Honeywell Supervisor Reviews | Glassdoor

Darius Adamczyk
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance can become an issue (in 206 reviews)

• Very little to no work-life balance (in 55 reviews)

1. "Facilities supervisor"

Current Employee - Facilities Supervisor in Golden Valley, MN
    Current Employee - Facilities Supervisor in Golden Valley, MN

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for advancement and learning

Cons

Not close to where I live but that's not their fault

"Great Co-Workers, Unacceptable Pay"

Former Employee - ISC Supervisor in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - ISC Supervisor in Redmond, WA

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Peers, employees, support team, and site management were all great to work with. Lots of smart, motivated people with good attitudes who are willing to work together in tough headwinds.

Cons

In 18 months working at the Redmond site, I was furloughed for three separate 1-week periods without pay and did not receive a raise. This was the case for ALL supervisors, managers, and engineers. Band 4 and up had bonuses cut as well.

3. "Manufacturing Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer/Supervisor in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer/Supervisor in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Job Experience and continuous education

Cons

The medical benefits are not that great

"Horrible Organization"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no Pros. They are not deserving of any stars at all. Glassdoor makes your select at least one....

Cons

This is by far, the worst company I have ever worked for, period. And not by choice! I was part of a recent acquisition or should I say, I am a victim of a recent acquisition. Honeywell bought us and quickly destroyed our operating model, forced us to transition to their benefit programs (which is literally unaffordable), and downgraded all of our positions. Having worked in my industry for many years - I have worked hard and earned a senior level manager position and now Honeywell tells me I will be "supervisor". They preach that they are customer focused and care about their employees, but that is far from the truth. If you are looking for a job with flexibility - YOU WILL NOT GET THAT HERE. They do not allow you to work from home or take vacation. Work/Life balance does not exist. They have moved to an "unlimited" vacation program, but this is not because they want salary/exempt employees (non-exempt employees are not eligible for the program) to actually have unlimited vacation. It’s because their turnover is so high and they cannot retain people, they needed a way to reduce cost and not payout vacation to employees who quit. Their culture is disgusting. I am honestly sad for anyone who chooses to work here on their own merit. You are clearly desperate for a job. Those of you who are a part of acquisitions, I feel your pain. You are not alone. Unfortunately, they will continue to buy companies, destroy the integrity of that company, and eliminate those employees and move on to the next business. Regardless of an acquisition or not, they are a horrible organization and a despicable place to work. Be warned, stay away.

Advice to Management

Stop buying companies just to ruin them. You care nothing about your employees. Stop focusing on the evaluation of your shares and getting all your executives rich. Do something to benefit your employees.

"Frustration; Lazy Union; No investment in employees"

Current Employee - ISC Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - ISC Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Honeywell (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to learn new skills, opportunity to meet and learn from good leaders

Cons

Laying people off, forcing people to retire, forcing people to work mandatory overtime for 6 days a week. Very little leadership development, corporate micromanaging, very negative and frustrating place to work. no investment in employees, it's a revolving door of young motivated people trying to make a name for themselves at the bottom of the pay scale. They cancel annual raises, cut training programs like Green belt doc Sigma, old dirty building that has water leaking through the roof when it rains. Benefits are discouraging.

Advice to Management

Lean will never work when you have a union who's whole philosophy is to do things the way they've always been done. Stop putting the burden of what the leadership team has agreed to on the backs of the factory. Leadership needs to support its team, not tax it. Invest in the employees.

6. "It's has been a very gratifying experience and great employer."

Current Employee - Senior Technical Supervisor in Moca, PR
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Supervisor in Moca, PR

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The flexibility provided when personal situations arise and the opportunities given to explore different jobs inside the company. The salary is very competitive.

Cons

The telecommuting agreements changes during 2016 limiting the use of it and limited recognitions to employee efforts and the work force reduction done during 2016.

Advice to Management

Work to maintain the good resources thru recognitions and other tools.

"Supervisory position"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Only pro is that I still have a job with them. Not everyone can say that. Layoffs are happening within the company - all divisions within the company.

Cons

TERRIBLE benefits, insurance, and management. No one wants to make any decisions at the site level. Morale is horrible. Everyone stays in constant fear of losing their job. Absolute worst place to work. Hanging on by a thread until I turn 50. I will never recommend anyone work at this company. Do NOT be fooled by what others are saying about the company being in any way great- it is not.

Advice to Management

At some point actually care about people who work for Honeywell.

8. "It's OK"

Current Employee - ISC Supervisor in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - ISC Supervisor in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Honeywell full-time

Pros

Work/life balance if you're hourly
    Compensation is good
    Flexible time off

Cons

Standard shifts with few deviations.
    Poor work/life balance for management.
    High deductible healthcare causes you to spend $5000 before it kicks in. Cost is very high.
    Starting compensation is good but does not progress with you.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what your front line managers have to say. Most of them have good ideas.

"Honeywell Aerospace ISC"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer and ISC Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer and ISC Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of work and overtime

Cons

Work life balance. Honeywell Aerospace ISC expects no less than 30 percent overtime to support business needs.

Advice to Management

Be receptive and act on employee concerns. Reduce overtime from 40 percent to less than 20 percent.

"Quality Supervisor"

Former Employee - Quality Supervisor in Greer, SC
    Former Employee - Quality Supervisor in Greer, SC

I worked at Honeywell (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to develop lean skills and move up if you have the ability.

Cons

Aerospace is very unstable business and expect periodic layoffs

Advice to Management

Corporate HQ needs to listen to Site level management