Homesite Group Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2020

3.3
Homesite Group CEO Fabian Fondriest (no image)
Fabian Fondriest
  1. Featured Review

"Claims Adjuster"

Current Employee - Claims in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Homesite Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place for growth, training and level of attention from my manager is great, I really like my coworkers and they do a good job trying to make the office a fun place to work. I view change as a good thing and it seems like the company is not afraid to make changes that can improve the operation.

Cons

Very fast pace Have to be comfortable with change and challenges

Homesite Group Response

October 3, 2019Corporate Communications

Thank you for this candid feedback!

2. "Homesite - rewards and empowers its employees"

Current Employee - Bilingual Licensed Customer Solutions Agent in Akron, OH

I have been working at Homesite Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

work perks, lots of PTO, full benefits starting day 1, top performer all inclusive free trips, perk points, pizza mondays, cake first fridays, taco tuesdays, monthly bonuses very achievable.

Cons

working 1 saturday per month (however you do get a day off during the week to compensate for the saturday worked)

3. "Great place to start a career in tech!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Homesite Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work to family life balance. Team is very diverse and intelligent. Lots of work life engagement activities. Work from home highly encouraged. HR team handled business really well from the start. Within a week of accepting an offer, I was given a company computer, dual monitors and full remote setup. The company uses a modern technology stack. Onboarding was easy, but slow. Lots of documentation and friendly engineers on the team to get answers to questions!

Cons

Benefits are good, could be better!

4. "Great company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Product Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Homesite Group full-time

Pros

Great company. Management cares about the workers. If you want to grow, that is the company to work for.

Cons

None at this point, company is working extremely hard to make sure every feels welcomed.

"Excellent fundamentals with start-up-like culture"

Current Employee - Auditor

I have been working at Homesite Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Engaging, start-up-like culture - Casual dress (e.g., jeans, t-shirts) - Excellent work/life balance - Pension plan, 401k match and gym reimbursement

Cons

- Synergies with parent corp and sister companies feel limited - Rapid growth can sometimes hinder or limit relationship building - Name recognition

"Who you know is important"

I worked at Homesite Group full-time

Pros

This is an okay company to work for.

Cons

Profit is the most important thing. Not the employees.

"Unsupported Work Environment"

Former Employee - Product Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Homesite Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can get a job here because there is so much turnover.

Cons

The product/pricing team had the highest turn over in the company. HR did a survey to figure out what was going wrong but didn't change a thing. They didn't really care. I felt overworked and like I had no support. When I was given a difficult assignment there was no one to help me. Asking for help only got me into trouble.

8. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Field Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Homesite Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are empowered, valued and appreciated. We take care of our customers.

Cons

Pay needs to be adjusted.

"Not welcoming to disabled"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Homesite Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent starting pay. Benefits. Predictable work hours in claims adjusting. If you're looking for a job role that lacks excitement and stimulation, this is it.

Cons

Company is NOT inclusive or welcoming of people who have disabilities. I really wish I would have read Glassdoor ahead of time before leaving a good paying job where I had friends and appropriate ADA accommodations to come to Homesite. Like many modern companies, they like to tout employee satisfaction, work life balance and a diverse workforce. Unfortunately, the shiny HR advertisements are as far as these promises go. Shortly after asking for very simple ADA accommodations in the workplace, I went from being a vocally praised, allegedly valuable member of the team, to terminated with no verifiable reason. A long explanation of the details may or may not convince the reader, but if you are disabled and a prospective applicant, here's what matters: I've been disabled my whole life, and I've experienced disability discrimination my whole life. If you are a person of similar status, you also know from learned experience how to tell when you're being discriminated against. This company wants able bodied employees they can wring out for every last drop. When you're spent, they will hang you out to dry and feel no remorse. Employees are disposable to them. Read the other reviews. Heed them. Take it to heart if you are differently abled, have a family to care for, or just a human being. Homesite is not the place for you to thrive.

Continue reading

"The good and bad"

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Elmhurst, IL

I worked at Homesite Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You have freedom to delvelop your own growth plan and express your opinion openly

Cons

American family purchase has hurt moral since they have started plantimg there own best in employees in homesite leadership positions

Continue reading