Hooters Reviews | Glassdoor

Hooters Reviews

Updated April 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good money, Flexible schedule, Friendly staff (in 55 reviews)

• Great tips, fun environment, easy work (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours if you do have to close (in 45 reviews)

• There is not much room for growth (in 8 reviews)

"Biased & Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Hooters Girl in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Hooters Girl in Richmond, VA

I worked at Hooters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting new people
    Somewhat flexible work schedule
    Discount of food (50%) during shift
    Ability to make good money during busy nights or certain events

Cons

Unprofessional work environment - the managers tend to be biased towards girls who've been there longer & etc
    Lack of diversity and almost obvious biased by ethnicity - From my experience you have to work 10x harder being a woman of color and even then it still isn't enough. Girls without a work ethic get away with murder just because they "fit the profile"
    Mostly slow during day shifts, there's only about an hour & a half rush during lunch and the rest of the shift is slow, including weekend days
    Drama and gossip between girls

Advice to Management

I enjoyed the environment in the beginning until I started to realize the cons outweigh the pros. I believe hooters can be a great place to work with the right adjustments. First of all, make sure to hire managers who care about bringing diversity into the stores. It's 2017, beautiful woman comes in all shapes & forms and that should be celebrated. Just not the typical European beauty standard. I'd say some if the rules are outdated, diversity includes accepting different looks. All natural hair textures should be accepted as long as it looks well put together. Straight or waved hair having to be worn down all the time has long been a thing of the past. Adding a little diversity brings in different types of clientele therefore creating a better overall environment. Treat all your employees fairly, everyone should be given a fair shot. Don't accept drama in the workplace. The girls already have a lot going on, all these things on top of it create a hostile work environment and affects customer service. It's time to step up, Hooters!

"Fun and Easy"

Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Hooters (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easiest serving job, you make a lot of friends, they have a lot of benefits for employees from employee of the quarter to simple gifts like personalized sweaters and bags for working there for over a year. They are typically really flexible with schedules and getting shifts covered is usually easy.

Cons

It can be challenging working with all girls at times, you deal with the typical old man who wants to hit on you and may be inappropriate, but you learn to deal with it properly. There are a lot of rules that come with the job that must be followed from the amount of make up you wear, color of your hair to the size and color of your jewelry.

Advice to Management

Male managers: Some times its important to remember you're dealing with teenage - young adult girls when speaking and handling situations.

3. "Hooters Girl"

Former Employee - Michigan in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Michigan in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Hooters full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hooters has a very positive and reassuring work environment. Your fellow employees are very fun to work with. And the money is great.

Cons

Sometimes Hooters can be misrepresented. Is sometime can affect your job while waiting on certain people with the wrong impressions. But overall that's very rare.

Advice to Management

Be more involved and don't expect Perfection from anyone. Customers are the most important thing not the sales in the store.

5. "Perfect 💘"

Former Employee - Server in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Server in Louisville, KY

I worked at Hooters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really get to make new friends, it's like a sisterhood and everyone feels like family.
    Get to listen to loud music all day/night.
    Feels like a party.

Cons

Really no downsides to working here

6. "Hooters"

Current Employee - Kitchen Staff in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Kitchen Staff in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Hooters full-time

Pros

They Are Really Flexible With Scheduling. Really Fun Team To Be Apart Of.

Cons

They Don't Give Enough Raises. Management Sometimes NEVER Help The Kitchen Team Memebers When Not Enough Are Scheduled.

Advice to Management

Take Pride In Your Emplyoees And Give Raises As You Should. We Would Be Willing To Do More If you Paid Accordingly.

"Corporate Trainer, Image Coach, Bartender"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hooters full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for with numerous opportunities for the girls to do promos, shoots, and of course, the Hooters calendar. I've been there for almost six years, and it has been some of the best years of my life.

Cons

Sometimes you can see favoritism from management towards some of the staff. Some employees can get away with breaking some rules or doing a "lazy job." If others do the same, however, they are written up and reprimanded.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone the same no matter how long they have been working there or how much you like them. There are rules for a reason,and if a veteran goes against them, they too need to be discplined. Also, there needs to before positive reinforcement. Don't just tell the girls what they are doing wrong. Also tell them what they are doing right.

8. "Overall good company to work for"

Former Employee - Waitress in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Waitress in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at Hooters (More than a year)

Pros

Good money for those going through college, you typically make your own hours, great customer service training

Cons

Working with a lot of girls at one time is not always desirable. You have to deal with rude or strange customers almost daily.

Advice to Management

In this career field and especially at this restraunt the management need to remember to treat girls with respect and do not put them down. Several times management would tell girls they needed to diet or lose weight.

9. "its ok for now"

Current Employee - Hooters Girl in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Hooters Girl in San Antonio, TX

Pros

The tips are ok, you have to shark tables for good money.

Cons

secret shoppers every month that can get you fired

10. "General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Amarillo, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Amarillo, TX

I worked at Hooters (More than a year)

Pros

Takes care of their people, great benefits

Cons

Not enough training, nothing negative

11. "Thumbs downnn"

Former Employee - Server in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Server in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Hooters (Less than a year)

Pros

Made over $100 every night in tips

Cons

The management says they are there to help but get frustrated when they have to; they have at least 8-10 girls on the floor at once on busier nights and only one manager to help us all whenever we need it which can happen way too often (this includes helping the kitchen staff too); the girls will get jealous of you especially if you're making more money than them or getting requested by tables back to back; girls will steal from the dressing room

Advice to Management

You are there to help......please do so without the attitude. It doesn't help when we have 9 tables with 3+ people at them each all at once and we ask for your help and you throw a fit. Do your job.