Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance Company Reviews

Updated January 15, 2017

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance Company Chairman and CEO Paresh Patel
Paresh Patel
1 Rating

1. "Outstanding Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance Company full-time

Pros

This company values each employee as an individual, benefits package, and makes it a point to involve themselves with the outside community and build a community/culture within their own walls.

Cons

My life changed dramatically during my time with this company and I wish there were more flexible hours/schedule for employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep your heart and mind curious for ways to better your departments and company as a whole, you are doing great!

"HCI Group - Finance Department! - BEST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the best job I have ever had! Management encourages every employee to get involved in other areas of the finance department that they are interested in, promotions are given very quickly. Average length of an employee there is at least 5 years, which speaks volume! 100% paid employer benefits!!!!! Yes, ALL BENEFITS (medical, vision, dental, STD, LTD, etc.)! Everybody gets along and is incredibly helpful. I wouldn't look further, get your foot in the door, it is THE BEST PLACE TO WORK FOR IN THE TAMPA BAY AREA PERIOD!!!!! Best part is they don't believe in working late! Each employee works 40 hours a week (45 max, which is rare!) EVEN DURING MONTH END! Nobody stays late!!!!! If employees start getting overwhelmed, they hire more people to alleviate the job load from overwhelmed employees. The CEO is an incredibly smart man who always delivers on every promise he makes. He is very liked throughout the entire organization.

Cons

PTO Benefits! Competitors offer better PTO Benefits that include not just PTO accrual, but also sick and personal days. Also, you only offer 6 paid holidays, not the industry average (which is 9 to 12). Other than that, can't complain about anything else!

Advice to Management

Improve the PTO & Holiday bank and there won't be a competition in town! LOVE THIS PLACE!

3. "Amazing Company"

Pros

Benefits, management, work load, hours available.

Cons

None - this company is great.

5. "Great Company, Great Employer!"

Pros

I really enjoy working for Homeowners Choice. It's a great company with a great group of people. They care not only about their clients, but also about their employees and the surrounding communities all over Tampa as well.

Cons

It's hard to list any cons. I actually enjoy getting up and coming in to work, which is something I haven't always been able to say about previous employers. There are always going to be good days and bad days, we're human after all, but I would say at Homeowners Choice the good by far outweighs the negative.

6. "Client Services"

I worked at Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The usual benefits such as PTO, 401K, Health and Life.

Cons

The call center is micromanaged with unrealistic expectations. Management needs to take come managerial courses to learn how to be a leader. This way subordinates are not constantly being degraded and instead are lifted to do their best. This is why there is a high turnover of employees were worked hard to provide excellent service to the customers.

7. "Excellent Experience"

Pros

Inviting atmosphere. Thorough training. Great management. People there are extremely supportive and have kept in touch even after I left.

Cons

Can't think of any, I had a great experience. I can't speak to full time positions, as I was an intern, but they were a pleasure to work for.

8. "Data Specialist"

I have been working at Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance Company part-time

Pros

Low stress work environment, relaxed office, you are able to listen to music while working, it is easy to get time off.

Cons

The job can be very slow paced at times. Some days you will go in and be doing the same task, over and over, for the whole work day.

Advice to Management

Try to mix up what your employees are doing an a day to day basis so they don't get burnt out of doing the same repetitive task.