Homeside Financial Employee Reviews about "favoritism"
80% would recommend to a friend
(5 total reviews)
95% approve of CEO
Found 5 of over 342 reviews
Updated Nov 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The culture is amazing and is constantly making it enjoyable to work at the company!!" (in 37 reviews)
- "The people were great to work with and always willing to help each other." (in 27 reviews)
- "Management is great with teaching and pushing account managers to be their very best" (in 21 reviews)
- "Everyone is very helpful and friendly." (in 16 reviews)
- "The personalized training for Loan Officers was also amazing." (in 15 reviews)
- "All you do as an account manager is cold call people and try to get them to refi." (in 13 reviews)
- "401k match isn't great." (in 11 reviews)
- "The benefits could be improved" (in 9 reviews)
- "This is a commission only position." (in 3 reviews)
- "Since then I know that the company has put better training programs in place." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Homeside Financial and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "favoritism"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Jan 27, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearColumbus, OH
There are some truly great people that work at Homeside. It is a fun environment for the most part, there are frequent happy hours and catered lunch. They pay for licensing and training. Always hiring because turnover is so high.
Very high turnover. Its easy to be ranked a best place to work when management 'encourages' everyone to write their reviews while on the clock, with your manager standing over your shoulder. The truth is there is very little honesty from the first interview until your last day. They're salesmen, its their job to sell you on the company and the position and tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door. Pricing is terrible, and you will lose a lot of deals due to it. Benefits aren't great and neither is pay and commission structure. The Account Manager position that you are required to start in is basically telemarketing and making close to 300 cold calls daily. Also the timeline to become a Loan Officer is triple what they will actually tell you. Its closer to 6 months, not 60 days. A lot of favoritism and they reward all of the wrong people. If you came over with them from American Bank, you are treated much better than everyone else and will always be given priority. The quality of leads that they have been purchasing has declined, and management throws a fit when production declines due to it. Be prepared to be given dirty looks by your manager every time you leave your seat. They want you on the phones from 8:59am to 6:01pm. If you aren't a top producer they really do not care about you.17
- 5.0Mar 17, 2016Account ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearColumbus, OH
The people here are great, it's always a fun day interacting with co-workers. The office in general has a very positive, up-beat vibe that contributes to the atmosphere of success. There are consistent incentives from management to help keep us focused. The hours are pretty great. The company happy hours are always a good time. There is a lot of dedication to the corporate culture here.
The pay structure needs revamping. The tiered incentive system leaves many account managers, who contribute to the company in a real way, un-compensated. The 401k match is lackluster at best. In addition, steps need to be made in regards to management's transparency. Certain managers are unresponsive to emails and there seems to be quite a bit of favoritism.2
- 2.0May 19, 2017AnonymousFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCleveland, OH
Office culture and great people to work with make coming to work easy.
Too many instances of favoritism, back stabbing, and lies to list here. Nothing is ever what it appears to be. Working hard and being dedicated will not save your job if you don't/won't participate in office politics or become a suck up. If you came with them from the very start of Homeside you may be treated better.2
- 1.0Aug 24, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Great systems, nice co-workers, nice space
Rates, Mgmt, FavoritismHomeside Financial Response7y
We appreciate your feedback. We are always striving to improve in all aspects of Homeside. We provide multiple avenues for our employees to express their concerns, including our open door policy, Human Resources, employee opinion surveys and multiple touch bases during our employee's first few months on the team.
- 5.0Feb 23, 2018Loan OfficerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNew Albany, OH
Incredible work culture and atmosphere! In my short time here I have met some people that I already include among my closest friends. I have also been put in a position to pursue career goals I never even considered for myself before Homeside.
The only con I can really point to are some signs of favoritism. I have seen some instances where a group of employees were in the same position as far as achievements and where they were in their Homeside careers but one or two employees seemed to get an opportunity to accelerate their paths without clear reasoning or explanation.2