Hope Community Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Hope Community Resources Executive Director Stephen P. Lesko
Stephen P. Lesko

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Personal Care Assistant"

Former Employee - Individual Service Support in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Individual Service Support in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Hope Community Resources (Less than a year)

Pros

I like to work with individuals. I got to experience things that I would never had gotten to unless working in this field.

Cons

Had to work odd hours

2. "Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Hope Community Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was employed at Hope for a total of four years - all years spent in the office. I left in 2014 because I moved out of state, and I can tell you that I constantly seek a culture that mirrors that of Hope. There is plenty of room for advancement and growth within the company, which I successfully managed to do during my time there. Everyone who works at Hope is there for a meaningful purpose well beyond the price tag that comes with a job, therefore attracting only the best and most heartfelt people to the company. Great emphasis on work-life balance, plus training and skills advancement is very accessible and often encouraged.

Cons

Like all non-profits, don't expect a high salary working at Hope. However, I can truly say that the passion and enjoyment working with clients supported at Hope override the need for a high pay.

Advice to Management

I always worked in the office, but I always listened to the feedback from DSP's. Managers: do not undermine those who work out in the field! Listen and prioritize their concerns.

3. "Great NPO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Hope Community Resources full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people we support are awesome.

Cons

There are challenges with being Medicaid funded.

4. "Custodian Maintenance Technician responsibilities for maintain facilities =."

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hope Community Resources full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ten years plus experience on handy trade custodian, porter and maintenance skill.

Cons

Continuous growing on my career and make every day better work.

Advice to Management

Help the best way my new jobs and improve my knowledge

5. "Hope Community Resources is a great place to work that provides lots of opportunities for growth."

Pros

Hope has an amazing corporate culture that promotes wellness, spirituality, life-long learning and belonging to something bigger than ones self. Their commitment to individuals who experience intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families is the foundation of their success and inspires others in the field. Employees, as well as individuals receiving services, are treated with respect, dignity and worth and are acknowledged for their individuality and diversity.

Cons

Being a nonprofit, wages for certain positions tend to be low. It's a very large agency and sometimes it feels like your not valued by management.