Homeside Financial Loan Officer Reviews | Glassdoor

Homeside Financial  Co-Founder and Managing Partner Michael Baynes
Michael Baynes
  1. "Chart your own path"

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

The harder you work, the more you can make. There’s really no limit outside of your desire to succeed

Cons

There is a stiff learning curve in this industry. It’s not for everyone

Homeside Financial2018-11-06
  2. "Good place to get in the industry. Black hole for anyone else"

Former Employee - Senior Loan Officer

I worked at Homeside Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get leads provided to you. They are garbage. They used to be good until they changed the lead source, now it is absolute garbage. Also, Homeside tells its employees to post 5 star reviews on glassdoor... So if a company tells its employees to post 5 star reviews, chances are the company is not 5 stars

Cons

Commission Only job. Garbage leads combined with commission only equals awful pay. There is a draw, but you pay back the draw. Therefore this is a commission only job with garbage leads.

Advice to Management

None

Homeside Financial2019-04-08

"Awesome company!!!"

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Homeside Financial is by far the best company I have ever worked for. This is due to the fact the culture is impeccable, the management staff is awesome, and they provide you with a working environment surrounded by help and encouragement. The training involved with becoming a licenced loan officer at Homeside Financial is completely hands on and it prepares you for a full workload that you typically see in this position. I strongly encourage everyone to check them out!

Cons

The only thing that's a con for Homeside is the days involve long hours, and even work outside of the office from time to time, but it comes with the job. But, working outside of the office gives you an edge with securing deals, which could also be looked at as a pro.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep providing a encouraging and helpful environment, and continue to strive to be the best in the industry.

Homeside Financial2018-09-05

"Amazing place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the only job I have ever had where I actually enjoy going to work. The culture of the company is amazing. The people I work with aren't just my co-workers but my friends as well. Management has mastered he art of professionalism and fun. The personalized training for Loan Officers was also amazing. A lot of room for moving around the company. Within my first couple months I was already promoted to Loan Officer.

Cons

Account Manager role training's were sometimes not as quality as the Loan Officer training. Account manager role is tedious, but helps significantly when you are moved to an LO.

Advice to Management

Overall, none I can think of. If anything, the benefits could be a little better.

Homeside Financial2018-09-05

"Great opportunity to grow as a mortgage professional"

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work work/life balance is fantastic, you are not micromanaged so you can efficiently take care of your responsibilities during a normal workweek. Competitive pay! There are no gimmicks of a 50hr workweek and tiered commission structure. Lead source is great and pretty much unlimited. There will always opportunities to drive more business. This doesn’t mean you have to be sitting in your chair for 12hrs a day waiting for someone to call you from a 1-800 number. Ability to originate every mortgage product under the sun. You have the flexibility to explore what product is best for the client you are working with, you don’t have to jam them in a cookie cutter program that management brands. Transparency from management on what goals and expectations are from LO’s, branches, and company as a whole.

Cons

Current mortgage industry. Margins are shrinking and rates are going up. It'll be the survival of the fittest, on the other hand Homeside does everything they can so their Loan Officers can thrive

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, it's great how management takes feedback from employees and makes strategic changes.

Homeside Financial2018-08-31

"Growing Company"

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good culture, growing company and excellent people

Cons

Not a great schedule, continually increasing job responsibilities and frustrating industry

Homeside Financial2018-09-04

"Great Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing atmosphere in the office Good work/life balance Free lunches

Cons

Compensation structure difficult to comprehend Changing work schedule to include mandatory Saturday shift isn't ideal

Advice to Management

Continue fostering growth from within, you guys are doing an excellent job of hiring qualified candidates here. Maintain the communication and exposure to upper-level management too, it's nice knowing that they truly care about an employee's comments/concerns. Keep doing team building exercises outside of the office, it's a great way to learn more about others here at Homeside. Consider restructuring the compensation format.

Homeside Financial2018-05-22

"Loan Officer"

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work culture is second to none

Cons

stress at times...need more restrooms

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Homeside Financial2018-05-22

"Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

High energy, young professional atmosphere, Potential to make a lot of money

Cons

401K match is not good.

Advice to Management

Look into 401K as the company grows

Homeside Financial2018-05-21

"Loan Officer"

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like my job, but I absolutely love my company. I enjoy helping people save money, but the culture of Homeside is one-of-a-kind. The atmosphere makes work incredibly enjoyable and I actually look forward to coming to work everyday.

Cons

If the worse thing about Homeside I can think of is is "I have to occasionally walk downstairs to use the restroom because my floor's restroom is full" I guess it must be a great company.

Homeside Financial2018-05-17