Hope Services Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Brent Kush
  1. "Leadership"

I have been working at Hope Services full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Hope finally has a leader who can run a business. It's a shame that FORMER employees spread lies and nonsense about a man who demands success and accountability. Finally we see results from our businesses and programs! He's a fighter, exactly what Hope needs!

Cons

Better pay would be nice.

Advice to Management

You have a lot of dedicated staff, promote more.

2. "Nice place to work"

I worked at Hope Services full-time

Pros

- I enjoyed working with the clients - Getting to do something different everyday - Great entry level job

Cons

- Disorganization: from what I've heard steps have been taken to remedy this - Lack of growth opportunities

3. "Been with hope for 4.5 years"

Current Employee - Community Support Facilitator

I have been working at Hope Services full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great staff, my supervisor and manager are both great. They care about you and easy to talk to when you have issues. They try to work it out and help you solve issues. They also give good advice. Also great benefits. Hours are pretty flexible as long as you work 7.5 hrs a day. Good sick and vacation time and you can use your birthday as a “holiday” pay. I’m giving 4 stars because the pay is too low

Cons

Pay is low. They won’t give you higher pay even though you have a good educational background.

Advice to Management

Be true to your word and if you can’t because things changes, try to find a way to keep your promise.

4. "It's a Job"

Former Employee - Job Coach in Monterey, CA

I worked at Hope Services part-time for more than 6 years

Pros

The pay has gotten better. Good benefits.

Cons

One of the biggest complaints I had was the lack of clear communication between management and staff. The rules constantly changed and they also depended on which client you were working with. My boss said all the right things to your face but was a major manipulator. He/she would bad mouth you to other staff, clients and even job site management. I was there 5+ years but finally left on stress disability. The...

Advice to Management

I'm not even going to bother because they don't listen anyway.

5. "community support facilitator"

I have been working at Hope Services full-time

Pros

good benefits flexible time off awesome consumers

Cons

low salary no training stressful days where you don't know what your schedule will be

"Keep some pay stubs"

I worked at Hope Services

Pros

They work day is less than an 8 our work day. It's nice that the work day is a shorter than at most companies around the area. The pay is a little less to reflect the reduced hours. It does make it a little more interesting when asked how much you make at the job. A lot of the upper management has changed since I've worked there. It does look like they have made a number of positive changes to the business model.

Cons

They don't keep employee records longer than six months since they have so much turnover. You will not be able to use them as an employer reference except for right after you stop working for them. The reasons I left are no longer there.

Advice to Management

Make a database of old employees and at least keep a soft copy of the information you are required to keep instead of being lazy. I do applaud your initiative for generating new business and the people who manage your remote sites. They really put their lives into what they do.

7. "Support Staff"

I have been working at Hope Services full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

clients and staff are very friendly to work with. You can choose who you work with most of the time.

Cons

limits on overtime hours but this is a industry wide problem

"what going on here?"

Current Employee - Community Facilitator in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hope Services full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

benefits awesome clients My coworkers are great, except one.

Cons

Discrimination towards minorities, and nonverbal clients. Management prioritizes white males regardless of seniority. Women get yell at to the point they have a nervous breakdown ( one got hospitalized due to an anxiety attack). Incompetent management, boss and his boss are good friends so nothing happens. been lied and threaten by management. Management over protective of there position no way for advancement.

Advice to Management

Need to provide a semester class on work ethics, discrimination, and learn compassion. some managers care more about a pet's death than another human being.

• "Counceling Center"

I worked at Hope Services full-time

Pros

People are great. Very positive interaction among workers. They really care about providing the best care for their clients.

Cons

Management is a bit disorganized. Can sometimes prioritize the bottom line over client care.

"Do not work here"

I have been working at Hope Services full-time

Pros

Great mission and the clients are amazing.

Cons

The CEO should be fired! He hates women and talks down to them all the time. The atmosphere is always stressful. Employees gossip, everyone is afraid of losing their jobs.

Advice to Management

The board shouldn't allow the CEO to continue working for Hope Services. He has tarnished the organization's reputation, hates women, is a tyrant and he's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Fire him!

Found 39 reviews