HoneyBook Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
HoneyBook CEO & Co-Founder Oz Alon
Oz Alon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Not lip service - people come first here" (in 10 reviews)

• "after all people come first at HoneyBook" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Having a good work-life balance is sometimes challenging" (in 9 reviews)

• "It is still a startup and you're expected to work very hard, so if you're looking for a cushy place this isn't for you" (in 3 reviews)

"Friendly, smart people. Compelling mission and product."

Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are intelligent and motivated. There's an impressive sense of camaraderie for a ~100 person company.

The mission, "Empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love." is something that's easy to get behind. Making tools to help small businesses succeed is pretty cool. The positive feedback from happy customers is a nice perk.

Cons

None yet, but I'm still new around here.

"Best startup in San Francisco"

Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team excellence: we are a family, but we're also a pro team. Every single person hustles to get the company to the next milestone.

Great leadership: our leaders truly care about putting people first. They lead with transparency and keep us informed about what is happening.

Real impact: we're here to make small business owners more successful. Businesses who use HoneyBook churn less, are more profitable, and spend more time doing what they love—whether that is creating or spending time with their families. Every single team member is actively contributing to that impact.

Fast growing: we have product market fit and the TAM is massive. The opportunity is huge and the time is now :).

Cons

We're still a startup, so we're still figuring out the balance between moving fast and breaking things and having solid processes, especially for cross-team collaboration. A full team was just created to actively address this, though.

Aug 1, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I wake up every day excited to make a difference on the lives of the small business owners we serve. I couldn't agree more that this is one of the parts that I... More

"rough"

I worked at HoneyBook full-time

Pros

they're in a great office

Cons

the leadership definitely shows favoritism

Aug 1, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We take pride in leading with transparency, and we work hard at this every single day. This means transparent communication, processes... More

"A month like no other!"

Current Employee - Member Experience Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Member Experience Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- People come first
    - Feedback is necessary
    - Vegan lunches!
    - Casual stress-free, but fast-paced, environment
    - Always room for growth.

The first month at HoneyBook has been a huge learning curve, coming from another start-up. There has been so much positive feedback and constructive feedback as well as to help me succeed in my daily tasks and look into starting my own projects.

There is room to help each and every person in the company regardless of what your day to day tasks are. The number of opportunities to learn something new, start a new project, and just explore is infinite. I can not not see myself growing in just this month, I cannot wait for a year to come by and see how much we grow together.

Cons

Training is a little all over the place, but that will only improve with time and feedback.

Aug 1, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you for your feedback! We pride on providing an inclusive environment, and yes, this also means vegan lunches. I'm so happy that you enjoy it. I would love to hear your thoughts about our... More

"Tremendous growth while I worked at HoneyBook!"

Former Employee - Talent Partner in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Talent Partner in San Francisco, CA

I worked at HoneyBook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at HoneyBook for 3 years, and saw us grow from a team of 40 to over 100. During my time there, I saw our leadership team mature and strive to really scale with the needs of the company--which is so critical for a startup. The CEO, Oz, really cares about continually improving the product for his customers, and ensuring he's tuned into his employees' needs. Like any other CEO, he's not perfect, and he knows how to balance his gaps with strong executives who bring a lot to the table.

I worked with Naama, the product focused cofounder, and appreciated how creatively talented and visionary she is. Naama is not only amazing at leading design, she's passionate about high quality of work, and is a joy to work with.

I grew enormously from both a professional and personal standpoint while I worked at HoneyBook. I found myself pushing what I thought was possible, and innovating my craft quarter over quarter. Their culture set a high bar for me once I started looking for my next challenge, and I am really grateful for knowing what excellence in this area looks like.

I highly recommend working at HoneyBook. If you put in 110%, you will get 200% back.

Cons

This is not a place to sit on your laurels, and don't work here if you dislike collaborating with people. Seriously. Go work at a 9-5 job in a cubicle and live a happier life. Here, you'll work hard, make deep friendships, and get lots of feedback.

Advice to Management

Don't become stuck on process and the status quo; continue to push your employees and yourselves to see not what is, but what could be.

Aug 1, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

I really appreciate your advice. It's very timely as we begin Q4 planning. I'd love to hear your thoughts around our current processes and hear your ideas on ways we can continue to provide the ideal... More

"Love the culture of feedback"

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HoneyBook is the first place I've worked that really encourages feedback in all forms. We're a fan of real-time feedback, and we also like to formalize it with reviews 2x a year. While we're all usually checking in with our managers in our 1x1s each week, it's nice to have this dedicated space to talk about long term feedback. Peer feedback is important here too. The People Team is always trying new things with feedback, and this time we were encouraged to give peer feedback in person instead of writing it in a formal 360 review. I like that we are always switching things up based on feedback from the team.

