Hope Community Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Bha"

Current Employee - BHA in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - BHA in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Hope Community Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like to work at because I like to work with people and happy with job as well.

Cons

The downside of this some time if there is no hours it could be on call.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if I could have a chances to to put my put on door aquarium un opportunity.

2. "Unorganized company"

Former Employee - Employment Support Supervisor in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Employment Support Supervisor in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Hope Community Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping individuals who may not be able to help themselves was the most rewarding thing about working here. That was a major plus.

Cons

The company is being run in the ground by mis management. Benefits have been drastically cut, more work was added such as caseloads without compensation.

Advice to Management

Provide people with the tools to do their job. Hire others instead of making one person do 3 and 4 jobs. Stop cutting benefits. Manage money appropriately.

3. "Personal Care Assistant"

Former Employee - Individual Service Support in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Individual Service Support in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Hope Community Resources (Less than a year)

Pros

I like to work with individuals. I got to experience things that I would never had gotten to unless working in this field.

Cons

Had to work odd hours

4. "Oof"

Former Employee - Behavioral Health Associate in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Behavioral Health Associate in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Hope Community Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved my coworkers and the people who we supported

Cons

Was manipulated by my supervisor using the fact that I cared about the people we supported to work overtime. The reason we had so many extra hours was because so many people got fed up with the company and quit. High turnover rate means you're constantly moving around.

Advice to Management

You take great care of the people we support but pretty crappy care of your employees.
     A good/terrible supervisor makes or breaks this job so if there's a lot of turnover in a particular house or area, look there first.
    Based on the quarterly company meetings it seemed like senior management had nooo idea what was actually happening in the group homes and what it was actually like to work in one. Disconnected.

5. "Adminstrative"

Pros

Historical excellence - folklore of Steve Lesko who did so much for this community. Roy Scheller is an outstanding orator.

Cons

Smoke and mirrors. Once inside the doors there is a dichotomy between the CEO and what really happens. Many layers of "management" with positions filled by unqualified people in important positions. The outcome is that customers are treated very poorly and good employees are immediately chased off. Worst departments are audit an community services - egregious at best.

Advice to Management

You need to make a total change. You will not survive otherwise. What a shame when you don't trust what your customers tell you.

6. "Office Staff"

Current Employee - Office in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Office in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Hope Community Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leave time and flexible schedule is great, company attempts to do good things.

Cons

No performance raises. People who work hard are not recognized. Always making cuts.

Advice to Management

Don't make excuses and blame others and don't put unqualified people in management positions. Live by the values of the company.

7. "Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Hope Community Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was employed at Hope for a total of four years - all years spent in the office. I left in 2014 because I moved out of state, and I can tell you that I constantly seek a culture that mirrors that of Hope. There is plenty of room for advancement and growth within the company, which I successfully managed to do during my time there. Everyone who works at Hope is there for a meaningful purpose well beyond the price tag that comes with a job, therefore attracting only the best and most heartfelt people to the company. Great emphasis on work-life balance, plus training and skills advancement is very accessible and often encouraged.

Cons

Like all non-profits, don't expect a high salary working at Hope. However, I can truly say that the passion and enjoyment working with clients supported at Hope override the need for a high pay.

Advice to Management

I always worked in the office, but I always listened to the feedback from DSP's. Managers: do not undermine those who work out in the field! Listen and prioritize their concerns.

8. "Hope"

I have been working at Hope Community Resources full-time

Pros

Flexibility, adequate training opportunities, and opportunities for advancement

Cons

Yearly raises are not a guarantee because Hope is a non-profit and appropriate documentation is necessary by staff to provide services.

9. "Great NPO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Hope Community Resources full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people we support are awesome.

Cons

There are challenges with being Medicaid funded.

10. "Like a family"

Former Employee - Individual Support Specialist in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Individual Support Specialist in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Hope Community Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, meaningful work, great managers

Cons

High turnover, some pretty awful coworkers who never get fired.

Advice to Management

You can't train people to be ethical and caring- you have to find people who possess those traits and train them on other things.