HoneyBook Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2020

4.8
HoneyBook CEO & Co-Founder Oz Alon
Oz Alon
Pros
  • "after all people come first at HoneyBook(in 11 reviews)

• "Culture: There's an emphasis on core values and I'm not talking about those boring ones embedded in a verbose mission statement at other companies(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Having a good work-life balance is sometimes challenging(in 9 reviews)

• "I'm not sure this is actually a con, but since this is a startup where things move fast you need to be prepared to keep up(in 5 reviews)

1. "Amazing culture"

Current Employee - Fronend Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture with lots opportunities to make a difference and grow

Cons

None. Must love what you do.

"Nice facade"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at HoneyBook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some interesting and fun people to work with. His perks and a nice office environment

Cons

The company is run by execs that are out of their depth. They are engineering the culture and how it presents by pushing employees to write positive reviews about the company. If you look at the reviews on here you will notice that they usually come in clusters...

3. "Fine"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at HoneyBook full-time

Pros

People are friendly but not straightforward. They try to have nice perks for their employees.

Cons

For as much as C-level execs boasted about how they were transparent, there was a serious lack of transparency on direction and stability of the company. There is a lot of office politic-ing that goes on.

June 23, 2020CEO & Co-founder

Hi, this is Oz. Thank you for the feedback. I am so sorry your experience at HoneyBook was less than ideal. I wish we could’ve done a better job on the transparency front. I personally believe that more transparency leads to happier employees which helps us achieve better results as everyone will understand the context for what we are trying to achieve. I acknowledge that we failed on you, and probably others, on this front. I am committed to constantly do better so we don’t fail others. Thank you again for your feedback. It has given me an opportunity to reflect so that we can grow.

4. COVID-19

"HoneyBook's COVID-19 response has been incredible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been working at HoneyBook now for about 3 years. Since day 1, I've always had confidence in the company and our leadership team. My confidence has only gone up since the outbreak of COVID-19. Before COVID-19 was on anyone's radar, HoneyBook developed a 3 tiered plan about how we were going to respond to the virus. The plans were thoughtfully communicated to all employees and just knowing that the company was thinking about this so early on was very reassuring. We've now been sheltering in place for over 2 months and the People/HR and Leadership Team have been so thoughtful and transparent about anything and everything. We took a survey about a month in and in areas that we scored low, Oz, our CEO, held a meeting where he addressed those concerns directly with everyone. I've never worked at an organization that has been this transparent. I truly feel cared for here, both on the job and outside of the job. Our office manager has been sending out weekly "wellness" emails. Due to personal reasons, some workdays are harder to get through than others. It's reassuring to know that HB cares about my mental health and wellbeing. All HB teams have come together to support our members (freelancers/small business owners) during this time. Seeing how agile our team can be even when we aren't able to be in the office has been so impressive. Our members know we are hustling and are there to support them. Seeing how positively they react to the work we put out definitely motivates me. I know we truly are making a difference in their lives. I've always felt proud to work at HoneyBook. Now more than ever, I especially am.

Cons

Personally, working from home is challenging. I prefer to be in the office. I know this is temporary though.

Continue reading
  5. "I have PTSD from working here"

1.0

I worked at HoneyBook full-time

Pros

I had an income and health insurance.

Cons

This org places a lot of emphasis on their culture and "Family" but it's really a cloak for the fact they hire a very typical personality type and reward conformity. I've never met so many intellectually challenged people that lack substance at this company, though yes, many are kind in nature. One of the cofounders in particular is an absolute narcissist. She talked of herself often, berated anyone who didn't agree with her, and would openly call you out or reprimand you if you gave the slightest opposition to an idea. I also witnessed some highly unprofessional behavior from her and other staffers, in both the office and outside of work. The most obvious indicator of this is if you look at the dates on their reviews - they're highly clustered which strongly suggests their HR team (who could genuinely care less about the well-being of their employees, and really just cares about their "projected" look) asked their employees to leave a review. There is extreme favoritism and its very clique-y as others mentioned.

