Honeywell Reviews | Glassdoor

Darius Adamczyk

5,087 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Innovative, employee focused company in many ways"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst User Experience Design in Morris Plains, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst User Experience Design in Morris Plains, NJ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've never had a "corporate" job before so I was worried that I wouldn't assimilate, but thanks to some great people, supportive managers & some fun projects I can safely say I made the right decision. Those things aside there are a number of other things that make me happy with my move: lateral/upward mobility is one - the company thrives on moving talent across business units; allowing employees to stay engaged and interested. Location is another, the Morris Plains location is beautiful and really makes coming to work everyday easy. Also, upper management gets it, they seem to be making the right moves to pull in & keep talent and to move the company in the right direction.

Cons

Honeywell is still growing out of "old" corporate culture. There are times when you're working on something that should seemingly be easy, but you're hit with a roadblock that may take longer than you may be used to due to un-necessarily complex processes and/or a long approval chain. That seems to be heading the way of the dinosaur though - in my brief time here so far, it's already gotten better.

Advice to Management

Let that old corporate culture go away, Stay engaged with your employees, Keep innovating products and processes

Honeywell Response

May 19, 2017 – Honeywell

Welcome! Glad to hear things are going well so far. We’re lucky to have someone so engaged as part of our evolving culture.

2. "Best job in the world"

Current Employee - Computer Technician in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Computer Technician in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits and great bosses

Cons

Requires a lot of training

Advice to Management

Better relationships with customers

3. "great company - challenging work"

Former Employee - Director in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Director in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Global company offering challenging work and collaborative environment

Cons

Global collaboration makes for long hours

Advice to Management

offer better benefits

4. "sustain Engjneer"

I have been working at Honeywell full-time

Pros

Good environment Good installation good benefits

Cons

not development people stay on same positions for a long time

"Administrative Assistant"

I worked at Honeywell full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work Life Balance, schedule was great

Cons

There were no cons, they are good to employees

Advice to Management

None

6. "Honeywell Mechanical Engineer"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance has been very good. Opportunities to move groups throughout the company are seemingly endless.

Cons

Poor job of developing talent.

7. "Engineer"

I worked at Honeywell full-time

Pros

lots of opportunity for growth.

Cons

had a manager that micromanaged

"Pretty typical big company"

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Like many have already said, the people are mostly very nice and easy to work with.

Cons

Let's be honest--Honeywell simply doesn't care about it's employees. No more ability to work from home. Instead, they make us all sit in an awful open floor plan that looks like a prison yard and makes people miserable. Vacation policy for non-exempt employees is weak. The insurance is pretty much the worse I've ever had. Layoffs are common. Morale stinks for a reason. American jobs given to Indians without care or thought. I tell everyone who will listen about this in particular. Honeywell doesn't give a damn about hollowing out the American middle class.

Advice to Management

Why bother giving the management advice? They'll just twist it and spit it back as corporate double-speak.

9. "Test Engineer at Honeywell Aerospace"

Current Employee - Test Engineer III in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Test Engineer III in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to maintain work life balance with flexible work hours. Feel a strong sense of job security and room to grow so long as the factory remains in business.

Cons

Generally, a toxic atmosphere reigns over the south bend plant. The recent lock out grew tensions between salaried and hourly union workers. Leadership seems to hold onto incompetent workers. Deviations in the manufacturing process affect a surprisingly large amount of the product being made.

There’s a bi-modal population distribution between entry-level and senior level employees nearing retirement age. It seems most young people come in for ~3 years and run away.

They recently debuted “unlimited vacation” but left approval to your manager’s descretion. My manager claims to not have resources to allow anyone in the group to take more vacation than they were allotted before this policy. That leaves the newer employees with 2 weeks, and the veterans with 4-6 weeks depending on tenure, so what’s the point?

Advice to Management

Increase incentives to encourage younger employees to stay.

10. "Great people and culture, slow growth to employees... in PR."

Current Employee - Engineer I Mechanical in Aguadilla, PR
    Current Employee - Engineer I Mechanical in Aguadilla, PR

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good standard benefit package (401k, Health/Med Plan, Life Insurance, Company matching), great people making part of great teams no matter what position you are in. Employee discounts, great innovative/helpful site management, higher paying than many other engineering opportunities in PR.

Flexible work hours, good cafeterias in both PR sites.

Cons

Good engineers keep waiting to get noticed, promotions in Puerto Rico have become slow, almost halted across many teams even when they are going above and beyond their current roles for less than national average pay in a U.S. territory that just gets more expensive/exclusive. The educational assistance was a catch, in my case. Management made it look as if everyone gets a chance and that you can get started quick after a year with the company, but they have made it impossible for me to obtain approvals to continue studying in related fields (after more than 2 years) and in cases where I have had the opportunity to grow and learn from other design tools I have been slamed with a no for an answer in front of other peers. (Almost makes it feel like they really didn't want me to grow).

Many employee discounts for PR are irrelevant or outdated to local stores and discounts available are less than half of those in U.S mainland... worst than that... company products offered to employees at a diacounted price are actually cheaper in Amazon for everyone to buy.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees academically so they can invest back and help you grow.

Showing 5,087 of 5,371 reviews