Homeside Financial Senior Loan Officer Reviews | Glassdoor

Michael Baynes

"Great Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing atmosphere in the office Good work/life balance Free lunches

Cons

Compensation structure difficult to comprehend Changing work schedule to include mandatory Saturday shift isn't ideal

Advice to Management

Continue fostering growth from within, you guys are doing an excellent job of hiring qualified candidates here. Maintain the communication and exposure to upper-level management too, it's nice knowing that they truly care about an employee's comments/concerns. Keep doing team building exercises outside of the office, it's a great way to learn more about others here at Homeside. Consider restructuring the compensation format.

Homeside Financial2018-05-22
  2. "Good place to get in the industry. Black hole for anyone else"

Former Employee - Senior Loan Officer

I worked at Homeside Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get leads provided to you. They are garbage. They used to be good until they changed the lead source, now it is absolute garbage. Also, Homeside tells its employees to post 5 star reviews on glassdoor... So if a company tells its employees to post 5 star reviews, chances are the company is not 5 stars

Cons

Commission Only job. Garbage leads combined with commission only equals awful pay. There is a draw, but you pay back the draw. Therefore this is a commission only job with garbage leads.

Advice to Management

None

Homeside Financial2019-04-08

"Sr Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have found hat Homeside has a very well defined advancement path. The employees and management are incredibly knowledgeable about the industry. Management is always willing to step in and help at the drop of a dime. The company is also very innovative in what they do in the industry and promote an upbeat culture. Overall a great company and group of people. Can't see myself anywhere else at the moment.

Cons

Health benefits and 401k are not very good. Company is growing at a really fast pace and it is effecting management's ability to be hands on.

Advice to Management

Delegate more duties to other people to free up time for management themselves

Homeside Financial2017-05-19

"GO Homeside"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Homeside is unlike any other mortgage company I have ever worked at. - Everyone is eager and willing to help the person next to them. - Wonderful hands on training - Work/Life balance (goodbye 60+ hour mandatory work weeks) - Great compensation plan that is simple and straight forward - Managers that actually help you and care how you are doing, but who don't micromanage/breath down your neck.

Cons

The only thing i dislike is my commute to work. Wish the office was in the city.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Homeside Financial2017-05-10

"My "Forever" Company"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Where do I start? The people I work with have become family to me via all the Happy hours, events, celebrations, successes, etc. we have shared together. I cannot speak enough about how much this company cares for and empowers their employees.

Cons

None at all, but if I ever did have a Con, I am sure it would be handled quickly and effectively.

Advice to Management

Keep keeping your employees first and they will serve you well and for a long time.

Homeside Financial2016-12-01

"Great Team"

Senior Loan Officer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Homeside Financial

Pros

A great group of people as support to help me close loans. The Team always goes the extra mile to do everything within guidelines to help people meet their dreams of home ownership.

Cons

None I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Homeside Financial2016-10-24

"Great Company"

Senior Loan Officer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Homeside Financial

Pros

Good people, salt of the earth, knows how to close loans on time. Processors are awesome, loan coordinators are awesome, you can actually talk to your underwriters. Branch Team is great!

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Need more Niche products, LO's that live more than an hour away from branch conference them in on meeting. Don't ask them to drive.

Homeside Financial2016-10-14

"I LOVE HOMESIDE!!!"

Senior Loan Officer in Athens, GA

I have been working at Homeside Financial for less than a year

Pros

This is the 3rd mortgage lender I've worked for in the last 4 years(one due to stop lending in my state) and I think I have found my home. From the top to the bottom everyone understands the importance of getting the job done and on time. That helps us protect our own personal reputation with our referral partners as well as the company' brand. They are forward thinking and trying to do business the way it should be done. Rather than giving reasons why something won't work, can't be done, or business as usual, they are open to suggestions and always trying to improve. They certainly aren't perfect, BUT how they react to a mistake or an unforeseen issue is a big reason that separates them from other companies. They are quick to correct or adjust rather than try and point blame, stall and risk a delayed closing. I've even gotten IT to correct a docusign issue (borrower's fault) at 11:30 at night on a Closing Disclosure that had to be signed by midnight to ensure that we met the closing date. Trust me, that doesn't happen at other companies! With there growth there are also plenty of opportunities for advancement. My previous employers were pretty good, but just not as good as Homeside!!

Cons

Haven't really seen any real cons that are any different than any other company. However, I think it would make a big difference to appraiser accountability if they had there own appraisal desk rather than using AMC's. That way the appraiser's would be more accountable to us rather than the AMC, which seems to not exist in some cases, but the issues are not very often. It would also be nice to a have a few more niche products.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow at a sustainable pace and don't let the sales force outgrown the field. Provide some more products like OTC/Construction to Perm and Doctor Loans just to name a few.

"Senior Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Vibrant Office Atmosphere, great energy, young energized staff and management team.

Cons

Young company so there are a few growing pains, but nothing major

Advice to Management

Continue to be enthusiastic and care about new employees as well as the veterans

Homeside Financial2016-07-06

"Best Atmosphere in the Business"

Senior Loan Officer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial for more than a year

Pros

-Great work atmosphere and company support -Very competitive pay structure -Provided with great leads daily -Quick turn times on loan closings

Cons

-I have not come across and negatives yet

Found 27 reviews