Hometown America Reviews | Glassdoor

Stephen Braun and Pat Zilis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Associate"

I have been working at Hometown America full-time

Pros

The people at Hometown are empathetic, positive, and highly intelligent individuals who make coming to work enjoyable and rewarding. The company is firing on all cylinders and growing at a steady pace, overall it is a great place to be.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Hometown America Response

Sep 7, 2017 – Human Resources Generalist

Hometown America appreciates the time you took in providing a review. We all strive to provide the best service to see the company succeed. Thanks for your hard work.

2. "Recepionist"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hometown America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working here for a year now and everyone has been a pleasure to work with. HTA is a great company to work for !

Cons

The only downside that i can say are the long hours at times. It would be nice to leave work early on Fridays.

Advice to Management

The Management team has been nothing but positive and great! They all work very hard and deserve to leave on Fridays early as well :)

Hometown America Response

Sep 7, 2017 – Human Resources Generalist

Hometown America appreciates the time you took in providing a review. We will take your your advice into consideration. Thanks for being part of our team.

3. "Amazing Company Culture!"

Current Employee - Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hometown America (More than a year)

Pros

Whether you are looking at the Operations team or the Sales Department or the Maintenance staff...this organization is filled with hard working, passionate and caring people. The company is filled with a "can-do" and "let's make things better" attitude and it seems like everyone works together to accomplish the mission--which is to improve the lives of both it's employees and residents.

Cons

Compared to other places I have worked, Hometown just does not have any "cons" worth mentioning--seriously!

Advice to Management

Keep protecting your company culture with new hires.

4. "Associate"

I have been working at Hometown America full-time

Pros

Good company culture and work environment, everyone is very helpful and receptive. Environment facilitates high productivity without making you work insane hours.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. Only positive attributes come to mind.

Advice to Management

No advice necessary. Company is run extremely well.

5. "Best company I have worked with"

Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Hometown America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great regional and corporate leadership. They listen to feedback and are open to community management's ideas. They are always looking for ways to improve and they do their best to help us take care of our residents.

Cons

I really do not have any cons that have prevented me from being able to do my job effectively. Sometimes it can be hard to get away from your work when you live on-site but that's just part of the job.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have a total company meeting instead of just by region so we could meet managers in other areas and more of the corporate team.

"Great culture, approachable management."

I have been working at Hometown America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You have the resources and support to do your job and management is open to feedback and suggestions. Inclusive environment. Management cares about the employees and strives to do the right thing with people in mind (not just the bottom line) when making decisions.

Cons

It would be nice to see a little more communication from management on company strategy, goals and progress. They share this at meetings with managers but I would like to see something that can be shared with all employees more easily.

"Community Manager"

Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Hometown America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working with some great people who take pride in the properties that they work at; upper management believes that helping employees with needed time off for family is very important; ability to move to other properties, whether in the same state or different state; people at corporate are eager to help us out at the property level.

Cons

Feel that you can't always resolve issues with people you work with who are either at the same level or upper level with the help of HR. Better cohesiveness between sales and management when both are different positions at the property. The pay for office assistants & maintenance is not always great and we have a tendency to not be able to get good help.

Advice to Management

Better pay to get better people especially support staff at properties.

8. "Great Leadership!"

Pros

The benefits and compensation were top percent of comparable companies.

Cons

Traveled frequently yet they reimbursed all expenses.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

9. "excellent!"

Pros

best job I ever had

Cons

None that I can think of!

10. "Nice Place to Work"

I have been working at Hometown America full-time

Pros

Nice and friendly co-workers. Flexible scheduling. Small company but growing! The Chicago office has a happy hour once a month. They also care about the health of the employees, so they offer different health challenges and rewards for participation. Employees in the community offices are friendly and seem to enjoy working with each other.

Cons

Nothing drastically bad. Some people in the office have certain days to work from home. We have the technical capability to do so, at least the folks that work in corporate. It would be nice if everyone had that option whose duties allow for it, especially with the rising costs of commuting. Growth, consistent training, & employee evaluations seem be lacking also.

Advice to Management

Communication to the employees about the strategy and goals for the company is lacking. Monthly or quarterly meetings/emails or something would be a good start. Also, because the company is growing it would be good to implement some type of project management practice to make sure projects get done correctly, on time, and on budget. This is true whether they be acquisitions or technical.