Honeywell Reviews | Glassdoor

Darius Adamczyk

4,560 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • late night calls; work life balance (in 187 reviews)

• The constant pressure to deliver 90 results for Wall Street results in continuous upper management churn & burn mentality (in 103 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Innovative, employee focused company in many ways"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst User Experience Design in Morris Plains, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst User Experience Design in Morris Plains, NJ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've never had a "corporate" job before so I was worried that I wouldn't assimilate, but thanks to some great people, supportive managers & some fun projects I can safely say I made the right decision. Those things aside there are a number of other things that make me happy with my move: lateral/upward mobility is one - the company thrives on moving talent across business units; allowing employees to stay engaged and interested. Location is another, the Morris Plains location is beautiful and really makes coming to work everyday easy. Also, upper management gets it, they seem to be making the right moves to pull in & keep talent and to move the company in the right direction.

Cons

Honeywell is still growing out of "old" corporate culture. There are times when you're working on something that should seemingly be easy, but you're hit with a roadblock that may take longer than you may be used to due to un-necessarily complex processes and/or a long approval chain. That seems to be heading the way of the dinosaur though - in my brief time here so far, it's already gotten better.

Advice to Management

Let that old corporate culture go away, Stay engaged with your employees, Keep innovating products and processes

May 19, 2017 – Honeywell

Welcome! Glad to hear things are going well so far. We’re lucky to have someone so engaged as part of our evolving culture.

2. "Good Company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Hardware Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Hardware Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great career path at least till the middle layer, positive environment, can get entire aerospace product development experience

Cons

Poor Salary and benefits, Complacent management

Advice to Management

Listen to employees

Jul 21, 2017 – Honeywell

Thank you for the positive comments in addition to the feedback. We appreciate that you've taken the time to leave a review.

"Honeywell Swinging"

Current Employee - Draw Technician in Colonial Heights, VA
    Current Employee - Draw Technician in Colonial Heights, VA

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the Top paying jobs. Work not very hard

Cons

You have to work swing shift

Advice to Management

Communication s the key to success

"Relying on the past"

Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Honeywell makes a wide range of significant components for everything that flies. The technical challenges can be very interesting and some of Honeywell's solutions are unique and successful.

Cons

Recent executive changes foretell major strategic changes in many of the company's product lines. The company has 25,000 engineers, scientists, and technicians, 60% of whom don't write software. It's unlikely that a company that constantly reminds it's employees that it is a software company is going to keep those smart engineers much longer. Technical expertise is no longer valued by the top three-four layers of good old boy executives. The technical career path exists on paper. No one knows what the requirements are to climb the last two-three steps.

Advice to Management

Reducing the incentives to stay (pension changes), constantly neglecting 60% of your technical staff, and refusing to acknowledge that technical expertise takens years to develop is going to lead to serious problems. Guys who just graduated from college cannot solve problems vexing people who have done their jobs for 30-40 years.

"Scientist"

Current Employee - Principal Scientist in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Principal Scientist in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work weeks and schedules. 9/80. Clean, safe environment. Lots of great innovative talent and people. New and changing technology. Great place to ...START! And a great stepping stone. Use them as they use you.

Cons

Below market target on salary offerings. Healthcare and assessment process is totalitarian. Benefits have been scaled back, while we are told to our face that shareholders are more important. Company surveys are a joke. The obvious bad results (i.e.: benefit) gets skimmed over by top management, while they focus on the minuscule as change goals. Lots of managers from GE, still old philosophy of ridding of top and bottom 10% by an antiquated 9-block system, which results a high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the GE mentality and 9-block practice. You should have figured that out by now. Stop telling your employees that your shareholders come first, while taking away benefits from the people who make this company successful. Why are you a leader in technology, but a follower in benefits and perceived worth as an employee to the company?

"Darius up to bat with Cote watching from the board room"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

exciting place to work, very fast pace, lots of change, good people in the trenches.

Cons

Corporate management only has 30-day patience for results. This trickles down into organization culture. The constant pressure to deliver 90 results for Wall Street results in continuous upper management churn & burn mentality.

Advice to Management

Need to better balance the longer term strategic growth initiatives and invest more into innovative technology. Let the staff do there job and build future solutions over 12-18 month period. Great new technology takes time. Even Apple has delayed a new iPhone intro in the past. Need to better balance this with the short term financial commitments of the share owners. In the long term, the company will benefit and grow top & bottom lines if they look longer term.

Jul 14, 2017 – Honeywell

We appreciate that you’ve shared your experience and noted the excitement of the workplace! Thanks for your review and for your feedback.

"Just a Number"

Current Employee - Engineering Technician III in Deer Valley, AZ
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician III in Deer Valley, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are good

Cons

Lack of employee appreciation, everyone is just a number.

"End of an era"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Had a great career path

Cons

No longer care about employees

Advice to Management

Quit while you are ahead

"It was Time to Go"

Former Employee - Site Finance Controller in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Site Finance Controller in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large company to work For

Cons

Lack of strong management. Senior Leadership has lost touch with the employee base. The only driver now is shareholder value. This value proposition is coming at the expense of employees.

Advice to Management

You have lost touch with your employee base. It is no longer as advantageous to work for Honeywell. Other companies cultures have surpassed Honeywells and the offer more competitive employee advantages including lower healthcare cost.

10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Moca, PR
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Moca, PR

Pros

A lot of Flexibility, very good pay, no traffic at the area

Cons

Sometimes when you work for a big company you feel you are just another one in the machinery

Jul 14, 2017 – Honeywell

Thank you for your review; we're glad you're having a great experience with our company.

Showing 4,560 of 4,801 reviews