Homeside Financial "401k match" Reviews | Glassdoor

Homeside Financial Employee Reviews about "401k match"

Updated 21 May 2018

4.4
Homeside Financial CEO Michael Baynes
Michael Baynes
Pros
Cons
  • "Training in the account Manager position could be improved but wasn't terrible(in 16 reviews)

• "The benefits package including 401k match could be a lot better(in 16 reviews)

Reviews about "401k match"

Return to all Reviews

"Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

High energy, young professional atmosphere, Potential to make a lot of money

Cons

401K match is not good.

Advice to Management

Look into 401K as the company grows

Homeside Financial2018-05-21

"GREAT Work Environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work environment at Homeside is one of a kind, it is rare to find a company who values their employees as much as they do. The first day I started here everyone was so kind and welcoming, I felt like I fit right in. They take pride in providing the appropriate resources and tools to train their employees. I was trained/mentored by some wonderful people who made it easier for me to do my job efficiently! One of... the biggest perks I've noticed at Homeside, is that you aren't "stuck" in a position forever. If you feel that you want a change, they are more than happy to work with you to allow a change in position. You are always learning new things here, which I think is very important. At Homeside we have office happy hours once a month, which I think do a great job at getting everyone together outside of the office to build and strengthen not only work relationships but also friendships! I am amazed at what Homeside offers and am so happy to be a part of such a great team and growing company!

Cons

Their benefits are great, except I do think the 401K match could be a little better.

Advice to Management

I think for every new-hire position, that new-hire should receive a mentor to shadow, as well as helping train them in succeeding in their new position. I think everyone learns differently, whether that is hands-on, verbally, visually, etc. I think it's important to have some type of mentor to help ease the transition for the new-hire for the first week or two!

Homeside Financial2018-05-17

"Great Company Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are so many things that make Homeside great: - From the moment you first walk through the doors, everyone is so welcoming. - They offer paid maternity leave - Monthly happy hours - Weekly training that are meant to be helpful not only in the work place, but personal life. Homeside wants you to have a healthy work-life balance. - Everyone is always so helpful and friendly - Opportunity to pursue a... position in which you are interested in - Casual Fridays!! - Involving employees in their communities (through Meals on Wheels and Jr. Achievement)

Cons

Benefits are good, but could be better. For example, our 401K match could be higher.

Homeside Financial2018-03-15

"Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Awesome office, filled with people who are hungry to succeed. - Management is helpful and willing to listen at all times. - Excellent operations team. - Good compensation and flexibility. - Company-wide happy hours every month. - Performance based prizes and contests. - The opportunity to grow and be promoted is definitely there.

Cons

- The leads we call aren't the best at times. - Some of the bonus structures are also not that great. - The benefits package including 401k match could be a lot better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You're building a monster of a company by hiring the right people who are eager to succeed. Invest in offices out west to expand!

Homeside Financial2018-02-22

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Loan Processor

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very positive work environment. Management provide positive feedback to employees. There is an excellent work life balance. The system they have in place to move loans through the pipeline is the best I have seen in my many years of experience. Since the company is growing at such an amazing pace the opportunity for growth is terrific.

Cons

401k match isn't great. the approved overtime isn't great

Advice to Management

As the company grows l hope we don't lose sight of what makes Homeside such a great place to work.

Homeside Financial2016-12-01

"Amazing Culture! Best place I have worked in my 20 years in the busienss!"

Current Employee - Vice President, Sales Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time

Pros

Amazing culture. Operational support is unmatched in the industry. Marketing support is fantastic. Technology driven. Forward thinking. A sales minded company. Upper management is easily accessible all the way to the partners.

Cons

I wish the 401k match were better.

Homeside Financial2016-10-24

"I love calling Homeside home!"

Senior Loan Processor

I have been working at Homeside Financial

Pros

This company has the strongest support system I have seen in many years. While this is the most corporate company I have ever worked for it doesn't feel corporate. There is always someone to assist you if you are not able to accomplish your task on your own, right down to upper management. We all work together to close each loan. There is no us vs them mentality in the different sectors of the company. We are all... one with one goal. This company feels like home, like a big family.

Cons

I agree with others in that the 401K match could be stronger. I would also say that the initial on boarding of employees could be made a little smoother by having the tools the new employee needs already recognized and gathered prior to their start date.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You've made Homeside a great place to call home and a place I am proud to be a part of.

Homeside Financial2016-10-14

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people here are great, it's always a fun day interacting with co-workers. The office in general has a very positive, up-beat vibe that contributes to the atmosphere of success. There are consistent incentives from management to help keep us focused. The hours are pretty great. The company happy hours are always a good time. There is a lot of dedication to the corporate culture here.

Cons

The pay structure needs revamping. The tiered incentive system leaves many account managers, who contribute to the company in a real way, un-compensated. The 401k match is lackluster at best. In addition, steps need to be made in regards to management's transparency. Certain managers are unresponsive to emails and there seems to be quite a bit of favoritism.

Advice to Management

This is, primarily, a phenomenal place to work and I am grateful to participate in the vision. Mark Greaves, particularly, is an amazing leader. He keeps company objectives clear, listens to those he manages and takes charge to ensure that Homeside remains an amazing place to work. That being said, I wish I had more interactions with Mark, as my interactions with another manager often leave me confused, uninspired,... and underwhelmed. Work to ensure that every employee feels valuable especially by improving communication.

Homeside Financial2016-03-17

"Good company, better people"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time

Pros

I've had an to opportunity to be a part of this company from its earliest stage and watch it grow & develop into what it is now. Since Day 1 the management made it a point to train and develop its employees, no matter if you were a summer intern or a full time employee. Being a newer loan officer, there are growing pains that come standard with this type of role. In my lean months was when management was most... supportive and went out of their way to accommodate my needs in order to get back on track. The negative reviews are correct in saying that there are expectations and pressures that come a long with this job. This is typical with any sales role, especially in an a very competitive industry such as this. The job is not for everyone, but it allows you to get outside your comfort zone and discover skills within yourself that you never knew you had. The "sweatshop" con is wildly incorrect, as loan officers are only required to be in the office for 38 hours a week. While encouraged to provide a high level of customer satisfaction, working nights and weekends is an employee's own free will and something most motivated workers will want to do anyhow. In short, you get out of it what you put in in regards to compensation. I've seen managers fore sake their own compensation and time in favor of helping the people that work under them. This is rare in today's workforce and a main reason I have not seriously pursued any offers outside of Homeside. To me, this is what sets this company apart from the rest and makes me feel like I am more than just a source of revenue.

Cons

401k match could be better. This is something I expect to improve as the company continues to grow.

Advice to Management

Integrate more AVP's in with younger Loan Officers on the floor.

Homeside Financial2016-02-22

"Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Upbeat atmosphere with modern surroundings and pleasant, soothing colors. Wants to be known as the "Modern Lender." Very little underwriting review and loans are always approved in about a half hour. Like the subprime market.

Cons

TERRIBLE benefits, very low 401k match (a fraction). Health insurance is very high. Only 2 weeks vacation if you're fortunate enough to get any time off. Management creates too much of a competitive environment for constant sales. The atmosphere creates hostility among coworkers and increases the probability of high risk loans due to mgmt's constant demand for sales or the threat of termination. It's really a 24/7... sweatshop. I was swayed into this place with false claims of it being "A Best Place to Work." This is the result of Mgmt and a false claim.

Advice to Management

Stop being so greedy or you will lose the right to do business. It will be discovered and you will be shut down.

Homeside Financial2016-02-20