May 14, 2020CEO & Co-founder

This one broke my heart. I’m really sad to hear this and it’s really painful, though I’m sure that it’s not as painful as what your experience with the company was. I want to ensure you that I am taking this feedback seriously. One of the things that I always hoped to achieve at this company was creating a space for all employees to have a good experience. There is nothing worse for me than to hear that we failed to create this space for you and maybe others. Building a diverse company was always important to me–diversity in types of people, their opinions, their backgrounds. I always believed we should build a company where people are heard and that doesn’t look to hire the same type of people who are already in it. We failed you here. We’ve heard the cliquey feedback before and I want to make sure we get this right and fix it so current and future employees do not have the same experience you did. I genuinely want to make sure that the changes we implement address your feedback and I want to understand other things that might also need to be addressed. I welcome any conversation. Please feel free to reach out to me directly. I want to make sure no one else has this same experience again. Thanks, Oz

6. "Unfortunately not the best experience"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at HoneyBook full-time

Pros

HoneyBook was a warm place to work; lots of happy hours, socializing, and community.

Cons

Unfortunately, HoneyBook really lacks the opportunity for professional growth. Navigating conversations around feedback, growth plans, and the future always felt cumbersome and almost a waste of time. There was an overwhelming feeling that an employee should simply work in the same job for an unforeseen amount of time to be successful, and not bringing up their hopeful professional growth with add to that success. As I found myself in a new role at a different company I was compensated so much higher than my salary at HoneyBook it was made clear I was terribly underpaid during my entire time there.

February 25, 2020CEO & Co-founder

Hi there, this is Oz. Thank you for this honest feedback and I’m sorry that your HoneyBook experience was far from ideal. What you brought up is actually a topic that keeps me up at night. One of the many things we try to balance as we scale the company is ensuring every person has the opportunity to create impact while also keeping our management relatively flat so impact can be felt. We are constantly thinking about how we can create a development path for every employee at the company. We also realize a role change is not always possible, so we have launched new initiatives, like our external advisor and internal mentor programs, to aid with development. We want people to grow with us, but we also can’t make any promises. As a start up, we know we will not always be the highest paying company in the valley. However, in the past year, we have done a lot to get benchmark data from AdvancedHR to make sure every person in the company is compensated fairly and have also recently adopted a formal compensation cycle that happens twice a year to ensure employee salaries stay at market rate. I take this feedback seriously and am very thankful you left this review. I have an open line of communication with all employees, current and former, so please call me if you want to talk about this directly. - Oz

"Best company and work culture!"

Current Employee - Member Experience Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time for less than a year

Pros

As I'm sure you've read in every single review, HoneyBook has a great work culture and truly values every single employee. This is a company where you get to see the real impact of you work. Beautiful office, amazing benefits & perks, and the nicest group of people you will ever meet! I am so lucky I found HoneyBook!

Cons

Not really a con more so just the nature of this industry/product, but things are constantly changing. You have to be adaptable!!

Continue reading

"4+ years and I'm still loving it here"

Current Employee - Director of People in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

From the beginning the founders had a vision to not only create a thriving business, but to create a company that people love working at. I still feel that same vision today 4+ years later and I’m happy to say I’ve been able to be a part of making that vision into a reality. People here genuinely like coming to work everyday, the people they work with, and they are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. I can't imagine working anywhere else right now.

Cons

We’re a lean company and every role we hire is really impactful. Workloads can be a lot at times, but if you’re someone who’s passionate about what you’re building, it doesn’t feel like too much.

February 25, 2020CEO & Co-founder

This is music to my ears. It has been so great to have so many employees grow with the company. Cheers to many more! - Oz

"Best Culture Ever"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

HoneyBook not only emphasizes hiring top-tier candidates, but they're created a surreal culture in which every single person meshes with one another. I've been at the company for over 4 years, and I have never been more confident in the team and company as a whole for its near future and beyond.

Cons

As with any startup, growing pains can sometimes slow cross team collaboration and progress on projects.

"Literally the greatest job I've ever had!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people, the environment, the product, all of it! HoneyBook hires amazing people who I can confidently all call friends; the office itself has the best vibes -- open, bright, great music and food and best of all, management is doing all they can to take care of us and keep us happy; and most of all I love the product that we have! We're out here trying to help others grow and be confident in their business and I love that I can have a hand in that.

Cons

The only con I would say is that we don't have the strongest cross team collaboration but it's something we're all aware of and are making strides to improve.

Found 108 reviews