HoneyBook Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
HoneyBook CEO & Co-Founder Oz Alon
Oz Alon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Not lip service - people come first here (in 10 reviews)

• after all people come first at HoneyBook (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Having a good work-life balance is sometimes challenging (in 9 reviews)

• It is a very fast-paced start-up environment so you have to work extra hard (in 4 reviews)

1. "Love the culture of feedback"

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HoneyBook is the first place I've worked that really encourages feedback in all forms. We're a fan of real-time feedback, and we also like to formalize it with reviews 2x a year. While we're all usually checking in with our managers in our 1x1s each week, it's nice to have this dedicated space to talk about long term feedback. Peer feedback is important here too. The People Team is always trying new things with feedback, and this time we were encouraged to give peer feedback in person instead of writing it in a formal 360 review. I like that we are always switching things up based on feedback from the team.

Cons

If you're not into direct feedback, this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep being open and transparent with us!

2. "Don't ever plan on leaving HB"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love that Oz (our CEO) takes the time and reviews every single post on here. That really says something about the leadership in the company and how they take feedback and reviews seriously.

We do 360 reviews twice a year. This is a process that our People Ops team is always iterating on to make it even more valuable to all employees. This is the first place I have worked that actually values peer feedback. Keep it up!

Talent Team is constantly bringing on amazing new employees that are ready to jump in and go from day one (while maintaining our unparalleled culture!)

Our most recent reviews (below this) are all former employees and they still have great things to say about us! So we must be doing something right :)

Every employee has a development budget

AMAZING family leave policies. For a company our size, it is incredible our generous we are.

We recently launched a VTO policy, so we are able to paid take time off and volunteer at local organizations.

I truly enjoy coming to work everyday. I feel so lucky.

Cons

It really is hard for me to think of any.

"Excellent company with clear values!"

I worked at HoneyBook full-time

Pros

A true gem to work for -- everyone is so supportive.

Cons

Not much - everything is pretty solid

Advice to Management

Keep on track!

"Wonderful company!"

I worked at HoneyBook full-time

Pros

Leadership has developed a wonderful culture and a very intentional feedback system that is taken very seriously. A fun, impactful place to work - 10/10 would recommend!

Cons

People love it there, but from what I could tell, there a little more turnover than usual because everyone is young and on the move. I suppose the issue is not so much specific to HoneyBook as much as a general feature of working at startups in SF

Advice to Management

keep it up!

"My Thoughts After 2 Weeks of Working Here"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really mean it when they say "We Are Family":

I went into this search looking for a place that was full of folk who supported, enjoyed, and encouraged each other. HoneyBook culture is unlike anywhere else I've worked or seen. It really is a dynamic, happy, buzzing place.

Fast moving:

If you're looking for a stimulating, fast paced place - you've found it. This startup is growing rapidly, and things change on the day to day - which brings me to my next pro....

Communication:

HoneyBook is amazing at communicating. You can message the CEO on our messaging app, and he is either responding or on his way to your desk in minutes. The leadership communicates ideas to the team constantly and openly, and feedback is always encouraged. I've been asked every step of the way if there's anything they could improve to make my onboarding experience better.

They take care of you:

Here's some stuff that may not seem like it's the most vital thing to look for with a job - but knowing that there's a kitchen stocked all the time with food, drink, snacks, cold brew on tap (bless), that you can use whenever is sort of amazing. Lunches are catered 3 times a week, health insurance is comprehensive, and I've yet to encounter a moment when the wellbeing of an employee is sacrificed for progress. We are family holds true in the little things, too.

This is a place full of people trying to make the world a better place:

The people at HoneyBook are really trying to take their little corner of the world and make it easier for the people who function there. They're also trying to make their little corner of the world more like... well... the whole world (watch out 2019) - but in the meantime who we do affect, we do so to make their lives easier and to make the world more efficient. You can feel good about what you're doing.

Room for growth:

I'm excited to see where my career goes with HoneyBook. Being a part of something that gets grander every day is a really exciting feeling.

