HoneyBook Reviews | Glassdoor

HoneyBook CEO & Co-Founder Oz Alon
Oz Alon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Having a good work-life balance is sometimes challenging (in 9 reviews)

• Things move fast and because of that goals change often (in 5 reviews)

1. "Amazing culture and work environment"

Current Employee - UI Designer in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - UI Designer in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Office environment and people I work with everyday are key to me, and HoneyBook is a jewel. The office design and vibe are amazing.
    - We're really focused to help the creative entrepreneurs industry.

Cons

We've never had pizza for lunch! Jokes aside, I can't think of any cons that is worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and be more focused than ever on the right objectives.

Oct 20, 2017 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you for sharing your feedback. One of our core values is We Love What We Do, and knowing that every day we are making an impact on the lives of creative small business owners, makes it easy to... More

2. "Honeybook is unique"

Former Employee - People Operations
    Former Employee - People Operations

I worked at HoneyBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While I loved working there, I was very off put by the hiring process. The talent team was not very warm or welcoming, so if you can get past that- you're in for a great surprise. The mentality really is people centered. From the leadership down, everyone is genuine and willing to help. They really do have the MOST fun- I was so sad to leave (had to move). The people here are extremely intelligent and hard working which makes it very work hard/play hard.

Cons

Hiring staff- I was nervous to accept because I had such a negative interview and on boarding experience but I'm glad I stayed because the leadership and the other teams are amazing!

Advice to Management

Keep being amazing!

Nov 29, 2017 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you for your transparent feedback. I've connected with our talent team to bring them up to speed on the less than ideal welcome you received. This is not the experience that we'd want for... More

3. "HoneyBook is committed to change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the last few Q's HoneyBook has completely restructured its leadership org. We have brought in experienced industry leaders with proven track record into the top rungs of the organization. Facts speak for themselves when you bring in a new GM for Wedding Spot, new Head of Product, new CFO, new Head of Sales and even more in less than 2 Q's. The new leaders are hungry, come from pedigreed Tech organizations & are natural leaders.

Cons

We should be growing faster by now. BUT, our roadmap is strong and we are more focused than ever!

Advice to Management

4 company KR's and multiple KRs per team DOES NOT EQUAL focus. Less is more ;)

Oct 20, 2017 – CEO & Co-founder

The right leaders not only have the right experience to take the company to the next level, but also believe in empowering the creative industry and put people first. We're definitely there now, and... More

4. "Passionate People and an Incredible Work Environment"

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time

Pros

The two biggest things for me that I love about working at HoneyBook are:
    -Consistent opportunities for personal and job growth through collaborations on projects and initiatives
    - Open, flexible, and driven work environment, which is a perfect fit for passionate people (we love what we do, and we love being together)
    I'm always been stretched and challenged to be the best version of myself, and I get to work with incredible talent both internally with co-workers and externally with our subscribed members.

Cons

Some days can feel like drinking water through a firehose, so being flexible is key! Not sure if that's really a con, just know that some days can be overwhelming - that's part of tech life!

Advice to Management

Continue holding on to the core values at the heart of this company, and HoneyBook will continue to be an incredible place to work.

Oct 20, 2017 – CEO & Co-founder

You absolutely should feel empowered! It's always been my goal to create an environment where you can challenge yourself and develop professionally by pursuing new projects and initiatives... More

5. "People Come First"

Current Employee - Frontend Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Frontend Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So, HoneyBook has a set of five values which are central to their business. One that really sticks out to me is the "people come first" principle. It's often used to describe how the company proactively engages with its users. But as an employee, I also see it expressed within their company culture. On top of typical SF tech perks (PTO, beautiful office, free cold brew), the thing that sets HoneyBook apart is how it supports the interests of employees professionally and personally.

As an engineer, I like learning about new types of technology and exploring different technical roles and projects. The management at HoneyBook has been extremely supportive in allowing me to take on projects from other teams and brain storm features very early in the development process. HoneyBook offers a personal development budget to buy books, online courses, and attend conferences.

