Honeywell Reviews in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Great Company"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Houston, TX
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at Honeywell as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Every intern they bring into the company is being considered for a full time position. It gives a great opportunity to prove yourself and solidify if this is what you want to do as a career.

Cons

Not many of my coworkers are around, but that's to be expected for my current department who works at customer sites 90% of the time.

Advice to Management

While conceptually the idea of bringing everyone back into the office is great, it increases strain on many workers when they're constantly in the field.

"Technology Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Big fortune 500 company with good systems

Cons

Bad benefits and bad culture

"Terrible Company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary is pretty decent overall

Cons

Poor Medical Benefits
    Poor Time/Family Balance
    Extremely Poor Management

Advice to Management

Stop overworking your peers and taking away all the things that made working at Honeywell worth it.

"No more telecommute"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice products to work on, I am proud of what I do here.

Cons

Upper management removed telecommuting, one of the only nice perks of working in Honeywell.
    The explanation behind it feels more like an excuse.
    Benefits are bad overall and they keep going worse.

Advice to Management

Start caring about employees a little more. Move towards "rewards and recognition", instead of "rules and punishment"

"Honeywell"

Current Employee - Director IT Business Operations in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director IT Business Operations in Houston, TX

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large cap company offers lots of variety for career pathing; high talent organization means you get to work with a great peer community; global.

Cons

Large cap company that can sometimes be too big to manage; increasing appetite for moving jobs off shore creating instability in the workforce & thereby morale; women in the workforce in low (has improved over the years, but still low) especially in leadership positions.

Advice to Management

Driving to change Honeywell to its newer version of itself is great, but too much sacrificing of what made Honeywell good to begin with is being lost.

"Review"

Current Employee - Project Specialist III in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Specialist III in Houston, TX

I have been working at Honeywell full-time

Pros

Flexible work hours. My star ratings are an average of my immediate situation of the last few years, my situation the decade before that, and what I see going on among all the people with whom I work.
    My immediate manager is an amazing anomaly, constantly pushing us to move up the ladder, explaining the boxes that need to be checked off so upper management can't block our promotions and how to navigate the god-awful politics and get around the massive road block that is "HR", the Lawsuit Prevention Squad. Upper management would get rid of him if they knew what he was doing for us as it goes against the one and only commandment of "Thou Shalt Cut Costs At All Cost!." None of the other managers I have had in the last 15 years had the stones to even try to explain what it really takes to get promoted in this environment. Just promote the ones you like. Most didn't even understand our group's true function, and considered all of us unpromotable because 'you only do ...' My present manager is the only reason I could give anything 2 stars.

Cons

Where to start...don't be fooled, darius is dave's clone without a personality (which can be pos or neg depending on your point of view). Other than the very small bubble I am currently in, what I see going on around me is appalling. The last 5-6 years have been a rapidly accelerating descent through chaos into indifference. Read the other reviews for details, what they describe is spot on. Don't be fooled by the company sponsored 4-5 star 1-2 sentence reviews that are probably required in bulk of HR minions so they can be promoted. The best employees are loaded up to the point of collapse/quitting as they try to keep things afloat with no support from their managers, the best of whom are also overloaded and completely hamstrung by upper management's greed for ever larger bonuses. The company is being hollowed out by upper management skimming off the top while the employees doing the work get less and less for their efforts. When management states there is 'really no way to measure customer satisfaction' you are forced to realize just how deep the hole you are in really is. And in spite of everything they won't stop digging; they dig faster and harder.

Advice to Management

No point. They are achieving exactly what they have set out to do. This is not ignorance, it is on purpose.

8. "Manufacturing/Quality Engineer"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer/Quality Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer/Quality Engineer in Houston, TX

Pros

Good training and development with continuous eagerness to improve on existing technology.

Cons

Overall good place to work.

9. "Rack Builder"

Former Employee - Computer Rack Builder in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Computer Rack Builder in Houston, TX

I worked at Honeywell (More than a year)

Pros

This company pays fairly well. Also, all work is done in a clean, comfortable environment. Everything is planned ahead of time, so you will work on the same project for weeks or months at a time.

Cons

This job is for people who aren't very social. The feeling around the warehouse is almost always nervous. They worry more about everything being in its proper place than they do about production. They have you feeling like you're walking on eggshells at all times. They make you lock your phone in a locker all day.

Advice to Management

You need to inform applicants at the interview that they will have to lock their phones up during the work day. Many people need to be reached by family in case of emergency. I wasn't told until I showed up for work my first day. I probably wouldn't have left my other job if I had known.

10. "Project Controls Specialist"

Current Employee - Senior Project Controls Specialist in Pearland, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Project Controls Specialist in Pearland, TX

I have been working at Honeywell (More than 5 years)

Pros

Honeywell provides a great Work-life flexible schedule

Cons

If you do not have a degree in Engineering, it's VERY hard to grow your career.

Advice to Management

Provide training to current employees that would like to grow their career with Honeywell

11. "International Sales Director"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Honeywell (More than 10 years)

Pros

Terrific Growth Opportunity for Performing Staff /Individuals

Cons

Frequent Organizational Changes Every Year

Advice to Management

Review; Realign Organizational Matrix Reporting for More Effective Results

Showing 35 of 4,631 reviews