Hometown America Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 21, 2019

4.2
Stephen Braun and Pat Zilis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I feel like a valuable contributor to my community, region and the company. Wonderful experience."

Current Employee - Community Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hometown America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture, leadership and collaboration are phenomenal. I receive support and know that I have a group of people willing to work with me to take care of our residents and community. I know that my contributions are appreciated. It’s been a great experience.

Cons

We are spread out so it can be difficult to network with colleagues. I would like more opportunities to get together with others in the region or even nationally.

"A company who really cares and invests in there employees!!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Antioch, CA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Antioch, CA

I have been working at Hometown America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I must say that after having had a success career in multi-family housing, I had no clue whatsoever that I would literally fall in love with the manufacturer home industry. Since I’ve been employed by Hometown America, the company has been extremely supportive (from Executive Management to Regional Property Management and their assistants) and have shown that they really invest in their hardworking and devoted employees. They allow their Community Managers the opportunity to actually manage and take charge of their assets without micromanaging. As with any seasoned and loyal Community Manager, very seldom do you find this with other management companies but with Hometown America you are in charge of your communities and the company definitely rewards their employees for their dedication and hard work. I fit in with this organization and I’m so glad that I’ve been welcomed into the Hometown America family.

Cons

Because the company is growing and they are recruiting professionals with multi-family experience and bringing on board employees who have worked for larger management companies, I think that the company may want to consider developing and implementing company wide procedural manuals that would walk all of their employees through steps on how to effectively perform functions pertaining to each individual role. In doing so, this allows employees to have tools and resources available to make them more efficient and comfortable with there roles with the company which in returns creates more productivity and profits for the organization.

I’m so happy to see the growth of this company and how we are trending into becoming the most sought after and desired manufacturer home company to work for. In saying so, I think that it is time to update our company website. We are standing out more and are attracting the right people into our organization. With a fresh and trendy website, it would put our organization on the map more as it relates to gaining more credibility and targeting a much wider audience which keeps customers and team members more informed.

Advice to Management

Please don’t ever stop investing in your employees. I believe that the success and reputation of this company has been built around it along with operational excellence and respect.

May 23, 2018 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for taking the time in providing this great review and feedback. We appreciate employee suggestions and are in the process of updating our training manual. If you have additional... More

3. "Outstanding Company"

I have been working at Hometown America full-time

Pros

This is a company that truly cares about their employees. Benefits are great, pay is great...I cannot say enough!

Cons

No cons to speak of.

"Associate"

I have been working at Hometown America full-time

Pros

The people at Hometown are empathetic, positive, and highly intelligent individuals who make coming to work enjoyable and rewarding. The company is firing on all cylinders and growing at a steady pace, overall it is a great place to be.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Sep 7, 2017 – Human Resources Generalist

Hometown America appreciates the time you took in providing a review. We all strive to provide the best service to see the company succeed. Thanks for your hard work.

5. "Recepionist"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hometown America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working here for a year now and everyone has been a pleasure to work with. HTA is a great company to work for !

Cons

The only downside that i can say are the long hours at times. It would be nice to leave work early on Fridays.

Advice to Management

The Management team has been nothing but positive and great! They all work very hard and deserve to leave on Fridays early as well :)

Sep 7, 2017 – Human Resources Generalist

Hometown America appreciates the time you took in providing a review. We will take your your advice into consideration. Thanks for being part of our team.

6. "Amazing Company Culture!"

Current Employee - Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hometown America (More than a year)

Pros

Whether you are looking at the Operations team or the Sales Department or the Maintenance staff...this organization is filled with hard working, passionate and caring people. The company is filled with a "can-do" and "let's make things better" attitude and it seems like everyone works together to accomplish the mission--which is to improve the lives of both it's employees and residents.

Cons

Compared to other places I have worked, Hometown just does not have any "cons" worth mentioning--seriously!

Advice to Management

Keep protecting your company culture with new hires.

7. "Associate"

I have been working at Hometown America full-time

Pros

Good company culture and work environment, everyone is very helpful and receptive. Environment facilitates high productivity without making you work insane hours.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. Only positive attributes come to mind.

Advice to Management

No advice necessary. Company is run extremely well.

8. "Best company I have worked with"

I have been working at Hometown America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great regional and corporate leadership. They listen to feedback and are open to community management's ideas. They are always looking for ways to improve and they do their best to help us take care of our residents.

Cons

I really do not have any cons that have prevented me from being able to do my job effectively. Sometimes it can be hard to get away from your work when you live on-site but that's just part of the job.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have a total company meeting instead of just by region so we could meet managers in other areas and more of the corporate team.

"Great culture, approachable management."

I have been working at Hometown America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You have the resources and support to do your job and management is open to feedback and suggestions. Inclusive environment. Management cares about the employees and strives to do the right thing with people in mind (not just the bottom line) when making decisions.

Cons

It would be nice to see a little more communication from management on company strategy, goals and progress. They share this at meetings with managers but I would like to see something that can be shared with all employees more easily.

"Community Manager"

Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Hometown America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working with some great people who take pride in the properties that they work at; upper management believes that helping employees with needed time off for family is very important; ability to move to other properties, whether in the same state or different state; people at corporate are eager to help us out at the property level.

Cons

Feel that you can't always resolve issues with people you work with who are either at the same level or upper level with the help of HR. Better cohesiveness between sales and management when both are different positions at the property. The pay for office assistants & maintenance is not always great and we have a tendency to not be able to get good help.

Advice to Management

Better pay to get better people especially support staff at properties.