Cons

If you're not into direct feedback, this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep being open and transparent with us!

Aug 1, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you so much for your advice. We actively work on building a culture of transparency and feedback. I loved hearing that it's been working well for you. If you ever have ideas on how we can make... More

"Don't ever plan on leaving HB"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love that Oz (our CEO) takes the time and reviews every single post on here. That really says something about the leadership in the company and how they take feedback and reviews seriously.

We do 360 reviews twice a year. This is a process that our People Ops team is always iterating on to make it even more valuable to all employees. This is the first place I have worked that actually values peer feedback. Keep it up!

Talent Team is constantly bringing on amazing new employees that are ready to jump in and go from day one (while maintaining our unparalleled culture!)

Our most recent reviews (below this) are all former employees and they still have great things to say about us! So we must be doing something right :)

Every employee has a development budget

AMAZING family leave policies. For a company our size, it is incredible our generous we are.

We recently launched a VTO policy, so we are able to paid take time off and volunteer at local organizations.

I truly enjoy coming to work everyday. I feel so lucky.

Cons

It really is hard for me to think of any.

Aug 1, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

Your review made my day :). That said, I firmly believe there are always things we could be doing better. I would love to challenge you to think of opportunities for improvement. Come by my desk... More

"My Thoughts After 2 Weeks of Working Here"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really mean it when they say "We Are Family":

I went into this search looking for a place that was full of folk who supported, enjoyed, and encouraged each other. HoneyBook culture is unlike anywhere else I've worked or seen. It really is a dynamic, happy, buzzing place.

Fast moving:

If you're looking for a stimulating, fast paced place - you've found it. This startup is growing rapidly, and things change on the day to day - which brings me to my next pro....

Communication:

HoneyBook is amazing at communicating. You can message the CEO on our messaging app, and he is either responding or on his way to your desk in minutes. The leadership communicates ideas to the team constantly and openly, and feedback is always encouraged. I've been asked every step of the way if there's anything they could improve to make my onboarding experience better.

They take care of you:

Here's some stuff that may not seem like it's the most vital thing to look for with a job - but knowing that there's a kitchen stocked all the time with food, drink, snacks, cold brew on tap (bless), that you can use whenever is sort of amazing. Lunches are catered 3 times a week, health insurance is comprehensive, and I've yet to encounter a moment when the wellbeing of an employee is sacrificed for progress. We are family holds true in the little things, too.

This is a place full of people trying to make the world a better place:

The people at HoneyBook are really trying to take their little corner of the world and make it easier for the people who function there. They're also trying to make their little corner of the world more like... well... the whole world (watch out 2019) - but in the meantime who we do affect, we do so to make their lives easier and to make the world more efficient. You can feel good about what you're doing.

Room for growth:

I'm excited to see where my career goes with HoneyBook. Being a part of something that gets grander every day is a really exciting feeling.

Cons

Commute (maybe):

If you don't live in the city, it can be a little bit of a trek to get to the office. I like the walk, but it could be an issue.

Pro/Con:

I wouldn't call this a con, exactly, but the interview process is lengthy. Just be prepared. It's awesome, you get good face-time with quality people and get to feel out the company, too - and it's just to make sure they've got awesome people on their team. But know it's going to be a multi-step process. :)

Aug 1, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about the length of the interview process. You are absolutely right, we want to make sure that every single team member is not only a great culture fit but... More

"Best company culture I've ever experienced"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at HoneyBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture at HoneyBook is unmatched. I've worked at a number of other startups at different stages and none of them come close to HoneyBook in terms of culture. The office is incredible, the perks are outstanding and some of your colleagues will most likely become friends. The work environment is very fast paced, but there is definitely a strong respect for work-life balance and HoneyBook is very supportive of parents.

Cons

With the company moving so quickly, goals/initiatives/projects are always changing. If you are uncomfortable with change and prefer to stick to just your defined role, this probably isn't the right company for you.

Advice to Management

Keep at it and make sure that company culture remains consistent as the business continues to grow.

Feb 28, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

I loved reading this review. We take pride in our flexible parent benefits, maternity room, and maternity and paternity leave. I could go on and on about future of workplace philosophies, but you... More

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-HoneyBook has a phenomenal culture and is filled with smart, collabrative, and supportive people
    -Growing Fast
    -Good work/life balance

Cons

Engineering team is in Tel Aviv. They are amazing, but the time difference makes for scheduling challenges.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture strong as we continue to grow!

Feb 28, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you so much for sharing this. It means a lot to hear that you feel empowered, challenged, and at the same time supported by the people surrounding you. Having #oneoffice with locations in... More