challenges, but it's something we can all work together to improve. Remember to be patient, make suggestions when you think things can be improved, and use technology to you advantage for meetings and collaboration. Thanks again for being part of the team!

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company - Weak Leadership

Mar 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive and collabrorative culture Excellent benefits and Paid Time Away policy Professional and polite atmosphere

Cons

Weak leadership - tend to micro-manage too often-too much A little obssessed with Great Place To Work certification - inauthentic. Leadership behaves like a very small company when they are an enterprise.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 241 Reviews

HomeServe USA Reviews FAQs

HomeServe USA has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 250 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at HomeServe USA to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, HomeServe USA employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at HomeServe USA. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

68% of HomeServe USA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated HomeServe USA 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at HomeServe USA to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with HomeServe USA Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at HomeServe USA? Share Your Experiences

HomeServe USA Careers

Cover image for HomeServe USA

About HomeServe USA At HomeServe USA, our mission is simple: “To free our customers from the worry and inconvenience of home emergency...More

• Giving Back
  • Work Here

Company Updates

336 days ago

Culture
Talk about being HomeServe Proud! This week, our LGBTQ+ and Allies Business Resource Group hosted Pride celebrations at our offices in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania (that's near Pittsburgh), Chattanooga, Tennessee, and Norwalk, Connecticut. The collective display of diversity and inclusion is what HomeServe is truly all about. We say it all the time: People are at the heart of everything we do. That's especially true of the people working alongside us everyday. And celebrating the unique things that make them who they are is one of the great things about our culture. Happy Pride!

343 days ago

Culture
We’re all about the “how-to. at HomeServe. Today, on Juneteenth, our employees and leaders honor a day of freedom and look to educate by discussing “how to” talk about race at work. We’re committed to giving everyone an equal opportunity to learn, grow and contribute. We hear from our employees, our Business Resource Groups, and our allies on how to make HomeServe a great place to work. That’s why on #Juneteenth (and all year round), we’re making it a priority to educate one another on how to have thoughtful conversations about race, look at different perspectives and listen to each other so we can foster a truly inclusive workplace. This week, our E.P.I.C. BRG, which stands for Empowering Potential Inclusive to Color, offered everyone at HomeServe a variety of information and resources to learn more about Juneteenth and the Black experience in America. And today, we’re excited to cap off the week with a Black-Owned Business Expo in our Chattanooga, Tennessee office where several of our colleagues will showcase the talents and businesses they pursue outside of work at HomeServe.
Shared image

HomeServe USA Photos

+ Add Photo
HomeServe USA photo of: Team HomeServe helped Habitat for Humanity of Great Pittsburgh demo the inside of this house, which will soon be an inviting place for a deserving local family.
HomeServe USA photo of: LifeCare Alliance was the recipient of a $10,000 grant from the HomeServe Cares Foundation to support senior citizens in their community.
HomeServe USA photo of: We headed to Boulder, CO on Dec. 4 to present Cultivate with a $3,500 grant to serve seniors in their community
HomeServe USA photo of: Giving back - Our HomeServe Cares Foundation presented Brothers Redevelopment Inc. a check for $10K to support their efforts to keep seniors, veterans and disable citizens safe in their homes.
HomeServe USA photo of: The team in our New Jersey facility share our excitement about being certified as a Great Place to Work.
HomeServe USA photo of: What a sweet volunteer opportunity for our Norwalk crew. They baked some tasty treats with Circle of Friends and the Crumb Together Kosher Bakery. Baking + volunteering? Sign us up any day!
HomeServe USA photo of: On Oct. 15, 2019, our HomeServe Cares Foundation made a generous donation to support the United Way of the Midlands and Senior Resources, Inc. to support senior citizens in the local community.