HoneyBook Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2021

4.9
HoneyBook CEO & Co-Founder Oz Alon
Oz Alon
Pros
  • "after all people come first at HoneyBook(in 11 reviews)

• "Awesome management team who really cares about the company mission, culture and living out the core values of People Come First and We Are Family(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Having a good work-life balance is sometimes challenging(in 8 reviews)

• "The Tel Aviv and SF time zones are hard(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome, mission-driven company with an incredible culture

Apr 21, 2021 - Frontend Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a well run organization with really great people. Really great. I worked here for four years, got to know everyone in the company, learned a whole lot about this industry (small business, freelance, weddings, fintech). I also made friends that I will keep for the rest of my life. The product is helping people in a tangible way that motivates and excites the employees. This is a great place for people who are product-minded and love supporting small businesses and creatives. The company is doing well and is at an excellent growth stage for you to join. The leadership is smart, friendly, responsive, and trusting. Growth is consistently good but there's still a long way to go. HoneyBook is at the size where you have stability while allowing a lot of leeway to make an impact and change processes and product. The Tel Aviv team is the greatest. A lot of the product team is based in the Tel Aviv office which, at a 10 hour time difference, makes meetings difficult to coordinate. But they are the coolest, funnest, smartest group of people and the hardest part of leaving this company was saying goodbye to them. Tons of fun office traditions and friendly people make it a place you'd want to hang out for events, work related or not. The office is beautiful and comfortable, right in the heart of SoMa.

Cons

The SF/Tel Aviv gap is a prominent feature of the company. The Israelis are rad, but the 10 hr gap has one side or the other working unusual hours to coordinate a feature release or get timely feedback on code. This gets frustrating.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A company that lives by its values

Mar 9, 2021 - Operations in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

People Comes First is a core value that many companies may claim in one way or another, but HoneyBook has engrained this into the DNA of the company to levels nobody else matches. It drives everything we do at HoneyBook and the business runs on a simple premise: if we treat our employees well, and if we treat our members well, we'll capture some of that value as a company. It has paid off more times than I can recall and the result is an amazing place to work and grow, and a product that members (customers) love and absolutely rely on to earn a great living doing what they love. The company has made many decisions to put members and employees ahead of business objectives, and is constantly rewarded for it. As a former employee, I wish that more companies would model what I took for granted / table stakes while working at HoneyBook. This is a very special place and often you don't realize that until you go elsewhere. Wishing the team AMAZING congratulations for the huge growth and velocity in 2020, I cannot believe how well the company is doing and the sheer quantity of new members we're helping, the pace is just unbelievable and very well deserved.

Cons

You don't realize how good it is until you leave! That really sucks!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

An Excellent Place For Those Interested In SaaS Companies

Feb 26, 2021 - Marketing Team Member in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The people you work with are intelligent and are generally a joy to work with. - If you put in the effort, you will be able to work on really interesting and varied projects. - Our HoneyBook members generally find that the product is invaluable to them.

Cons

- There is a hesitancy around growing too quickly, which can make the hiring process take a long time. The flip side of that is that we end up choosing really good people.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

6 Years at HoneyBook

Feb 9, 2021 - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's a reason I've continued working at HoneyBook for six years. I believe in the work we're doing because I can see the positive impact HoneyBook has on small business owners. I have been lucky to work on several teams throughout my time here and have felt supported as an employee to grow both professionally and personally.

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing culture and growth does exist!

Aug 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

HoneyBook is a truly unique company. I have never been a part of a company that is so committed to living by their values while also growing and expanding. I think its easy to have a good culture but not make an impact, and its easy to make an impact with a bad culture, but to do both simultaneously, like HoneyBook is doing is quite unique. During COVID, this was more true than ever and I felt very lucky to be part of the company.

Cons

The Tel Aviv and SF time zones are hard. Tel Aviv needs to stay late many night and SF needs to sign-on early but it would be easier to all be on the same time zone.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

HoneyBook

Oct 26, 2020 - Member Experience Associate in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is very 'core value' driven. HoneyBook really puts people first- both it's employees and it's members. They offer good benefits, good pay and a great work atmosphere! The hiring process was concise and professional.

Cons

I have no cons for this company.

