KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Hootsuite

Engaged Employer

Hootsuite

Add a Review

Hootsuite Employee Reviews about "team"

Updated Oct 6, 2022

Found 108 of over 650 reviews

4.0
Hootsuite CEO Tom Keiser
Tom Keiser

What people are saying about Hootsuite

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management: Too much focus on the task and not the individuals(in 31 reviews)
  • "low pay and nearly impossible lateral/upward movement.(in 29 reviews)
  • "Lack of leadership and accountability in(in 24 reviews)
  • "Low Salary, Lack of Promotion, Unless you're in Sales(in 23 reviews)
  • "many managers promoted to positions they are not qualified for and are not removed when their lack of qualifications has negative consequences(in 12 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Hootsuite and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "team"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Their people focused culture is all talk

Mar 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The product is great and you can work with some really smart people

Cons

The HR team disclose confidential discussions on a frequent basis and can be very underhand and unprofessional with exiting people without sound cause. There is a huge turnaround in staff, including management and c-level employees Management and c-level often make very emotional decisions and are not supportive when it comes to professional growth. They claim to be focused on people culture but there is little work-life balance - you may be able to work from home, but you are expected to always be working. It's dressed up as something Ryan likes to call 'grit'. About 60% of the people I worked with when I joined last year have been exited or moved on. The management and c-level team are very arrogant.

17 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good if you are just starting

Sep 9, 2020 - Commercial Account Executive in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and intelligent team of people

Cons

Poor base salary Opportunity for growth is limited Don't typically offer solutions to help you

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 4.0

Awesome, hyper growth company

Apr 17, 2015 - Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Super fun company that encourages you to think outside the box and achieve well - Great management team who care about your success as well as their own (egoless!) - Great perks for achieving necessary targets - A company being built to be around for a long time!

Cons

- Salaries compared to competition could be aligned better

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Very poor induction but amazing people

Nov 21, 2017 - SDR in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture, social Fridays with free drinks , quite flexible for working from home.

Cons

The induction is very poor and the management team doesn´t help in the first days a lot of people leaving the company every month

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing place for amazing people

Dec 19, 2016 - Customer Advocate in Bucharest, Bucuresti
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many nice things about this company I cannot begin to list them. It's a very employee oriented organization and you'll really feel that your opinion matters, regardless of the position that you're in. It's also a place where you can grow as a person and career-wise and there's a learning curve and there are trainings and all kinds of team activities. I love working here and I totally recommend Hootsuite to all the awesome people out there.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of that cannot be fixed. As I said, the employee opinion matters and if there's anything that you don't like and you have a solution for that, it's always taken into consideration.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good Product. Decent People. Abysmal Remuneration at all levels.

Aug 14, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

> The people are generally great to work with. > People are open to collaboration and you can seek help or advice from anyone regardless of what team they're on which I love. > Both HQ and London offices are great spaces to work in. > Despite some customers who have an 'everything now' mentality the vast majority of customers love the product and are continually happy when we release new features.

Cons

> The standard of recruitment has dropped in the last 12 months as they seem to be happy to just hire people who can 'do' the job but don't really care about overall success of the company. > The cheapest company I've worked for in the last 10 years in tech. The salaries are abysmal and the benefits are non-existent. A few more benefits exist in HQ (yoga classes, free juice etc) but other regional hubs such as London get salary, healthcare and thats it. Sounds demanding but hate the game, not the player...this is way below tech industry standards. Telling managers to really sell the 'vision' during the recruitment process is all well and good but are employees expected to pay their rent in 'vision' at the end of the month? > Not very strong at retaining top talent. Losing some strong performers due to lack of process or will to keep them.

13 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing people! Great culture!

Dec 14, 2016 - Senior Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people that I work with everyday are amazing and talented. They create a very safe space where I can innovate. The management is great as well! The culture in my team is something that is really unique and is one of the reasons I love working here.

Cons

I would like a little bit more investment in retaining the current employees.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good people but unclear career path

Jul 21, 2019 - Commercial Account Executive in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and team. Managers on this team are good and most have been with the company for a while. Work life balance is good.

Cons

After a couple months in this role many people realize it is not what it was made out to be in the interview process. Not many perks or benefits for working at Hootsuite. CAE team is underpaid compared to industry standards

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 3.0

Needs direction

Sep 21, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool entrepreneurial vibe, lots of flexibility in my hours, lots of room to try things - embrace failure & try again. Lots to do! Lots of opportunity to work in different groups.

Cons

Lack of overall company strategy. A CEO who doesn't seem to understand how to respectfully and thoughtfully grow with his growing company. Lack of commitment to really trying to achieve diversity and inclusion despite efforts from the HR team. Filling out a survey won't make us diverse or inclusive, nor will a class or two - it starts at the top and our top people don't seem to believe in this concept.

17 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to get recruitment visibility.

Jul 2, 2018 - Project Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, nice benefits, parties, getaways.

Cons

Managers and Directors don't really put as high priority making the department better and growing the team as they see them as a threat. Hard to move up. Ideas are not really taken into consideration.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 108 Reviews