Homeowners Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Homeowners Financial Group CEO and Founder Bill Rogers
Bill Rogers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I LOVE Coming to Work!"

Current Employee - Licensed Mortgage Professional Assistant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Licensed Mortgage Professional Assistant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Homeowners Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has that "family-owned and operated" feel to it. Everyone is working towards a common goal and everyone is always willing to help! The Culture Committee is always thinking of fun ways to bring the employees closer together.

Homeowners Financial Group does such a great job at giving back to the community and helping those in need. We have Care Fund representatives on site at our corporate office, and everyone is involved in giving back.

Cons

The office temperatures hover somewhere around freezing, a light sweater is always needed.

2. "Mortgage Underwriter"

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Saint Louis Park, MN

I have been working at Homeowners Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture of this company is amazing!

Cons

I do not have any cons for this company.

3. "Great Place to work!"

I have been working at Homeowners Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HFG is the best company I have ever worked for. Everyone is truly a professional and everyone is treated with top of the line respect. Work life balance, they really know and understand. They don't want you to be just an employee, they truly want you to exceed and grow. Lot's of community outreach from all locations and all levels.

Cons

Insurance is costing me a bit more than my previous employer and the coverage is not as good.

Advice to Management

Keep ding what you are doing! It's working and I believe we are doing great things here.

4. "THE Best Place to work HANDS DOWN!!"

Current Employee - Underwriter II in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Underwriter II in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Homeowners Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been in the mortgage business since 1979, and HFG is by far the best company I have ever worked for. They really DO care about their "Homies" as people, and care about their Homies' families as well.
    I receive a lot of support and positive feedback for the way I think and do things. I have received "Homie Hot Shots" from sales team members, which is a great thing for an Underwriter to get!
    HFG is super involved with charitable causes within the community, and support you if you want to take part in them off-site.
    Pat Lamb (the President of the company) remembered my name the next day after training and always greeted me with a smile in the halls or even across the parking lot. Amazing.
    Depending on your position, you may be able to work remotely from the comfort of your own home, in your jammies! I am definitely a #HomieForLife!

Cons

The medical benefit premiums are just a bit more than what I'm used to, but you have to understand this is a smaller company, so they can't get the same premiums the big banks get. Vision and Dental are the same as what I had at another company. Trust me, the slightly higher medical premiums are a trade-off I'm willing to make just to work here! They also offer Aflac and even Pet Insurance!

Advice to Management

Keep doin' what you're doin'!!! You guys ROCK.

5. "Best Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Homeowners Financial Group full-time

Pros

If you want to wake up Monday through Friday with a smile, come be a Homie. We are in a stressful business and the company always finds ways to show appreciation for its employees, even down to hand written thank you cards.
    #homieforlife

Cons

I am still looking for a con here and have yet to find one. Maybe cliche but these are supposed to be honest reviews.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and making business decision based on the company values since the organization was founded.

6. "Amazing Corporate Culture!"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Homeowners Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Homeowners treats every employee with respect and understanding. Their emphasis on Corporate Culture makes employees love coming to work and constantly remind them of their value and appreciation.

Cons

Because they are still building their brand and are relatively new, some procedures and channels are not very clear and could use some more definitive guidelines.

7. "Underwriter"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Homeowners Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment including work from home or work from an office closest to your home. Senior management is very friendly and always willing to talk or listen to any employee and are open to suggestions. No micro-management. Opportunities to promote or change positions within are prevalent. The company really cares about its employees and takes great strides to ensure everyone that, feels like a family-run organization.

Cons

No annual salary review, if you want an increase you need to request it. Insurance premiums are higher than many in the industry are used to paying, but its justifiable due to the company being smaller.

8. "Awesome place to work"

I have been working at Homeowners Financial Group full-time

Pros

A place that is cultured-base on family, work-life balance, and very rewarding. You get the appreciation of going above and beyond. Really a part of the community and some of the best people above to ever work with. It's not every company you meet would actually want to have you sit down with the President, CFO, and Treasurer to introduce themselves.

Cons

When it comes to hard work, it is actually hard work. Sometimes you feel overwhelmed as far as deadlines, quota, especially towards the end of the month. A lot of pressure is being applied on the ones who are really losing sleep.

Advice to Management

A little more encouragement and less intimidation to the ones under you.

9. "Exactly Like High School"

I worked at Homeowners Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really nice people that work here and are willing to help you with anything. The State of the Union is pretty cool as well. Pretty much if you want to come to this company as a Loan Officer or any position that has to do with processing loans, I recommend. The managers are very nice and welcoming in those departments.

Cons

I worked in a department full of immaturity, disloyalty, back stabbing and favoritism. My experience in the beginning was fine up until things started to shift within then"team". I was micromanaged day to day and my manager was very forgetful and I found myself repeating a lot of things which became very irritating. I gave 100% as far as my duties and it was never enough. It was also annoying because every small thing would get reported by a snitch, so my livelihood was also put on the line. I was belittled and bullied and empathy was something that was not shown. The problem was that people could not separate work and outside lives. It was never respected. If you are a person that is a natural leader, I would not recommend this place if you are not in sales. It was impossible for me to air my grievances so I don't need a response from any "director". Just because you work hard to be on of "the best places to work" doesn't mean that is actually true. They only care about accolades instead of living up to it (actually, just this particular department).

Advice to Management

Let someone else step in that has more time and more credentials. Stop micromanaging and bullying people to do things that they don't want to do.

Homeowners Financial Group Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Director of Corporate Culture

It is really unfortunate that you worked for over a year in an environment that you would describe as “bullying”, and “micromanaging”. That has to be incredibly frustrating, especially if it is... More

10. "Best Place to Work"

I have been working at Homeowners Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything about this place is positive! The senior management team is awesome. They truly do live by the open door policy and are always available to talk or give advice. The company culture is amazing and they provide a lot of opportunities to give back to the community in a variety of different ways.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons I believe this is one of the few companies out there where employees actually want to come to work every day.