HoneyBook Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
HoneyBook CEO & Co-Founder Oz Alon
Oz Alon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Not lip service - people come first here" (in 11 reviews)

• "By far the best work-life balance I have ever experienced" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "As an engineer in SF, the time difference and holiday differences can make collaborating difficult" (in 5 reviews)

• "It is still a startup and you're expected to work very hard, so if you're looking for a cushy place this isn't for you" (in 3 reviews)

1. "I love this company!"

Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything about this company is amazing. Feedback is huge and you are an actual employee here, not just a number! Catered lunches and then you get to pick your own Friday! Everyone here is close and willing to help you out. Snacks are delicious and cold brew on tap, yeaaaah!

Cons

I don't find this as a con but the interview process is lengthy, some might not like it. I see why it is the way it is. They want to make sure that not only you are a good fit for HoneyBook, but that HoneyBook is a good fit for you!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. "HoneyBook is a Values Driven Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HoneyBook's culture is unlike any place I've worked before. The core values are so much more than words posted throughout the office–they are the guiding framework for company decisions.

The leadership team at HoneyBook is incredible. They are very transparent and keep all employees, regardless of seniority or level, in the know.

Leadership cares about the well-being of employees and they understand that this extends beyond the workday. The benefits HoneyBook has for its employees are incredible. I feel so taken care of here!

My coworkers are more than people I work with, they are friends :)

Cons

Not all roles have a clear growth path. However, we do value internal movement, so when a new role opens, internal employees are encouraged to interview if they are qualified :)

Advice to Management

Keep listening to feedback from employees.

"Amazing People, Amazing Mission"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So many things. First, a wonderful workplace that both fosters hard work and work/life balance. Secondly, HoneyBook is a mission driven company with a clear understanding and goal of the impact it wants to make on the world. Thirdly, users love the product which makes coming in every day and doing your job exciting and fulfilling.

You're able to have a direct impact on the trajectory of the company and given a lot of autonomy to run with ideas and decisions.

Cons

Depending on your role, collaborating across timezones with remote colleagues can be tough.

Advice to Management

Keep acknowledging achievements both at a company level and individually. Focus on the product and technology behind it to make it best-in-class. Continue to hire the right people -- it's what makes this company what it is.

"Great teams, great leadership, inspired mission, FUN place to work"

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Snacks and drinks galore
    *Catered lunches
    *Awesome management team who really cares about the company mission, culture and living out the core values of People Come First and We Are Family.
    *Everyone in the office is fun to sit next to/eat lunch with/be in meetings with/go to happy hour with (can't say that about many places!)
    *I love what I'm working on and feel empowered to create my own path
    *Flexible work schedule

Cons

Measuring impact can be a challenge, but it's something that's actively being worked on.

"Amazing culture, lives up to the hype"

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the minute you walk in the door at HoneyBook, you really do feel like family. The small on-boarding touches make it easy to swiftly integrate with the culture and feel right at home. I've never worked somewhere where every single employee genuinely cares about everyone else. Whether it's a birthday, Honey-versary, or personal goal, the entire team celebrates.

By far the best work-life balance I have ever experienced. I don't feel like there are negative consequences to not answering a Slack message late at night, or going offline for a vacation.

I feel like my work if valued and I am directly contributing to the growth of the company.

Cons

We need to implement a better process to kickoff projects and keep them organized. Need better planning/forecasting, but I think we are working toward a solution here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up :)

"Incredible product. Incredible company."

Current Employee - UI/User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - UI/User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Product: Working on a great product is one story, but working on one where you can see the positive impact it's having every day is a whole other one. Knowing that the better we make the product, the better we're making our members' lives- their ability to make a living doing something their passionate about so they can provide for themselves/their families and giving them literal time back in their day to focus on the things that are important to them - that's something that's easy to get behind.

- People: They're. Awesome. The kind of people that you actually want to be friends with outside of the office and everyone is so positive, supportive, encouraging. They all do truly care about each other.

- Culture: There's an emphasis on core values and I'm not talking about those boring ones embedded in a verbose mission statement at other companies. They're geared toward pushing everyone to be great people and do great work. From themed happy hours in the office to fun company outings/activities, there's no shortage of opportunities to get to know the aforementioned awesome people.

- Work/Management: This is a big one. The balance of structure and autonomy can't be beat. No micro-management here. You're fully trusted to get your job done which makes you want to go above and beyond to do it well. Even more, if you feel you need help, you'll be given all of the support and tools you need to be successful.

- Perks: Knowing that the company has your back and cares about your happiness, needs and well-being is just the cherry on top of it all.

Cons

- Time zones: Be prepared to be working at different times (and even different days) than some members of your team if you're working with the office in Tel Aviv. That said, everyone is amazing and accommodating (so you should be too!), and it's usually pretty easy to find a way to work around the distance/time differences.

"Friendly, smart people. Compelling mission and product."

Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are intelligent and motivated. There's an impressive sense of camaraderie for a ~100 person company.

The mission, "Empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love." is something that's easy to get behind. Making tools to help small businesses succeed is pretty cool. The positive feedback from happy customers is a nice perk.

Cons

None yet, but I'm still new around here.

"Best startup in San Francisco"

Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team excellence: we are a family, but we're also a pro team. Every single person hustles to get the company to the next milestone.

Great leadership: our leaders truly care about putting people first. They lead with transparency and keep us informed about what is happening.

Real impact: we're here to make small business owners more successful. Businesses who use HoneyBook churn less, are more profitable, and spend more time doing what they love—whether that is creating or spending time with their families. Every single team member is actively contributing to that impact.

Fast growing: we have product market fit and the TAM is massive. The opportunity is huge and the time is now :).

Cons

We're still a startup, so we're still figuring out the balance between moving fast and breaking things and having solid processes, especially for cross-team collaboration. A full team was just created to actively address this, though.

Aug 1, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I wake up every day excited to make a difference on the lives of the small business owners we serve. I couldn't agree more that this is one of the parts that I... More

"rough"

I worked at HoneyBook full-time

Pros

they're in a great office

Cons

the leadership definitely shows favoritism

Aug 1, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We take pride in leading with transparency, and we work hard at this every single day. This means transparent communication, processes... More

"A month like no other!"

Current Employee - Member Experience Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Member Experience Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HoneyBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- People come first
    - Feedback is necessary
    - Vegan lunches!
    - Casual stress-free, but fast-paced, environment
    - Always room for growth.

The first month at HoneyBook has been a huge learning curve, coming from another start-up. There has been so much positive feedback and constructive feedback as well as to help me succeed in my daily tasks and look into starting my own projects.

There is room to help each and every person in the company regardless of what your day to day tasks are. The number of opportunities to learn something new, start a new project, and just explore is infinite. I can not not see myself growing in just this month, I cannot wait for a year to come by and see how much we grow together.

Cons

Training is a little all over the place, but that will only improve with time and feedback.

Aug 1, 2018 – CEO & Co-founder

Thank you for your feedback! We pride on providing an inclusive environment, and yes, this also means vegan lunches. I'm so happy that you enjoy it. I would love to hear your thoughts about our... More