The hours are very flexible and all the meetings are recorded so that working from home or working remote is always an option. This is a big deal for employees with families. In line with how they serve a community of creative entrepreneurs, they also encourage employees to pursue side projects and solo businesses.

As an employee, I feel like my personal life and well being are put first. As a result, I learn a ton of new stuff, I feel happy, productive, and creative at work and I can't recommend the place enough to prospective employees.

Cons

The company HQ is in San Francisco but the bulk of the engineering team is in Tel Aviv. As an engineer in SF, the time difference and holiday differences can make collaborating difficult.

Advice to Management

Keep people first and HoneyBook will stay a great company to work at.

Oct 20, 2017 – CEO & Co-founder

I'm glad to hear you're using your development budget to learn about new types of technology. Working alongside intellectually curious peers is a game changer. You should do a 7x7 all hands... More

6. "Outstanding onboarding experience for new employees"

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently joined HoneyBook and am amazed by the candidate experience and the onboarding process. Oz and the entire team were super responsive and very candid. I was impressed by the level of professionalism paired with the passion and kindness I experienced in my interviews. On my first day, I was greeted by my "buddy" who took care of me and introduced me to the team. Everyone has been super kind and supportive, helping me get up to speed quickly. HoneyBook values employees as "family". The founders built a company with very high standards and strong values that are inspired by the best in the industry. HoneyBook has added excellent senior leaders to their team to fuel their growth as a company and as a business. It is great to see how much users love the platform and how big the opportunity is to power the Creative Economy.

Cons

There is way too much good food in the office all the time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

7. "Perks, Pals and Paid Lunches"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are literally so many benefits and perks, I don't use them all. Free catered lunches, commuter benefits, $100 in Lyft credits, One Medical membership, Gym membership options, etc. You really have to pick and choose because there are so many. Everyone who works here is an absolute angel and it really does feel like a second family.

Cons

Sometimes we run out of fresh berries and avocados...

Sep 29, 2017 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you for sharing your feedback! While I'd love to believe that there's nothing to improve, I'm sure if you give it more thought, you can come up with a couple of bullet items we can work on! My... More

8. "Comfortable atmosphere with challenging work"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HoneyBook's environment is welcoming and allows for personal growth through the conquering of challenging problems. They have made some recent strong leadership hires adding. Strong cultural values and fast paced development keeps everyone on their toes.

Cons

Very typical in a growing startup; things move very fast and priorities change even faster. Sometimes that makes executing on a certain initiative a struggle. This even means organizational changes which can be especially painful. Start up life!

Advice to Management

Let's continue to raise the bar with our hiring! More experienced hires are what we need.

Sep 29, 2017 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. Definitely strong leaders there, I'm excited to hear that you've already seen a benefit for your career. I want to hear more about the challenges you've been... More

9. "Growing, Fun, and Determined 🚀"

Current Employee - Growth in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Growth in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Really smart, social, caring people. They care about your life, your work, and your opinion.
    - Fun in-office culture and workspace...it just feels good being there.
    - CEO and Execs are bringing in senior level talent to fills gaps and get to the next level.
    - Extremely good grasp on user-base and very influential in the space.
    - Founded in core values that actually permeate every day decisions, conversations, and culture.

Cons

None so far, just the normal shifting of roles and responsibility that makes a growing company exciting.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and keep finding great talent. New key hires at the senior level seem to be moving in the right direction. Push the limits and this thing will be huge. Continue valuing the opinions and insights across the company.

"I love this company"

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time

Pros

I've been with the company for awhile and have watched it grow, change, and continue to get even better. Here are a few things I love:
    -Leadership team models our values & really puts people first
    -Our open, collaborative office
    -Amazing co-workers: Each person in the company brings something unique to the table
    -Strong connection with our office in Tel Aviv
    -Culture of open feedback

Cons

Things move fast and because of that goals change often. Communication in a fast moving company is also hard to perfect. If you are looking for stability, HoneyBook, or any start-up is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to model our values and be as transparent as possible.