7. 5.0

HoneyBook's COVID-19 response has been incredible

May 27, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at HoneyBook now for about 3 years. Since day 1, I've always had confidence in the company and our leadership team. My confidence has only gone up since the outbreak of COVID-19. Before COVID-19 was on anyone's radar, HoneyBook developed a 3 tiered plan about how we were going to respond to the virus. The plans were thoughtfully communicated to all employees and just knowing that the company was thinking about this so early on was very reassuring. We've now been sheltering in place for over 2 months and the People/HR and Leadership Team have been so thoughtful and transparent about anything and everything. We took a survey about a month in and in areas that we scored low, Oz, our CEO, held a meeting where he addressed those concerns directly with everyone. I've never worked at an organization that has been this transparent. I truly feel cared for here, both on the job and outside of the job. Our office manager has been sending out weekly "wellness" emails. Due to personal reasons, some workdays are harder to get through than others. It's reassuring to know that HB cares about my mental health and wellbeing. All HB teams have come together to support our members (freelancers/small business owners) during this time. Seeing how agile our team can be even when we aren't able to be in the office has been so impressive. Our members know we are hustling and are there to support them. Seeing how positively they react to the work we put out definitely motivates me. I know we truly are making a difference in their lives. I've always felt proud to work at HoneyBook. Now more than ever, I especially am.

Cons

Personally, working from home is challenging. I prefer to be in the office. I know this is temporary though.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nice facade

Jul 22, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some interesting and fun people to work with. His perks and a nice office environment

Cons

The company is run by execs that are out of their depth. They are engineering the culture and how it presents by pushing employees to write positive reviews about the company. If you look at the reviews on here you will notice that they usually come in clusters...

7 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Meaningful Mission, Fantastic Environment & Great Teammates

Jun 25, 2019 - UI Designer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Every day I am motivated and excited by this company, for two main reasons: a positive and meaningful mission of supporting a rising creative economy, and a working environment that is friendly and open-minded in every possible way. The size of the company allows to have small and focused teams (7-9 people) that can work on key areas and behave like small startups. We aim to research, discover, design, execute and learn fast — although we'd always like to move faster, we have tons of ideas 😉 The positive culture in this company is real. We have core values that are not just posters on the wall, they really represent what we do and how we relate to each other. I'm a UI designer, and I can say that my work-life balance is good. We work hard and there's always lots to do (which is exciting!), but I've never had any issues adjusting my work schedule when anything personal comes up. We also have virtually unlimited PTO, as long as we're mindful and plan in advance with our managers of course.

Cons

We always want to execute faster — we have a lot of ideas and like in most companies we have to say no to some of them and be hard (but we never throw them away). Another consequence of this is that we cannot spend too many resources polishing little details, and as a UI designer it's something that I hope will be addressed in the future. We are always in the process of building a great product team, so I'm confident about this.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

I have PTSD from working here

May 4, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had an income and health insurance.

Cons

This org places a lot of emphasis on their culture and "Family" but it's really a cloak for the fact they hire a very typical personality type and reward conformity. I've never met so many intellectually challenged people that lack substance at this company, though yes, many are kind in nature. One of the cofounders in particular is an absolute narcissist. She talked of herself often, berated anyone who didn't agree with her, and would openly call you out or reprimand you if you gave the slightest opposition to an idea. I also witnessed some highly unprofessional behavior from her and other staffers, in both the office and outside of work. The most obvious indicator of this is if you look at the dates on their reviews - they're highly clustered which strongly suggests their HR team (who could genuinely care less about the well-being of their employees, and really just cares about their "projected" look) asked their employees to leave a review. There is extreme favoritism and its very clique-y as others mentioned.

4 people found this review helpful

HoneyBook Response

CEO & Co-founder

This one broke my heart. I’m really sad to hear this and it’s really painful, though I’m sure that it’s not as painful as what your experience with the company was. I want to ensure you that I am taking this feedback seriously. One of the things that I always hoped to achieve at this company was creating a space for all employees to have a good experience. There is nothing worse for me than to hear that we failed to create this space for you and maybe others. Building a diverse company was always important to me–diversity in types of people, their opinions, their backgrounds. I always believed we should build a company where people are heard and that doesn’t look to hire the same type of people who are already in it. We failed you here. We’ve heard the cliquey feedback before and I want to make sure we get this right and fix it so current and future employees do not have the same experience you did. I genuinely want to make sure that the changes we implement address your feedback and I want to understand other things that might also need to be addressed. I welcome any conversation. Please feel free to reach out to me directly. I want to make sure no one else has this same experience again. Thanks, Oz

Viewing 1 - 10 of 116 Reviews