Homeside Financial Employee Reviews about "management"
80% would recommend to a friend
(83 total reviews)
95% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Finance
5 hours ago
Senior Financial Analyst
I found myself in the job market after a layoff in March and have been diligently looking for new opportunities since. With a solid six-year background as a Senior Financial Analyst and Consultant, complemented by PMP and Scrum Master certifications, I bring a wealth of expertise to the table. However, the current job market is notably competitive. I’m curious if others are experiencing similar challenges in finding employment.
21 minutes ago
Investment Banking Analyst
Currently at Fidelity in entry level workplace planning associate working on my series 7. Have a job opportunity at UBS as a developmental financial advisor. My dream is to move to investment banking. Do I take UBS offer? I’m single 23 and don’t mind moving
Got a burning question about Homeside Financial? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Homeside Financial employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The culture here is great." (in 40 reviews)
- "The people were great to work with and always willing to help each other." (in 27 reviews)
- "Management is great with teaching and pushing account managers to be their very best" (in 18 reviews)
- "Everyone is very helpful and friendly." (in 16 reviews)
- "Great work environment." (in 15 reviews)
- "All you do as an account manager is cold call people and try to get them to refi." (in 14 reviews)
- "The 401k match could also be a little better, but this will improve as the company grows in the future" (in 11 reviews)
- "The benefits could be improved" (in 11 reviews)
- "This is a commission only position." (in 3 reviews)
- "Since then I know that the company has put better training programs in place." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Homeside Financial and is not affected by filters.
Found 83 of over 342 reviews
Updated Nov 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "management"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jan 30, 2015Loan ProcessorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearColumbus, OH
Underwriters are in the office and willing to work with us to get the files cleared to close. It is a team environment. Management will listen when you have a suggestion on how to improve the process flow.
It's still a new company so we are working towards perfecting the process, but like I said above the management is always willing to try new things to improve.4
- 5.0Dec 31, 2014Senior Loan OfficerCurrent EmployeeColumbus, OH
I joined Homeside early in its creation and worked through its challenging start and early kinks. This allowed me to observe the character and dedication of the leaders of the company first hand. The company has clearly defined goals and the management is active in working towards them. This close nit atmosphere paired with rapid growth allows for individuals specific talents to be matched with new opportunities. Managements commitment and the opportunity for growth make Homeside an exciting place to work!
Homeside is not a well known name, yet.4
- 5.0May 22, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearColumbus, OH
Great work environment. Growth. Training. Open door policy with upper management. I've never had an issue with suggesting things with my direct manager, their manager and even their manager. I recall speaking with the person who interviewed me and they asked 'What do you want in a company' I answered to not just be a number or an employee. I tend to think of co-workers as an additional family. In the short time I have been with Homeside I feel more respected and acknowledged than my previous company of 3 years. So the answer I received from the manager interviewing me was correct and I have never felt I have been lied to from management. They truly care about your success.
There isn't anything truly that any regular company doesn't have other than growing pains.1
- 5.0Jun 29, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Great work environment and culture. Love the people I work with and management communicates with lower level employees in a very helpful way. Also really like how the company is actively looking to promote people.
Being a newer company, the software sometimes brings issues, but those kinks are slowly being worked out. Basically, we just need more Loan Officers, which can actually be looked at as a good thing.1Homeside Financial Response8y
Thank you for your review - we will continue to make great strides in the area of software updates. We love adding new loan officers to our team & growing the brand!
- 1.0May 11, 2017Mortgage Loan OfficerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearCleveland, OH
Friday hours were 9-4.
The management at Homeside Financial is an absolute joke. They posses zero leadership qualities and structure. In the 2 months I was employed by Homeside a 15 person branch was shut down and closed overnight while Branch manager was in Cancun. The management continued to pass the buck and say they had no idea what was going on and it was not their decision. Management did not accept responsibility and would rather terminate 15 people instead of increase production. This company will slit your throat at any moment and not think twice about it.11
- 5.0Nov 6, 2015Account ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearColumbus, OH
Great atmosphere and great people. Makes coming to work everyday a joy instead of a chore. Management is great with teaching and pushing account managers to be their very best
Velocify dialer system can be a hassle and pain at times. also noise cancelers should be placed in the account manager section of the office, not just the loan officer side3Homeside Financial Response8y
Thank you for the feedback. We continually strive for ways to improve our systems; Velocify is one that we will continue to enhance and improve.
- 5.0Aug 22, 2017Loan OfficerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearColumbus, OH
- Amazing company culture. - Great training helps you get up to speed quick in the mortgage industry. - Progressive management team who are always willing to listen to new ideas and implement new practices if they benefit the employees and our clients. - Growing like crazy, the opportunity to grow within the company is great. - Homeside does a great job of providing you with all the tools you need to succeed.
- Long hours. - If you want to be successful you need to be willing to put in time outside of the office.1Homeside Financial Response7y
Thanks for the review! We are glad you are starting your career at Homeside!
- 5.0May 19, 2017Senior Loan OfficerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
I have found hat Homeside has a very well defined advancement path. The employees and management are incredibly knowledgeable about the industry. Management is always willing to step in and help at the drop of a dime. The company is also very innovative in what they do in the industry and promote an upbeat culture. Overall a great company and group of people. Can't see myself anywhere else at the moment.
Health benefits and 401k are not very good. Company is growing at a really fast pace and it is effecting management's ability to be hands on.2
- 4.0Feb 7, 2017IT Support AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearColumbus, OH
As a working professional with about 15 years in a corporate environment, I truly believe that there are so many things that Homeside does right. The number one thing that stands out is recognition. Homeside encourages employees to promote each other through various avenues including our 'shout out' board in our Intranet, monthly contests, yearly awards and more! Homeside even initiated a mentor-ship program as well as a 'Path' program that focuses on promoting employees within the organization. Management knows what they are doing and are constantly looking for ways improve by seeking employee feedback. Speaking from a personal level, I recently had a baby and once I returned to work, I was welcomed back with open arms. I received many hugs and I actually looked forward to coming back to work! Not many new mommy's can say this :) I highly recommend this positive environment to everyone!
When it rains, the parking lot has too many puddles :)1Homeside Financial Response7y
Congrats on your new little one! We are glad to have you here - and we 100% agree with the parking lot puddles. Can we at least make it better by providing you with a Homeside branded umbrella?
- 5.0May 24, 2017Account ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearColumbia, MD
Clear guidelines are set to advance through the company, they are challenging but obtainable with hard work. They also allow a lot of freedom to learn your way that you won't find in larger more rigidly structured corporations. The management is also very competent and helpful along the way
You get off at 6 - 630 so if you live in the city like I do you will never be able to find parking4