KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

HonorHealth

Is this your company?

HonorHealth

Add a Review

HonorHealth Employee Reviews about "jcl"

Updated Aug 14, 2020

3.9
HonorHealth CEO  Todd LaPorte (no image)
Todd LaPorte
Pros
  • "Great company, supportive, great benefits(in 26 reviews)

• "good benefits and tuition assistance(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Going through many changes, challenging patient population/demographics at JCL North Mtn(in 13 reviews)

• "Upper management does not listen(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "jcl"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love working here! No plans to leave

Jul 5, 2015 - Patient Care Tech I in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling Good benefits Great supervisors Many opportunities for employees to get involved and be heard Room for growth and advancement - tuition reimbursement

Cons

Due to ACA national changes as well as new CNO & merger of SHC & JCL, there have been a lot of changes to adapt to. Some units have high turnover due to lower staff morale - mostly related to cost containment with aforementioned merger & ACA

4 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Nothing special

Aug 14, 2020 - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work when it was Scottsdale Healthcare

Cons

Merger with JCL drove away the best people

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Better than most, but not the best

Dec 5, 2017 - Emergency Department RN in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

In general, I like my job. My supervisor is responsive to employees and encourages us the participate in the department. The pay is competitive (I think). There are plenty of opportunities for transfer and/or advancement.

Cons

After JCL merged with Scottsdale, they have been cleaning house and pretty much firing all the upper management, which is sometimes a good thing, some times not. Unfortunately, it creates uncertainty with employees, which leads to higher turn over. My other complaint is the insurance. I HATE AmeriBen, which is management company for our insurance. They are constantly trying to scam me into paying for stuff they should cover, so I have to call and tell them how to do their job. I am honestly looking for another job in part beacuase I am so frustrated with them. Also, if you live in the west valley, there are limited options for providers.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Current Contractor, more than 5 years

Sinking Ship

Oct 2, 2017 - Diagnostic Imaging Technologist in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the people I've worked with over the years; they are truly what keeps me there. This includes my supervisors and directors. Pay is good and team work is definitely prominent here.

Cons

This hospital was great when I started here before joining networks - there were great benefits, jobs were easily available, etc. They told us to not call it a merge in 2012 at JCL, but we all knew better unfortunately. Cuts are being made left and right now, they won't approve hours for tasks that are necessary for the department, they are even low on supplies we need, and are all about quantity over quality now. This is to no fault of either hospital, but management not researching and prepping better as well as worrying about our financial needs over patient care. Half of us put on our self reviews that our goal for the next few years was just to keep our jobs, which is sad. Luckily, I'm hourly, but they seem to abuse anyone who works salary.

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A company to settle into.

Jan 13, 2015 - Quality Assurance in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Generous PTO, somewhat flexible schedules, work from home for some departments. Limited tuition assistance. Employee discounts to other companies (gyms, cell phone providers). 403b. SHC has a great reputation with patients for excellent care. Very recognizable company.

Cons

Pay is very low for similar jobs with other organizations. Employee moral has gone down consistently over the last 6-7 years. IT is a critical department to the organization and is constantly underfunded and possibly mismanaged. Software is outdated and computer systems are slow. The value of the medical benefits is gradually reduced every year. There is currently a lot of uncertainty related to the JCL merger.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Honor Health

Dec 22, 2016 - Manager in Goodyear, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salaries are competitive. Office is nice in Scottsdale.

Cons

Management team uses an outdated model. Very top down. The merger was an unpleasant experience especially for JCL employees. All or most of the management jobs went to Scottsdale people. The cultures were very different. JCL was a great place to work prior to the merger but I wouldn't choose to go back and I'm hearing the same thing from other middle managers - both clinical & at the business office.

11 people found this review helpful

HonorHealth Response

We apologize for the less than positive experience you had with HonorHealth. We will use your feedback to better our process and to make our company a great place to work.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent over past several years.

Jan 5, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay. Great dept management. Work at home. Love doing the work and flexibility of scheduling. Computer supplied.

Cons

Unfortunately they decided to outsource our department. Software change after merger with JCL affecting every level of employment, every department.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Previously Good

Jan 18, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The older nurses really care about the hospital and patients, the benefits are adequate and the PTO is good.

Cons

The recent merger between SHC and JCL has led to high management bringing in outside consultants that seem bent on destroying the system. When I started 5 years previous there were no travelers or registry staff, when I left half of some floors were travelers. I have nothing against travel nurses but all the young talent to replace the retiring nurses were driven out.

6 people found this review helpful

HonorHealth Response

Reputation Management Specialist

Thanks for sharing your honest feedback. I'm sorry this was your experience as a nurse at HonorHealth, but please know we take your comments seriously and will use them to continually improve our nurse hiring processes.

9. 4.0

Nurse

Sep 19, 2017 - Employee in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Promote growth within the company

Cons

Scottsdale Healthcare has gone "cheap" since merger with JCL.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 4.0

Nurse

Mar 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very knowledgeable team, supportive, Magnet status, advancement and education opportunities.

Cons

Going through many changes, challenging patient population/demographics at JCL North Mtn.

Be the first to find this review helpful