Honeywell Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4,568 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • late night calls; work life balance (in 187 reviews)

• The constant pressure to deliver 90 results for Wall Street results in continuous upper management churn & burn mentality (in 103 reviews)

1. "Honeywell"

I have been working at Honeywell full-time

Pros

Great work life balance, fair pay.

Cons

Very limited PTO, few opportunities to advance

2. "Building skilled teams"

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team I am on invested in hiring experienced professionals to build skilled teams in support of big initiatives. They also just started a great new onboarding program for new hires and the HR tools are very easy to use. There is also great technology, software's and infrastructure to support global collaboration.

Cons

There is no work space / office space for new (and many existing) employees

Advice to Management

Revisit looking at best business practices to enable remote working and consider re-implementing a remote-work program

3. "Job Reveiw"

I have been working at Honeywell full-time

Pros

Compensation. Working in teams to develop customer based solutions.

Cons

Remote location given our headquarters are in Houston.

Advice to Management

None

"Relying on the past"

Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Honeywell makes a wide range of significant components for everything that flies. The technical challenges can be very interesting and some of Honeywell's solutions are unique and successful.

Cons

Recent executive changes foretell major strategic changes in many of the company's product lines. The company has 25,000 engineers, scientists, and technicians, 60% of whom don't write software. It's unlikely that a company that constantly reminds it's employees that it is a software company is going to keep those smart engineers much longer. Technical expertise is no longer valued by the top three-four layers of good old boy executives. The technical career path exists on paper. No one knows what the requirements are to climb the last two-three steps.

Advice to Management

Reducing the incentives to stay (pension changes), constantly neglecting 60% of your technical staff, and refusing to acknowledge that technical expertise takens years to develop is going to lead to serious problems. Guys who just graduated from college cannot solve problems vexing people who have done their jobs for 30-40 years.

5. "Energy"

Pros

As an account manager I spend all my time in the field. I have freedom to set my schedule an operate with minimal oversight. As long as my contractors were helping produce, everything is fine!

Cons

It is a fee for service contract based work. state regulators over electricity providers have to approve. It is a long drawn out process.

"Scientist"

Current Employee - Principal Scientist in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Principal Scientist in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work weeks and schedules. 9/80. Clean, safe environment. Lots of great innovative talent and people. New and changing technology. Great place to ...START! And a great stepping stone. Use them as they use you.

Cons

Below market target on salary offerings. Healthcare and assessment process is totalitarian. Benefits have been scaled back, while we are told to our face that shareholders are more important. Company surveys are a joke. The obvious bad results (i.e.: benefit) gets skimmed over by top management, while they focus on the minuscule as change goals. Lots of managers from GE, still old philosophy of ridding of top and bottom 10% by an antiquated 9-block system, which results a high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the GE mentality and 9-block practice. You should have figured that out by now. Stop telling your employees that your shareholders come first, while taking away benefits from the people who make this company successful. Why are you a leader in technology, but a follower in benefits and perceived worth as an employee to the company?

7. "Project Control Specialist"

Current Employee - Project Controls Specialist in Las Vegas, NM
    Current Employee - Project Controls Specialist in Las Vegas, NM

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers. Opportunity. as there is multiple divisions.

Cons

Value and worth of employees is not recognize .

8. "analyst"

I worked at Honeywell full-time

Pros

Excellent benefit and pension plan

Cons

Poor quality of work life

Advice to Management

stop laying off US employees

"Darius up to bat with Cote watching from the board room"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

exciting place to work, very fast pace, lots of change, good people in the trenches.

Cons

Corporate management only has 30-day patience for results. This trickles down into organization culture. The constant pressure to deliver 90 results for Wall Street results in continuous upper management churn & burn mentality.

Advice to Management

Need to better balance the longer term strategic growth initiatives and invest more into innovative technology. Let the staff do there job and build future solutions over 12-18 month period. Great new technology takes time. Even Apple has delayed a new iPhone intro in the past. Need to better balance this with the short term financial commitments of the share owners. In the long term, the company will benefit and grow top & bottom lines if they look longer term.

Honeywell Response

Jul 14, 2017 – Honeywell

We appreciate that you’ve shared your experience and noted the excitement of the workplace! Thanks for your review and for your feedback.

"Just a Number"

Current Employee - Engineering Technician III in Deer Valley, AZ
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician III in Deer Valley, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are good

Cons

Lack of employee appreciation, everyone is just a number.

Showing 4,568 of 4,809 reviews