Homeward Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Gregory O'Connor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good Benefits and great management (in 3 reviews)

• The leadership team is constantly looking for ways to improve both production and morale on the sales floor (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Departments do not work well each other (in 2 reviews)

• I especially felt bad for the call center employees who had to deal with the angry callers who felt their loans were not dealt with properly (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent place to work coming from a former and now current employee."

Current Employee - Loan Originator in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Loan Originator in Addison, TX

I have been working at Homeward Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having previously worked at Homeward, it seems like a lot of the previous issues have been eliminated. One of the main issues was processing turnaround time, which has gone from 60-90 days to 30-45 days. As a loan originator, that is a key element to your job and if it's taking 90 days to get a loan closed, you spend a lot of hand holding after awhile. The quicker processing times allow more time on the phones to sell and bigger paychecks. The compensation has improved as well. I've tested the waters and I am glad to be back. This is the best company I have worked for in the mortgage industry and highly recommend giving it a try, either for the first time or coming back and giving it another shot. You will be both happy and proud to work at Homeward Residential.

Cons

The systems could be faster, but they are working on that, so it's only a short-term con.

Advice to Management

Keep making this a great place to work. I believe the word of mouth will continue to spread and I know a lot of people who left are wanting to come back.

2. "Good place to work"

I worked at Homeward Residential full-time

Pros

Good pay, good bonus, good culture

Cons

Very little to complain about

Advice to Management

None

3. "Great Place to Work!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I have been working at Homeward Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership team is constantly looking for ways to improve both production and morale on the sales floor. There is a TRUE "Open-Door " policy where staff are encouraged to share their ideas good or bad without fear of reprisal or scorn. The sales managers all have different skill sets but work as a cohesive unified team helping to foster a competitive fun environment!

Cons

With the exception of staff who at times can be considered "negative " I cannot really think of any "Cons" that accurately depict the sales environment within Homeward.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for ways to improve fundings and shorten time in process. The time that you spend on the floor is appreciated greatly!

4. "good company"

I have been working at Homeward Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

working remote is great and all the people in the company work well together.

Cons

work on salary increases/bonus increases

5. "Processors make more than loan officers"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Addison, IL
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Addison, IL

I have been working at Homeward Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have Flexibility in Schedules when needed. There's no micromanaging. Paid time off is somewhat decent. Benefits are decent as well.

Cons

You get paid poorly per loan funded. Not paid on BPS. 22 states don't allow business due to CFPB/Ocwen legal matters. Including Tx.Low average fundings. Take several calls from poor solicitation. Research Ocwens portfolio! All subprime loans. Processors make more money on average than loan officers and are praised often. Very reverse from anywhere I've previously worked. Their computer systems are time consuming. Very primitive and manual.

6. "Mortgage Underwriter"

I have been working at Homeward Residential full-time

Pros

Love the energy and people to work with.

Cons

Layoffs uncertain from time to time. Made the cut, but anxiety producing.

7. "People here are great"

Current Employee - Loan Processor in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Loan Processor in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Homeward Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team in west palm bch is close knit. I work a lot of hours but im payed for it and have a lot of fun with my team. They added a manager here which has really helped out our team. 401k is really good with the match and i get a ton of PTO time.

Cons

Underwriting is very conservative. Health benefits could be better. The servicing employees don't work well with the lending team.

Advice to Management

Get rid of over lays and train all the underwriters the same way.

Aug 21, 2017 – Director, Talent

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We’re proud to hear such positive things about our employees and are glad you appreciate the awesome benefits we work so hard to offer.

8. "I really enjoy working here"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Homeward Residential full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked very hard for this company for over 8 years and always been rewarded for my efforts. Today I earned the largest commission check that I've ever received because Homeward makes the phone ring with quality mortgage leads every single day. They pay for all of the licensing costs once you are hired in a minimum of 15 states, that's thousands of dollars per year invested back in me. The management team is very supportive and always has my back no matter what. They lead by example and follow the values set forth by the company which makes me feel like a valuable and important part of this organization. This is the only leadership team here that I can say that about. If you don't want to be a team player, follow the rules and work really hard, this isn't the place for you. My kids will finish college with no debt because of what I earn here. 401k program is great with a nice match. And the coffee is good!

Cons

Technology is old, all of it. Hardware, software, and systems. Great technology would make Homeward perfect. Training department is scarce. Parking stinks.

Advice to Management

Update all technology, you have to spend money to make money. For what is spent on compliance resources currently we could have state of the art technology. Hire a full-time trainer.

Aug 22, 2017 – Director, Talent

We’re so happy to hear that you’re finding your career with us both challenging and rewarding. We truly value your appreciation and all of the hard work you’ve done at Homeward over the years. We... More

9. "An okay Place, sort of"

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Coppell, TX

I worked at Homeward Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location. Nice facilities. Decent pay.

Cons

Was acquired by a company who is ruthless about outsourcing.

Advice to Management

Don't get sold I guess?

"Senior Underwriter"

Former Employee - Senior Mortgage Underwriter in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Mortgage Underwriter in Westborough, MA

I worked at Homeward Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to work remote from home

Cons

- Company ramped up too fast and overstaffed which lead to layoffs.

Advice to Management

- know the state laws of OT and be more flexible on hours
    - construct a better underwriting manual that is more readable, current information is all over the place

Jul 26, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for us. We appreciate your valuable feedback; we’ll take it into consideration when constructing training materials for our employees.