Homeside Financial Employee Reviews about "benefit"
80% would recommend to a friend
(34 total reviews)
95% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Finance
14 hours ago
I'm on a project with a manager, it's our first time working together, I call and ask a few clarifying questions and the models are 95% there with the project is moving along on schedule. After he's done explaining a part of the modeling to me (took about 10 mins for him to walk me through the steps) he starts scolding me for asking a question that someone at my level should know, and blaming me for coming to him with the question instead of asking another associate. Is this normal in finance?
18 hours ago
I'm currently an RB at chase (previous 1 year at BOA as a RB as well and long sales background.), completed 1 year this month. My goal is to make 200k within next 2-3 years, what is the quickest way to achieve this? Im open to moving to any another LOB
Got a burning question about Homeside Financial? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Homeside Financial employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The culture here is great." (in 40 reviews)
- "The people were great to work with and always willing to help each other." (in 27 reviews)
- "Management is great with teaching and pushing account managers to be their very best" (in 18 reviews)
- "Everyone is very helpful and friendly." (in 16 reviews)
- "Great work environment." (in 15 reviews)
- "All you do as an account manager is cold call people and try to get them to refi." (in 14 reviews)
- "The 401k match could also be a little better, but this will improve as the company grows in the future" (in 11 reviews)
- "The benefits could be improved" (in 11 reviews)
- "This is a commission only position." (in 3 reviews)
- "Since then I know that the company has put better training programs in place." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Homeside Financial and is not affected by filters.
Found 34 of over 342 reviews
Updated Nov 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "benefit"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Feb 22, 2018Mortgage Loan OfficerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearColumbus, OH
Great environment to work in, management definitely notices when you're doing well. If you ever need any help there are a lot of resourceful people to help and answer your questions.
Benefits could be a little better1
- 2.0Oct 13, 2017Loan OfficerFormer Employee, more than 1 year
The insurance benefits are good.
There was no formal training program. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. They don't pay based on experience and after announcing the expansion in Ohio, lots of people in other states lost their jobs.1
- 5.0Jun 28, 2016UnderwriterCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearFairfax, VA
I love working here. Homeside encourages their employees to excel in what they do. The hours can be somewhat flexible allowing for a healthy work and family balance. Homeside believes that with great work, comes great reward. I have reaped the benefits of those rewards and continue to be inspired by the wonderful people around me.
I do not have any cons at the moment.1Homeside Financial Response8y
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear you are loving Homeside & hope you continue to be inspired by your peers & the Homeside culture!
- 4.0Feb 21, 2015Loan OfficerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
They have exceeded my expectations in almost every way. The training and support has been simply awesome! My manager has worked with my closely to help me get off to a strong start. The leads are really good, they company provides them and there are more than we can handle in fact the only time I ever see management get frustrated is when we are missing leads which happens because we cant keep up. I enjoy coming to work, and the people I work with are fun people. Its an enjoyable place to work with the opportunity to make a good income. I cant ask for much more than that!
There are a few, nothing major. The computer software we use to take leads has a lot of technical issues and causes us to miss/drop leads sometimes which can be frustrating. I was told they are working on this, but it still seems to be an issue currently. Benefits just got a little more expensive. Office is growing quickly and getting full, the fridge has no room and there are not enough seats in the kitchen for everyone to eat lunch. That's it.1
- 5.0Nov 6, 2015Loan ProcessorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearColumbus, OH
I have been in the mortgage business for over 25 years and I can honestly say that this is a standout company. You are not treated as a number, you are treated almost like family. You receive constant recognition from peers and management and everyone is genuinely valued. They truly care about their employees and the company itself is one well-oiled machine.
I'm hoping that in the near future that more affordable benefits along with the addition of life insurance will become available.4Homeside Financial Response9y
We promise that any changes we make will be for the better! Thanks for taking the time to share your review.
- 5.0Nov 12, 2015Senior Loan OfficerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearColumbus, OH
This is a FUN company to work for! I work in the Columbus, OH office but it has a Silicon Valley startup feel to it. Its a fast paced environment and you can feel the buzz in the air daily. I'm excited to come to work every day and even more excited to see where working here can lead as far as my career. Some other things I like about the company is the level of professionalism exhibited from the top down and how welcoming and friendly everyone has been. There seems to be a real sense of teamwork and "we are all in this together" culture. The management has been very supportive and the training is great. The leads are excellent and their relationships with local realtors is great. The operational support staff has been great to! Overall, I couldn't ask for a better experience with a new employer.
Office is a little to packed with people and cubicles. We need more space to grow but I have heard that is in the works. Because its so packed the work environment gets loud. Benefits are just OK. Health insurance is UHC and which I don't really like and its a little pricey if you have a family.4Homeside Financial Response9y
This is great feedback for management. We absolutely are looking for more ways to give back to our team, so these are great suggestions. I promise you that as the company grows, so will your benefits!
- 5.0Feb 22, 2018Loan OfficerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
- Awesome office, filled with people who are hungry to succeed. - Management is helpful and willing to listen at all times. - Excellent operations team. - Good compensation and flexibility. - Company-wide happy hours every month. - Performance based prizes and contests. - The opportunity to grow and be promoted is definitely there.
- The leads we call aren't the best at times. - Some of the bonus structures are also not that great. - The benefits package including 401k match could be a lot better.1
- 5.0May 19, 2017Senior Loan OfficerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
I have found hat Homeside has a very well defined advancement path. The employees and management are incredibly knowledgeable about the industry. Management is always willing to step in and help at the drop of a dime. The company is also very innovative in what they do in the industry and promote an upbeat culture. Overall a great company and group of people. Can't see myself anywhere else at the moment.
Health benefits and 401k are not very good. Company is growing at a really fast pace and it is effecting management's ability to be hands on.2
- 5.0Aug 22, 2017Loan OfficerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearColumbus, OH
- Amazing company culture. - Great training helps you get up to speed quick in the mortgage industry. - Progressive management team who are always willing to listen to new ideas and implement new practices if they benefit the employees and our clients. - Growing like crazy, the opportunity to grow within the company is great. - Homeside does a great job of providing you with all the tools you need to succeed.
- Long hours. - If you want to be successful you need to be willing to put in time outside of the office.1Homeside Financial Response7y
Thanks for the review! We are glad you are starting your career at Homeside!
- 5.0Feb 23, 2018Account ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNew Albany, OH
Fun work environment, management wants to see you grow and maximize your potential
The benefits could be improved1