Honeywell Reviews | Glassdoor

Honeywell President and CEO Darius Adamczyk
Darius Adamczyk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Pretty typical big company"

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Like many have already said, the people are mostly very nice and easy to work with.

Cons

Let's be honest--Honeywell simply doesn't care about it's employees. No more ability to work from home. Instead, they make us all sit in an awful open floor plan that looks like a prison yard and makes people miserable. Vacation policy for non-exempt employees is weak. The insurance is pretty much the worse I've ever had. Layoffs are common. Morale stinks for a reason. American jobs given to Indians without care or thought. I tell everyone who will listen about this in particular. Honeywell doesn't give a damn about hollowing out the American middle class.

Advice to Management

Why bother giving the management advice? They'll just twist it and spit it back as corporate double-speak.

"Acquisition and other observations"

I worked at Honeywell full-time

Pros

Many career options due to the large size of the company. Many great employees working there.

Cons

Benefits are expensive. Transparency is lacking post acquisitions. See management comments.

Advice to Management

I worked at Honeywell for over a year due to being acquired. I voluntarily left the company to work for a smaller privately owned company. In general, Honeywell is a very good company with many good employees. The company is obsessed with metrics (not necessarily a bad thing – but it is a data point) and leadership is solely focused on the bottom line. That means furloughs do happen on a regular basis somewhere across the Honeywell company.
    Post-acquisition – my advice to any back-office professional (purchasing, payroll, HR, accounting, marketing, IT, etc.) is to start looking for a new job. My experience is that for many, they will either eliminate your role or eliminate you so they can bring in their own people. My latter statement is where the Honeywell arrogance is very overwhelming. They do not believe in training incumbents in doing things the Honeywell way – rather they will dismiss you and bring in their own. It has been my experience their arrogance also surfaces in that the “Honeywell way is best” – they have a hard time listening to new/outside ideas or approaches.
    It takes the right personality to be successful at Honeywell.

"Layoffs"

I have been working at Honeywell full-time

Pros

Not many.... pay is decent

Cons

Layoffs layoffs layoffs. 3 in last 6 months

"Life is better spent elsewhere"

Pros

Pay for performance. Prestige of working for a large company.

Cons

Demeaning work environment. There is a constant effort to remove any benefit - no matter how small - from employees and offshore everything.

"Like a #"

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent health care benefit coverage

Cons

Company is making there employees feel more like a number

Advice to Management

Talk and listen to you employees,

"Declining quickly"

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The industry I am involved with is doing well. YOY growth.
    Pay is competitive if you come from the outside.

Cons

Continue to furlough employee's regularly along with downsizing. Our revenue is increasing but we are not making unrealistic projections. This makes the company take short sighted approach to operations. Moving everything to China, Korea or Mexico. Exceedingly poor moral and inwardly focused activities.

Advice to Management

The micromanaging has to stop. We can't make a decision even at mid-level managers so everything grinds to a halt. The company is functionally silo'ed and the business and customers suffer. I have heard from senior management say "That's not our job." even though it effects the customers directly. Put lower level leaders in place and let them deliver results.

"Times have changed"

Current Employee - Just Another Screwdriver
    Current Employee - Just Another Screwdriver

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mid level management still gets it but upper level leadership is completely disconnected from their team and their customers.

Cons

An organization that has gone from being great leadership to negative leadership to abusive leadership.

Advice to Management

Create direction, expect accountability but then let your leaders lead. Stop nanomanaging the business. With the incredible turnover in the organization when will you realize you are heading down a dangerous path? When its too late?

"Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, fairly decent benefits although they are beginning to draw back

Cons

Management non-cooperative with front line people

Advice to Management

lead from the front and not from behind

"Managing by Fear & Incredibly High Turnover"

Current Employee - ISC in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - ISC in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salaries are competitive, benefits average, 401k very good, many of people are good to work with and helpful despite the obstacles.

Cons

Executive Leaders manage by fear and intimidation. No work-life balance, can't work from home and expected to work 24/7. Routinely micro-managed with no empowerment to make decisions and nearly all decisions must be approved at the very top. Turnover is absurdly high, with longevity measured in months and not years of service.

Advice to Management

Promoting (then protecting) incompetent executive leaders who blame everyone else for their mismanagement is a real shame. Set the friendships or personal loyalties aside. They fire those who challenge or threaten their infallibility and create a toxic culture.

10. "Decent Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was competitive. The on the ground Field Service Techs were great to work with. The equipment was top of the line.

Cons

Middle management wasn't the greatest after long standing managers left the company. After I was let go, employees were told not to contact me. Did not offer to relocate me when I switched contracts to a site farther away from my residence than the previous site. The company was a little tribal and insular.

Advice to Management

Don't blacklist former employees. Listen to employee issues and get to the root of problems. Hire more help.

Showing 794 of 5,378 reviews