Found 71 of over 342 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The culture is amazing and is constantly making it enjoyable to work at the company!!" (in 37 reviews)
- "The people were great to work with and always willing to help each other." (in 27 reviews)
- "Management is great with teaching and pushing account managers to be their very best" (in 21 reviews)
- "Everyone is very helpful and friendly." (in 16 reviews)
- "The personalized training for Loan Officers was also amazing." (in 15 reviews)
- "All you do as an account manager is cold call people and try to get them to refi." (in 13 reviews)
- "401k match isn't great." (in 11 reviews)
- "The benefits could be improved" (in 9 reviews)
- "This is a commission only position." (in 3 reviews)
- "Since then I know that the company has put better training programs in place." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Homeside Financial and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "people"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Feb 23, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
The culture and support system is what makes this place great. People are always helping each other out and trying to make each other great.
Some of the software systems can be difficult to learn how to use.1
- 3.0Sep 21, 2016Anonymous InternFormer Intern
Easy going, young, fun work environment. Try to help educate you as much as possible.
All you do as an account manager is cold call people and try to get them to refi. 9-6 work days on the phone nonstop.1Homeside Financial Response8y
Thank you for your review! This advice has been sent over to our account management leadership team! We apologize for the tedious nature of the job but are glad you felt the impact of the contact education that we try to provide to build our future Loan Officers and leaders!
- 5.0Jun 29, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Great work environment and culture. Love the people I work with and management communicates with lower level employees in a very helpful way. Also really like how the company is actively looking to promote people.
Being a newer company, the software sometimes brings issues, but those kinks are slowly being worked out. Basically, we just need more Loan Officers, which can actually be looked at as a good thing.1Homeside Financial Response8y
Thank you for your review - we will continue to make great strides in the area of software updates. We love adding new loan officers to our team & growing the brand!
- 1.0May 11, 2017Mortgage Loan OfficerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearCleveland, OH
Friday hours were 9-4.
The management at Homeside Financial is an absolute joke. They posses zero leadership qualities and structure. In the 2 months I was employed by Homeside a 15 person branch was shut down and closed overnight while Branch manager was in Cancun. The management continued to pass the buck and say they had no idea what was going on and it was not their decision. Management did not accept responsibility and would rather terminate 15 people instead of increase production. This company will slit your throat at any moment and not think twice about it.11
- 5.0Apr 1, 2016Senior Loan ProcessorCurrent EmployeeColumbus, OH
My experience so far has been great. I feel I have support from all departments and people are genuinely interested in getting things done and closing loans. The system is very user friendly and easy to learn.
Nothing I can think of at this time.1
- 5.0Jun 28, 2016UnderwriterCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearFairfax, VA
I love working here. Homeside encourages their employees to excel in what they do. The hours can be somewhat flexible allowing for a healthy work and family balance. Homeside believes that with great work, comes great reward. I have reaped the benefits of those rewards and continue to be inspired by the wonderful people around me.
I do not have any cons at the moment.1Homeside Financial Response8y
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear you are loving Homeside & hope you continue to be inspired by your peers & the Homeside culture!
- 5.0Dec 27, 2014Loan OfficerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearColumbus, OH
Earning opportunity is great, the average pay for the employees is toward the top of the industry spectrum especially for the sales positions which is what I do. The hours are reasonable, its roughly a 40 hour work week. The atmosphere is simply perfect. High energy, fun, professional but not to corporate, company sponsored after work gatherings and happy hours are abundant. The leadership knows their stuff and they have significant experience in this industry. There is a LOT of ongoing training for the sales people and leads are high quality/ plentiful. The support staff is top notch. Benefits are good, direct deposit is available, and paid time off is available. During my onboarding the staff was very helpful, friendly, and made a great first impression.
They are still a newer company so the branding still a work in progress which means many clients haven't heard of us before. This should improve though as time goes on since they hired additional marketing staff to help to brand the company.4
- 5.0Dec 29, 2014Mortgage Loan OfficerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearColumbus, OH
This company has a ton of young professionals that are eager to learn and make money. I have never worked for a more positive and fun group of people and it's probably because everyone is making money and working hard. I would recommend this company to everyone. It is growing fast!
401K match could be better3
- 4.0Mar 24, 2016Account ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearColumbus, OH
I really enjoy the togetherness and atmosphere this company has established. The people I work with here are excellent and driven. I look forward to coming into work to compete against each other, but at the end of the day we are all working towards one common goal. That is to win and be successful in the mortgage industry
Our company could improve its organization and the bonus structure1
- 4.0Jun 7, 2022Mortgage Loan Officer AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearFrisco, TX
Decent culture and can reach upper management if needed
Hired too many people then when the market got rough they laid a bunch of people off