HoneyBook Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
HoneyBook CEO & Co-Founder Oz Alon
Oz Alon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "after all people come first at HoneyBook" (in 11 reviews)

• "By far the best work-life balance I have ever experienced" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Having a good work-life balance is sometimes challenging" (in 9 reviews)

• "As an engineer in SF, the time difference and holiday differences can make collaborating difficult" (in 5 reviews)

"Amazing People, Amazing Mission"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So many things. First, a wonderful workplace that both fosters hard work and work/life balance. Secondly, HoneyBook is a mission driven company with a clear understanding and goal of the impact it wants to make on the world. Thirdly, users love the product which makes coming in every day and doing your job exciting and fulfilling.

You're able to have a direct impact on the trajectory of the company and given a lot of autonomy to run with ideas and decisions.

Cons

Depending on your role, collaborating across timezones with remote colleagues can be tough.

Advice to Management

Keep acknowledging achievements both at a company level and individually. Focus on the product and technology behind it to make it best-in-class. Continue to hire the right people -- it's what makes this company what it is.

"Great teams, great leadership, inspired mission, FUN place to work"

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Snacks and drinks galore
    *Catered lunches
    *Awesome management team who really cares about the company mission, culture and living out the core values of People Come First and We Are Family.
    *Everyone in the office is fun to sit next to/eat lunch with/be in meetings with/go to happy hour with (can't say that about many places!)
    *I love what I'm working on and feel empowered to create my own path
    *Flexible work schedule

Cons

Measuring impact can be a challenge, but it's something that's actively being worked on.

"Amazing culture, lives up to the hype"

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the minute you walk in the door at HoneyBook, you really do feel like family. The small on-boarding touches make it easy to swiftly integrate with the culture and feel right at home. I've never worked somewhere where every single employee genuinely cares about everyone else. Whether it's a birthday, Honey-versary, or personal goal, the entire team celebrates.

By far the best work-life balance I have ever experienced. I don't feel like there are negative consequences to not answering a Slack message late at night, or going offline for a vacation.

I feel like my work if valued and I am directly contributing to the growth of the company.

Cons

We need to implement a better process to kickoff projects and keep them organized. Need better planning/forecasting, but I think we are working toward a solution here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up :)

"Incredible product. Incredible company."

Current Employee - UI/User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - UI/User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Product: Working on a great product is one story, but working on one where you can see the positive impact it's having every day is a whole other one. Knowing that the better we make the product, the better we're making our members' lives- their ability to make a living doing something their passionate about so they can provide for themselves/their families and giving them literal time back in their day to focus on the things that are important to them - that's something that's easy to get behind.

- People: They're. Awesome. The kind of people that you actually want to be friends with outside of the office and everyone is so positive, supportive, encouraging. They all do truly care about each other.

- Culture: There's an emphasis on core values and I'm not talking about those boring ones embedded in a verbose mission statement at other companies. They're geared toward pushing everyone to be great people and do great work. From themed happy hours in the office to fun company outings/activities, there's no shortage of opportunities to get to know the aforementioned awesome people.

- Work/Management: This is a big one. The balance of structure and autonomy can't be beat. No micro-management here. You're fully trusted to get your job done which makes you want to go above and beyond to do it well. Even more, if you feel you need help, you'll be given all of the support and tools you need to be successful.

- Perks: Knowing that the company has your back and cares about your happiness, needs and well-being is just the cherry on top of it all.

Cons

- Time zones: Be prepared to be working at different times (and even different days) than some members of your team if you're working with the office in Tel Aviv. That said, everyone is amazing and accommodating (so you should be too!), and it's usually pretty easy to find a way to work around the distance/time differences.

"Friendly, smart people. Compelling mission and product."

Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are intelligent and motivated. There's an impressive sense of camaraderie for a ~100 person company.

The mission, "Empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love." is something that's easy to get behind. Making tools to help small businesses succeed is pretty cool. The positive feedback from happy customers is a nice perk.

Cons

None yet, but I'm still new around here.

"Best startup in San Francisco"

Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team excellence: we are a family, but we're also a pro team. Every single person hustles to get the company to the next milestone.

