KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 522 of over 591 reviews

4.2
Hootsuite CEO Tom Keiser
Tom Keiser

What people are saying about Hootsuite

Join the conversation on

Social Media Strategy

24d

works at

SaaS

How do you find using Hubspot to manage your social content, engagement and measurement? I’m considering using it versus other tools out there like Hootsuite. What would you do? 😆 Context: Small tech start up with global audience currently using LinkedIn, YouTube and considering Twitter

8 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "low pay and nearly impossible lateral/upward movement.(in 29 reviews)
  • "Poor management: Too much focus on the task and not the individuals(in 29 reviews)
  • "Low Salary, Lack of Promotion, Unless you're in Sales(in 25 reviews)
  • "Lack of leadership and accountability in(in 18 reviews)
  • "many managers promoted to positions they are not qualified for and are not removed when their lack of qualifications has negative consequences(in 11 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Hootsuite and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Talented new leadership at the top!

Aug 2, 2021 - Vice President Enterprise Sales in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The talent here from top to bottom is so impressive. That speaks to the power of the Hootsuite brand – we attract many smart and driven people. The company created the social media management category. The customer list is so big, and the built-in thought leadership and expertise make selling (almost) easy. :) #customerobsessed is one of our guiding principles. Our culture is inclusive and welcoming. The sales team works with an #everyonewins mantra. It's one of the most supportive and positive cultures I've been a part of. Our sales team is loved and respected by all the other teams. It's such a collaborative selling environment where everyone wants to help. We have a great sales tech stack too – Gong, SFDC, Highspot, SalesLoft, etc. Lots of great perks – wellness week, half-day/no meetings Fridays, Mac/Google environment, sweet vacation and health benefits.

Cons

We probably hold too many recurring meetings, but our space is changing faster than other SaaS verticals. The no meetings Fridays mean we try to fit in one too many during the week. It's critical to prioritize your calendar and focus on selling.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company!

Jun 24, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great team and on-boarding experience!

Cons

none to speak of so far

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Awesome brand, awesome place to work

Dec 16, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Industry leader in social media management from individuals to SMB to global enterprises; great brand, company and culture; smart, passionate people; open, regular communication from/with leadership; g

Cons

Too many meetings with buildings spread out, I feel like I'm always late.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast Paced and full of opportunity

Jan 16, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hootsuite is a fast paced environment full of opportunity. Career growth happens not only laterally, but also across geographies and between departments. Managers are committed to their team's growth and development, provided you show initiative, are self-motivated, and can build a business case, overachieve quota/targets, or drive efficiency. If you are a self-starter committed to driving hard for results then this is the place for you.

Cons

Some of the legacy staff (particularly in London) are overly negative yet don't have solutions for how to improve. That said they are in the minority and with a new leader in place, I don't expect they will last very long.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good work & life balance - High percentage of employee turnover

Oct 24, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a good work and life balance to offer its employees. It is a work hard - play hard atmosphere.

Cons

The company has a high percentage of employee turnover, i.e. workers who leave the organization and are replaced by new employees.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Enterprise Development Representative

Oct 15, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, lot's of fun, and the ability to work with some really cool companies. Happy Hours, Friday Lunches, and Company Outings.

Cons

Ability to be promoted within is very difficult. You have to be at HQ in order to get any recognition for what you've done.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

The best company I've worked so far

Sep 28, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I haven't met a more positive, helpful and mission-focused group of people. People don't go the extra mile because they have to, they do it because they want to. I feels good to be part of that. It's also exciting to work for a fast growing company that has a long term vision for making our clients successful. I love having the excitement of being in a hyper-growth phase, but also taking the 50 year outlook on how we make our clients successful. IPO will be a logical next phase for us because we have happy, long term clients who find great value in partnering with us.

Cons

Benefits are below average. Should be an easy fix.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Amazing place to work

Feb 5, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with Smart, Talented and motivated people. Making a difference working for a company with a social conscience Company is growing quickly, there are tons of opportunity for growth Fun, quirky culture Amazing teamwork Yoga room, Gym, HootDogs, HH Fridays, the list is almost endless Amazing environment, couldn't be happier love my job more

Cons

If you don't like fast-paced, dynamic and fun it's not the place for you.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to experience a business in the exciting stage of hyper-growth, international expansion

Oct 23, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture that promotes work-life integration (vs 'balance'). Workout during lunch, nap if needed, answer emails and take calls in the evening - do what you need to do to stay healthy, enjoy life and get your work done. A company with a clear, strong vision; encourages employees to be purpose-driven in their work. A collection of young, smart, personable professionals focused on doing good work.

Cons

A lot of executive leadership works remotely, which can lead to weaker cohesiveness on teams.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Awesome envirnoment

Jun 21, 2022 - Enterprise SDR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The envirnoment is amazing.- They care about their employees

Cons

The workflow is very tedious.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 522 Reviews

Hootsuite Reviews FAQs

Hootsuite has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 591 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Hootsuite to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Hootsuite employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Hootsuite. This rating has improved by 19% over the last 12 months.

86% of Hootsuite employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hootsuite 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Hootsuite to be benefits, career development, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Hootsuite Job Seekers