Hoopis Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Peter H. Hoopis

1. "Opportunity for growth and development"

Current Employee - Hoopis Group Staff Member in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Hoopis Group Staff Member in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hoopis Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my time with Hoopis Group I have had an incredible experience. I can honestly say that I love coming into the office every day. A few of the pros to working at this firm are the amazing people I am surrounded with, the culture, and professional growth opportunities. I have been lucky enough to have the freedom to work and thrive in this environment without being micromanaged. I love that I get to work independently, but still be surrounded by a great team of intelligent and witty people that I can reach out to for support and guidance.

Cons

I wish we had a Starbucks in our building!

Advice to Management

Hoopis Group has a strong team of management that understand the importance of working together. Our management is also great at giving positive and constructive feedback to their team members and their juniors.

2. "Horrible!"

I worked at Hoopis Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Part of MassMutual, great policyholder-owned company.

Cons

Management is distant, clueless, little access when you need help. Lots of chiefs and few Indians. Office is a pit, with cubes that make you feel rat-like. Systems don't function. All commission: you are expected to sell life insurance to everyone, even if they don't need it. Horrible experience, would not recommend as employee or client. Beware!

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves! You apparently have written all these reviews.

Hoopis Group Response

Jan 25, 2017 – Executive Assistant

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts. After being with our firm for more than three years, we are sorry to hear that you had a less than desirable experience. We pride ourselves on helping our ... More

3. "Financial advisor apprenticeship program"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Apprenticeship Program in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor Apprenticeship Program in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hoopis Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a very thorough and intensive training program. You get to be a financial advisor quickly and have the support of a mentor to help you along the way. Additionally, your marketing plan to help you aquire clients is developed from the interview process early on. This makes growing a book of business easier than other places.

Cons

The compensation package is rather confusing and very sales based. In fact the role is more sales based than other financial advisor roles. For example, they make a lot of money off of selling life insurance, so they really push you to sell those.

Advice to Management

Management is really focused and determined. They have performed tremendously well and continue to grow Hoopis.

5. "Hoopis is great!"

Pros

- Awesome culture and fun people to hangout with. We have a great work hard/ play hard philosophy
    - Have some great mentors that really help you throughout the whole training process and are always willing to help
    - Have the autonomy to work as you please but also the support and resources for whatever you might need

Cons

- It is something you have to put a lot of time into but it's all worth it because as much as you put in is as much as you get out

6. "Hoopis"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hoopis Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The location is easy walking distance from Union Station.

Cons

They really don't want inexperienced people there. The training and education is very substandard.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. There's a huge disconnect there.

Hoopis Group Response

Mar 1, 2016 – Executive Recruiting Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We don’t feel like training and development is “one size fits all”, and what might work for some doesn’t work for others. We’ll take into ... More

7. "Hoopis"

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hoopis Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Hoopis team thrives on work-life balance. The flexibility that this job offers is second to none but don't mistake that for not having to work hard. Don't think it's possible to create a better work environment then the one we have here.

Cons

Easy to get distracted when you work with so many people that you like. Not sure that's a bad thing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Hoopis is still on the up and coming and continuing to grow.

8. "It doesn't get better than this!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hoopis Group full-time

Pros

The culture here is, simply put, amazing! I honestly enjoy coming to work every day because of the people I'm surrounded by. It's a very professional environment but no one here takes themselves too seriously. People are always laughing and joking around with each other. I also really like that we have an open door policy. Our CEO is very accessible and truly wants every individual here to succeed. Knowing that is really what motivates everyone to give it their all every day that they're here. This is definitely a work hard, play hard environment. We do a lot of team outings and happy hours just to kick back and have some fun. I really enjoy doing that because it never feels like I'm going out with "coworkers" as much as I am with friends who I happen to work with.

I've worked for a number of different companies - everything from your start-ups to the well established and more traditional companies - and Hoopis Group is by far the best one.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! We have a great team.

9. "Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great culture, work hard-play hard mentality, amazing people who truly care about your success, great leaders who will go above and beyond for us, training that is 2nd to none, variety of resources for both advisors and clients,

Cons

There are no cons at this firm

10. "Culture and Growth"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Chicago, IL

Pros

Culture and Growth. A group of great people who all work together towards a big goal. The office is growing exponentially and our position in the marketplace as a large boutique financial planning and wealth management firm seperates us from many of the competition. The work life balance and encouragement by management to "work to live" vs. "live to work" is refreshing.

Cons

The growth is big. Growing by large percentages in revenue and advisors causes growing pains. Great problems to have!

11. "Apprenticeship Program"

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hoopis Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic program. They train for 8 weeks leading up to entering the field. In-depth product and language training that is unlike most development programs in the industry. Great company atmosphere.

Cons

Very entrepreneurial so must be self motivated. Can be difficult at the beginning.

Advice to Management

Add more role play and language training before entering the field. Product material is fantastic.