Homeside Financial "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Homeside Financial Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Oct 17, 2018

4.4
Homeside Financial CEO Michael Baynes
Michael Baynes
Pros
Cons
  • "Training in the account Manager position could be improved but wasn't terrible(in 16 reviews)

• "The benefits package including 401k match could be a lot better(in 16 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Account manager"

Former Intern - Account Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Homeside Financial for less than a year

Pros

Really fun work environment Good pay

Cons

There are no cons to homeside

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management

Homeside Financial2018-10-18

"Loan Processor"

I worked at Homeside Financial full-time

Pros

Good work environment, will train new processors

Cons

work load for the pay is not worth it. Commission is on a tier system so depending on time of year commission may be scarce

Advice to Management

raise base salary

Homeside Financial2018-08-30

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Homeside Financial part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly Employees, Comfortable work environment, Easy Commute

Cons

Occasional Building Issues and Elevator mishaps

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Homeside Financial2018-05-24

"Homeside Financial"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work environment is upbeat and fun. The managers go out of their way to make sure you are excelling and meeting the daily and monthly goals. The career path in this company is clear and attainable with hard work and dedication.

Cons

Some days can seem longer than usual, but that goes with any sales job. You are expected to work at least one Saturday a month which can throw a wrench in some plans. Day to day is always the same so you can wear yourself out and become bored of your job if you're not driven.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing! The work atmosphere and culture here are what separate Homeside from the other companies.

Homeside Financial2018-05-22

"Stayed true to my interview"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment. Growth. Training. Open door policy with upper management. I've never had an issue with suggesting things with my direct manager, their manager and even their manager. I recall speaking with the person who interviewed me and they asked "What do you want in a company" I answered to not just be a number or an employee. I tend to think of co-workers as an additional family. In the short time I... have been with Homeside I feel more respected and acknowledged than my previous company of 3 years. So the answer I received from the manager interviewing me was correct and I have never felt I have been lied to from management. They truly care about your success.

Cons

There isn't anything truly that any regular company doesn't have other than growing pains.

Advice to Management

I would try and get back to the P.A.T.H. sessions and seeing where people actually would like to go within the company and help them map out a plan and a time table of where they should be and what to do to achieve certain positions/status'

Homeside Financial2018-05-23

"GREAT Work Environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work environment at Homeside is one of a kind, it is rare to find a company who values their employees as much as they do. The first day I started here everyone was so kind and welcoming, I felt like I fit right in. They take pride in providing the appropriate resources and tools to train their employees. I was trained/mentored by some wonderful people who made it easier for me to do my job efficiently! One of... the biggest perks I've noticed at Homeside, is that you aren't "stuck" in a position forever. If you feel that you want a change, they are more than happy to work with you to allow a change in position. You are always learning new things here, which I think is very important. At Homeside we have office happy hours once a month, which I think do a great job at getting everyone together outside of the office to build and strengthen not only work relationships but also friendships! I am amazed at what Homeside offers and am so happy to be a part of such a great team and growing company!

Cons

Their benefits are great, except I do think the 401K match could be a little better.

Advice to Management

I think for every new-hire position, that new-hire should receive a mentor to shadow, as well as helping train them in succeeding in their new position. I think everyone learns differently, whether that is hands-on, verbally, visually, etc. I think it's important to have some type of mentor to help ease the transition for the new-hire for the first week or two!

Homeside Financial2018-05-17

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced and fun work environment, encouraging staff to let everyone feel motivated and competitive at the same time.

Cons

As Account Managers work can become repetitive, although does benefit ones' people speaking skills for the future.

Advice to Management

Focus more on each employee's current obstacles and hardships, offer help/advise to make sure they come to work to preform their best.

Homeside Financial2018-03-13

"A great company to work for"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun work environment, management wants to see you grow and maximize your potential

Cons

The benefits could be improved

Advice to Management

Keep it up, keep the positive, engaging, and open environment going!

Homeside Financial2018-02-23
  9. "Homeside Financial"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, fun people. Benefits are easy and lots of upward movement within the company based on performance.

Cons

Strict hours, and as an entry level worker you will be asked to perform full work duties and also train for licensing (which is quite difficult).

Advice to Management

Please allow more integration of studying and training for new role while in the Account Manager position.

Homeside Financial2018-02-23
  10. "Homeside Financial"

Current Employee - Mortgage Closer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Homeside Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relaxed work environment, good management, friendly people, understanding, promote from within, free lunch, fun happy hours lol

Cons

Not good training, they promote from within but are not persistent with training. TRAINING SUCKS! They expect you to beg, and beg in order to move up the ladder.

Advice to Management

Work on their training, especially when they are trying to move people up the ladder.

Homeside Financial2018-02-16