Cons

Commute (maybe):

If you don't live in the city, it can be a little bit of a trek to get to the office. I like the walk, but it could be an issue.

Pro/Con:

I wouldn't call this a con, exactly, but the interview process is lengthy. Just be prepared. It's awesome, you get good face-time with quality people and get to feel out the company, too - and it's just to make sure they've got awesome people on their team. But know it's going to be a multi-step process. :)

"Best company culture I've ever experienced"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at HoneyBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture at HoneyBook is unmatched. I've worked at a number of other startups at different stages and none of them come close to HoneyBook in terms of culture. The office is incredible, the perks are outstanding and some of your colleagues will most likely become friends. The work environment is very fast paced, but there is definitely a strong respect for work-life balance and HoneyBook is very supportive of parents.

Cons

With the company moving so quickly, goals/initiatives/projects are always changing. If you are uncomfortable with change and prefer to stick to just your defined role, this probably isn't the right company for you.

Advice to Management

Keep at it and make sure that company culture remains consistent as the business continues to grow.

Feb 28, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

I loved reading this review. We take pride in our flexible parent benefits, maternity room, and maternity and paternity leave. I could go on and on about future of workplace philosophies, but you... More

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-HoneyBook has a phenomenal culture and is filled with smart, collabrative, and supportive people
    -Growing Fast
    -Good work/life balance

Cons

Engineering team is in Tel Aviv. They are amazing, but the time difference makes for scheduling challenges.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture strong as we continue to grow!

Feb 28, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you so much for sharing this. It means a lot to hear that you feel empowered, challenged, and at the same time supported by the people surrounding you. Having #oneoffice with locations in... More

"Honeybook is unique"

Former Employee - People Operations
    Former Employee - People Operations

I worked at HoneyBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While I loved working there, I was very off put by the hiring process. The talent team was not very warm or welcoming, so if you can get past that- you're in for a great surprise. The mentality really is people centered. From the leadership down, everyone is genuine and willing to help. They really do have the MOST fun- I was so sad to leave (had to move). The people here are extremely intelligent and hard working which makes it very work hard/play hard.

Cons

Hiring staff- I was nervous to accept because I had such a negative interview and on boarding experience but I'm glad I stayed because the leadership and the other teams are amazing!

Advice to Management

Keep being amazing!

Nov 29, 2017 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you for your transparent feedback. I've connected with our talent team to bring them up to speed on the less than ideal welcome you received. This is not the experience that we'd want for... More

"Amazing culture and work environment"

Current Employee - UI Designer in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - UI Designer in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Office environment and people I work with everyday are key to me, and HoneyBook is a jewel. The office design and vibe are amazing.
    - We're really focused to help the creative entrepreneurs industry.

Cons

We've never had pizza for lunch! Jokes aside, I can't think of any cons that is worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and be more focused than ever on the right objectives.

Oct 20, 2017 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you for sharing your feedback. One of our core values is We Love What We Do, and knowing that every day we are making an impact on the lives of creative small business owners, makes it easy to... More

10. "Passionate People and an Incredible Work Environment"

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time

Pros

The two biggest things for me that I love about working at HoneyBook are:
    -Consistent opportunities for personal and job growth through collaborations on projects and initiatives
    - Open, flexible, and driven work environment, which is a perfect fit for passionate people (we love what we do, and we love being together)
    I'm always been stretched and challenged to be the best version of myself, and I get to work with incredible talent both internally with co-workers and externally with our subscribed members.

Cons

Some days can feel like drinking water through a firehose, so being flexible is key! Not sure if that's really a con, just know that some days can be overwhelming - that's part of tech life!

Advice to Management

Continue holding on to the core values at the heart of this company, and HoneyBook will continue to be an incredible place to work.

Oct 20, 2017 – CEO & Co-founder

You absolutely should feel empowered! It's always been my goal to create an environment where you can challenge yourself and develop professionally by pursuing new projects and initiatives... More