KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Homeward Residential Reviews

Updated Jan 12, 2022

Found 136 of over 136 reviews

3.1
Homeward Residential Interim CEO John V. Britti (no image)
John V. Britti
Pros
  • "I recently was hired to be a loan officer at homeward but didn't pass the required federel exam needed to stay employd(in 12 reviews)

• "Good work environment, team leader are good and supportive(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "22 states don't allow business due to CFPB/Ocwen legal matters(in 14 reviews)

• "Great technology would make Homeward perfect(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

Former Employee, more than 8 years

Best Place to Work

Apr 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

You Learn the Financial Aspects involved in Home Loan Lending

Cons

None which i found while working

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Decent

Jul 29, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Allentown, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They were fair paid within the work load Made us work long hours on weekends

Cons

No work life balance Turn over was extremely high No room for growth Management didn’t help

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company

Mar 12, 2021 - Business Analyst in Honolulu, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

it's good to work here

Cons

none to address here now

4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Company Review

Nov 20, 2020 - Compensatory Fees Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with and for

Cons

Size of the company was a Con

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

very good company with good salary

Jan 8, 2018 - Loan Officer in West Palm Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I recently was hired to be a loan officer at homeward but didn't pass the required federel exam needed to stay employd. I am new to the mortgage industry and even though I didn't clear the exam I wanted to say they did such a grate job preparing me for my exam in less than 2 weeks I had so much training that I just barely missed passing the exam by one question. The managers, trainer and directer were verry involved with me daily and it was really apprecited. After I didnt clear the exam i knew i would not be able to continue working and was embarrassed that the company had spent so much time and money on me and i didn't make it so I didnt go back to the office. but I was impressed that the directer called me to encourage me to continue studying and said if I passed the test on my own in the future he would like to revisit my employment opportunity if positions were available once i passed. I have worked some really terrible sales jobs in the past and to have a base salary, benefits, leads and a leadership group that really cares about me was really impressive. I am determined to pass my test and get back there ASAP, this position seams really exciting. I dont want to let this guys down.

Cons

parking there was really strange but i got huse to it

Director, Talent

We love this enthusiasm! Please be sure to reach back out to us.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

I really enjoy working here

Jul 28, 2017 - Mortgage Loan Officer in West Palm Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked very hard for this company for over 8 years and always been rewarded for my efforts. Today I earned the largest commission check that I've ever received because Homeward makes the phone ring with quality mortgage leads every single day. They pay for all of the licensing costs once you are hired in a minimum of 15 states, that's thousands of dollars per year invested back in me. The management team is very supportive and always has my back no matter what. They lead by example and follow the values set forth by the company which makes me feel like a valuable and important part of this organization. This is the only leadership team here that I can say that about. If you don't want to be a team player, follow the rules and work really hard, this isn't the place for you. My kids will finish college with no debt because of what I earn here. 401k program is great with a nice match. And the coffee is good!

Cons

Technology is old, all of it. Hardware, software, and systems. Great technology would make Homeward perfect. Training department is scarce. Parking stinks.

Director, Talent

We’re so happy to hear that you’re finding your career with us both challenging and rewarding. We truly value your appreciation and all of the hard work you’ve done at Homeward over the years. We hope you look forward to your future with us as much as we do!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent place to work coming from a former and now current employee.

Sep 25, 2017 - Loan Originator in Addison, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having previously worked at Homeward, it seems like a lot of the previous issues have been eliminated. One of the main issues was processing turnaround time, which has gone from 60-90 days to 30-45 days. As a loan originator, that is a key element to your job and if it's taking 90 days to get a loan closed, you spend a lot of hand holding after awhile. The quicker processing times allow more time on the phones to sell and bigger paychecks. The compensation has improved as well. I've tested the waters and I am glad to be back. This is the best company I have worked for in the mortgage industry and highly recommend giving it a try, either for the first time or coming back and giving it another shot. You will be both happy and proud to work at Homeward Residential.

Cons

The systems could be faster, but they are working on that, so it's only a short-term con.

Human Resources

We appreciate you acknowledging our improvements as a company! We are happy and proud of the workplace we have created too!

8. 2.0
      Current Employee

Don't get a job here unless there's nothing else

Feb 16, 2012 -  in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supervisor and seniors are great and knowledgable Flexible hours Team building

Cons

Very big on outsourcing jobs. Many have been laid off and their jobs sent to india. Many jobs that you were hired for and have been doing are now being sent to india and they force you to be customer service reps or lay you off. They either do not have processes in place or the process doesn't work or make sense. Upper management doesn't listen to managers and people actually doing the job that would make the company money and everything run more smoothly. They run this place like a prison now no headphones, no cell phones. Actually told us you just need to be happy you have a job so shut up and do what you're told. Many other companies are hiring in this area paying more with more benefits and more perks. Don't worry if they stay on the track their on they will be bankrupct and shut down in a couple of years no matter what their name is.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ocwen purchased Homeward Residential and the layoffs began

Mar 19, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

co-workers - cutting edge technology (although that was probably not maintained after Homeward was acquired by Ocwen)

Cons

Outsourced jobs - business practices concerned me - I'm not bitter just sad for what could've been a good company. Vendors were not treated with respect or paid on time. Contractors who were in house and working quite a bit of overtime had to threaten to stop working entirely in order to get paid the over 2 months salary that was delayed. The company took money out of our checks for 401k but then delayed the deposit into our accounts. There were many examples of the business practices that concerned me but I choose not to list them all here. I especially felt bad for the call center employees who had to deal with the angry callers who felt their loans were not dealt with properly. I would see people crying because someone yelled at them or threatened their families. We all need to remember these people are only trying to support their families and they are not the people to lash out at. That job is stressful enough. All around I would not recommend the new Homeward Residential/Ocwen to anyone for any reason.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lots of good things going on here

Sep 18, 2018 - Loan Officer in Addison, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was nervous a few months ago with all the ledership changes and phh acquisition but now I see a clear direction and improvements from the marketing and sales people. no shortage of lead traffic. New managers and leders are making the difference an very open with us about were we headed. very nice to here that.

Cons

sometime the operations is a struggle, depends on who the prosessor is or uwer is to get my file thru but I believe the ledership is making the right changes to improve everything so just keep that going.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 136 Reviews

Homeward Residential Reviews FAQs

46% of Homeward Residential employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Homeward Residential 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Homeward Residential to be coworkers, benefits, compensation and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Homeward Residential Job Seekers