Great leadership: our leaders truly care about putting people first. They lead with transparency and keep us informed about what is happening.

Real impact: we're here to make small business owners more successful. Businesses who use HoneyBook churn less, are more profitable, and spend more time doing what they love—whether that is creating or spending time with their families. Every single team member is actively contributing to that impact.

Fast growing: we have product market fit and the TAM is massive. The opportunity is huge and the time is now :).

Cons

We're still a startup, so we're still figuring out the balance between moving fast and breaking things and having solid processes, especially for cross-team collaboration. A full team was just created to actively address this, though.

Aug 1, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I wake up every day excited to make a difference on the lives of the small business owners we serve. I couldn't agree more that this is one of the parts that I... More

"rough"

I worked at HoneyBook full-time

Pros

they're in a great office

Cons

the leadership definitely shows favoritism

Aug 1, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We take pride in leading with transparency, and we work hard at this every single day. This means transparent communication, processes... More

"A month like no other!"

Current Employee - Member Experience Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Member Experience Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- People come first
    - Feedback is necessary
    - Vegan lunches!
    - Casual stress-free, but fast-paced, environment
    - Always room for growth.

The first month at HoneyBook has been a huge learning curve, coming from another start-up. There has been so much positive feedback and constructive feedback as well as to help me succeed in my daily tasks and look into starting my own projects.

There is room to help each and every person in the company regardless of what your day to day tasks are. The number of opportunities to learn something new, start a new project, and just explore is infinite. I can not not see myself growing in just this month, I cannot wait for a year to come by and see how much we grow together.

Cons

Training is a little all over the place, but that will only improve with time and feedback.

Aug 1, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you for your feedback! We pride on providing an inclusive environment, and yes, this also means vegan lunches. I'm so happy that you enjoy it. I would love to hear your thoughts about our... More

"Tremendous growth while I worked at HoneyBook!"

Former Employee - Talent Partner in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Talent Partner in San Francisco, CA

I worked at HoneyBook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at HoneyBook for 3 years, and saw us grow from a team of 40 to over 100. During my time there, I saw our leadership team mature and strive to really scale with the needs of the company--which is so critical for a startup. The CEO, Oz, really cares about continually improving the product for his customers, and ensuring he's tuned into his employees' needs. Like any other CEO, he's not perfect, and he knows how to balance his gaps with strong executives who bring a lot to the table.

I worked with Naama, the product focused cofounder, and appreciated how creatively talented and visionary she is. Naama is not only amazing at leading design, she's passionate about high quality of work, and is a joy to work with.

I grew enormously from both a professional and personal standpoint while I worked at HoneyBook. I found myself pushing what I thought was possible, and innovating my craft quarter over quarter. Their culture set a high bar for me once I started looking for my next challenge, and I am really grateful for knowing what excellence in this area looks like.

I highly recommend working at HoneyBook. If you put in 110%, you will get 200% back.

Cons

This is not a place to sit on your laurels, and don't work here if you dislike collaborating with people. Seriously. Go work at a 9-5 job in a cubicle and live a happier life. Here, you'll work hard, make deep friendships, and get lots of feedback.

Advice to Management

Don't become stuck on process and the status quo; continue to push your employees and yourselves to see not what is, but what could be.

Aug 1, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

I really appreciate your advice. It's very timely as we begin Q4 planning. I'd love to hear your thoughts around our current processes and hear your ideas on ways we can continue to provide the ideal... More

"Love the culture of feedback"

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HoneyBook is the first place I've worked that really encourages feedback in all forms. We're a fan of real-time feedback, and we also like to formalize it with reviews 2x a year. While we're all usually checking in with our managers in our 1x1s each week, it's nice to have this dedicated space to talk about long term feedback. Peer feedback is important here too. The People Team is always trying new things with feedback, and this time we were encouraged to give peer feedback in person instead of writing it in a formal 360 review. I like that we are always switching things up based on feedback from the team.

Cons

If you're not into direct feedback, this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep being open and transparent with us!

Aug 1, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you so much for your advice. We actively work on building a culture of transparency and feedback. I loved hearing that it's been working well for you. If you ever have ideas on how we can make... More