Honeywell Reviews in Redmond, WA | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Honeywell President and CEO Darius Adamczyk
Darius Adamczyk

Pros
  • Work/life balance that enables increased output and loyalty (in 357 reviews)

• Good work culture, flexible job timings , good company for freshers (in 123 reviews)

Cons

"Great Co-Workers, Unacceptable Pay"

Former Employee - ISC Supervisor in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - ISC Supervisor in Redmond, WA

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Peers, employees, support team, and site management were all great to work with. Lots of smart, motivated people with good attitudes who are willing to work together in tough headwinds.

Cons

In 18 months working at the Redmond site, I was furloughed for three separate 1-week periods without pay and did not receive a raise. This was the case for ALL supervisors, managers, and engineers. Band 4 and up had bonuses cut as well.

2. "New Employee"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I lucked out with a great manager

Cons

Boring workload, feel more like a technical writer than an engineer

Advice to Management

Cut out worthless processes. Takes forever to get anything done

3. "Engineering Intern at Honeywell Redmond"

Former Intern - Engineering Intern in Redmond, WA
    Former Intern - Engineering Intern in Redmond, WA

I worked at Honeywell as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employee culture. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. Has an Employee Association that organized very cool events like take your kids to word day, baseball lunch (free hot dogs!) etc...

Cons

Based on the statistics, getting a promotion could take a long time. Getting license for software could take awhile.

5. "Great learning experience"

Former Intern - Supply Chain Intern in Redmond, WA
    Former Intern - Supply Chain Intern in Redmond, WA

I worked at Honeywell as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

provided a mentor, feedback from managers, friendly people, lots of opportunity to learn about the manufacturing processes in the defense department

Cons

large gap between management and factory workers, little visibility from the factory workers point of view

6. "Honeywell Aerospace"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Redmond, WA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Redmond, WA

I worked at Honeywell as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I know of

Cons

Clueless Management at the helm

7. "Ekwctronuc Assembler"

Former Contractor - Electronic Assembler IV in Redmond, WA
    Former Contractor - Electronic Assembler IV in Redmond, WA

I worked at Honeywell as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I wish I tell you a plus about my time at Honeywell but I cannot. I did not enjoy my time there.

Cons

Politics, bad morale. Management blames and points the finger at their employees for defective parts, without probable cayse. No recognition for gard warj, poor pay and benefits

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers, they know what they ate doing and their should be your biggest asset! Please stop hiring former police officers who have no experience in priduction management.

"Out of touch with the needs of today's workforce"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Aerospace product lines are high impact and wide-reaching, so the work can be rewarding. Benefits are decent for vested employees, but not great. My advice: get your start here to gain experience in the field, but don't stay longer than 5 years.

Cons

While the stock prices rise, and the CEO rakes in over $20M, Honeywell Aerospace employees did not receive raises in 2016. Further, nearly all non-manufacturing employees had to take 2 weeks of unpaid furlough so far this year (we expect to be asked to take another by the end of the year). There have also been 2 rounds of layoffs this year with another round coming in November. The icing on the cake is the new Aerospace Remote Working policy that basically eliminates that option for nearly all Aerospace employees. The ability to work remote at least part of the week in an area that suffers from extreme traffic congestion was a huge perk that is now being revoked. It is the last straw for many of my colleagues. While many other companies are ditching the traditional 40 hour work week at the office in favor of more flexible schedules and telecommuting options, Honeywell once again proves just how out of touch it is with technology and today’s workforce. How does the company expect to attract and retain top talent with such outdated, old school thinking? It’s a shame because the products people work on in Aerospace are pretty cool, but that cool factor only goes so far.

Advice to Management

Embrace technology and the changing needs of today's workforce. Employees need more flexible work schedules that include telecommuting options!

9. "My early years with AlliedSignal (1992-2000) before the Honeywell merger were great!"

Former Employee - Senior Training Specialist in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Training Specialist in Redmond, WA

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I loved working with my customers and co-workers. My co-workers were always very professional. Pay was good. Until about 2006 the benefits were great.

Cons

Frustrations with management. Changes in my immediate manager and director occurred on an almost yearly basis. The training programs provided did not always pertain to what was need to do the job.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on properly supporting Honeywell customers and not just giving lip service.

"Great Company on the Decline (Honeywell Aerospace)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Pros

Excellent coworkers. I have rarely had as many smart, hardworking and productive individuals to work with. Some of the technical problems are tremendously interesting and challenging. Nice automated cafeteria. Management accommodates a good work-family balance

Cons

No capital investment.
    Micromanagement raised to absurd levels.

Poor pay. Terrible benefits. Inept upper management.

The first things cut in "hard times" are employees. Next comes benefits. Management (which includes upper level engineers) bonuses cut 50%, 401k matching cut from full to 3/4. Health insurance cost rises 10-20% per year for lowest coverage of any major company. 1 week furloughs every quarter. No pay increase in 3 of the last 8 years. No mentoring of young engineers. Older, established engineers looking forward to being offered layoffs. No chance of advancement.

The "Culture and Values" rating is due to exceptional employees, not anything put forth by upper management.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who actually wants it to survive.

"Good People declining expenditures"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer III in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer III in Redmond, WA

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Honeywell had a flexible work schedule, telecommuting, interesting work, great mentors, diverse product portfolio, and lots of offices around the country to visit.

Cons

Leadership is aggressively cutting costs and not investing in the future. New programs often don't make it past the estimation process. VPD is not an agile process and doesn't seem to accelerate anything but waste.

Advice to Management

Tell your employees the real plan and stop focusing on quarterly reports.

Showing 42 of 4,642 reviews