Horizon Health Services Reviews

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

32K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Horizon Health Services~788132
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Hard work is seen and acknowledged by management.(in 4 reviews)
  • "However, admin role is very overworked and pay is awful.(in 4 reviews)
  • "New staff receive comprehensive training on evidence(in 4 reviews)
  • "Horizon provides transparency, strong communication, accountability, recognized initiative, and opportunities for growth, in addition to an amazing benefits program.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedules,(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great benefits and culture

Apr 29, 2022 - Program Director in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Horizon is a great employer. Although it’s a large organization, everyone’s ideas are valued and there is a lot of collaboration between departments.

Cons

Fast-pace for clinicians, however there is a lot of support and training available and you will really grow your clinical skills.

Continue reading

Horizon Health Services Response

Way to go on almost TEN years with Horizon! It's awesome to hear that you enjoy where you work and know that your contributions are valued. Working in a supportive environment is truly important. Our industry is definitely fast-paced, and it's wonderful to hear your team has supported one another and taken advantage of our endless training opportunities. You sound very fulfilled in your role and we appreciate all you do for our patients. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review!

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Okay for entry

May 24, 2022 - Administrative Assistant in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was okay Food events Community events

Cons

Management Counselors can be horrible to staff and clients

3. 5.0
    Former Employee

N/A

Apr 28, 2022 - Clinical Care Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

friendly and supportive team environment

Cons

little appreciation for administrative efforts from the senior staff

Horizon Health Services Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are incredibly happy to know you experienced the supportive team culture here at Horizon. We take great pride in fostering an environment that appreciates and recognizes it's staff, but it sounds like we missed the mark when you were here. Your feedback is valuable will be shared for further review. Our Employee Services Team is also available if you would be willing to share more information about your time with Horizon – please feel free to reach out to us at ESTeam@horizon-health.org so we can connect at a time that’s most convenient for you. Thank you again for sharing your experience as well as the time and dedication you showed to our patients.

4. 5.0

Great Compant to Work for

Mar 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Horizon has been great to work for. They’ve been very flexible, open, and supportive.

Cons

The only con i can think of is there isnt very much time off in the year

Horizon Health Services Response

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad that you feel supported in your role here at Horizon. It's also great to hear about the flexibility you have experienced; it's so crucial when it comes to the work life balance we strive for. PTO and compensation are definitely important topics; everyone wants to be able to take a much-deserved vacation! Both aspects of our compensation package are reviewed regularly to ensure we are in line with our industry and reflect our appreciation for our amazing employees. Your feedback will be very helpful as we review our current structure! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We truly appreciate you and all that you do!

5. 4.0

Care Coordination

Apr 9, 2022 - Care Coordinator in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, great people, great company

Cons

Low pay, must travel for the job

Horizon Health Services Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We strive to hire the best of the best, and we hear time and time again just how much our employees love their co-workers. In a field that can sometimes be challenging, great people can make all the difference. We hear your concerns around compensation and required travel. We review our compensation and benefits package on a regular basis to ensure we remain competitive and our clinical operations team is always evaluating best practices. We’ll definitely incorporate your feedback as we move forward with these reviews. Thank you for sharing your experience and for all that you do for our patients. We appreciate you!

6. 4.0

NA

Apr 4, 2022 - Counselor in Niagara Falls, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO per pay period Weekly individual Supervision

Cons

high case load High risk populations

Horizon Health Services Response

We appreciate your feedback and were happy to hear you are enjoying our PTO benefits and the supportive weekly supervision time. Working in the mental health and addictions field definitely comes with a lot of responsible, and we are happy to see you have remained a supportive asset here at Horizon. Thank you so much for the work you do for our patients. We appreciate it!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Feb 25, 2022 - IT Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay and the schedule

Cons

None, great place to work

Horizon Health Services Response

Thank you so much for your feedback! Yay, "Great Place to Work" we are so thrilled you feel this way! You summed up a short and sweet review and we appreciate your time and contribution to Horizon. Thank you for all that you do! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We truly appreciate you and all that you do!

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Management means well, but is too narrow minded

Apr 6, 2022 - Treatment Assistant in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunity to meet a variety of interesting people

Cons

Concerns to management are met with excuses and are not taken seriously

Horizon Health Services Response

Thank you for your feedback! Horizon’s goal is to effectively recruit and develop a workforce that better represents our multi-faceted community, so glad that this was your experience with us. We take great pride in working with our employees to foster open communication and continued professional development, but it sounds like we missed the mark when you were here. Your feedback is valuable and will be shared for further review. Our Employee Services Team is also available if you would be willing to share more information about your time with Horizon – please feel free to reach out to us at ESTeam@horizon-health.org so we can connect at a time that’s most convenient for you. Thank you again for sharing your experience as well as the time and dedication you showed to our patients.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Loved working here the past five years!

Jan 2, 2022 - Care Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Modern and progressive company -Lots of PTO, holidays, and perks -Flexible schedule -Good people you're proud to work for

Cons

-Not for profit, so not the best salary. But they give raises every year. I'd rather work here and be happy than be unhappy in at a higher paying company

Horizon Health Services Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We can’t thank you enough for choosing Horizon to build your growing career. We love to hear that you enjoyed your team and were able to take advantage of all the generous PTO and experience the great culture we strive to create. We hear your concerns around compensation but glad to hear you were able to benefit from our yearly raise incentive. We review our compensation and benefits package on a regular basis to ensure we remain competitive and our clinical operations team is always evaluating best practices. Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate you!

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Check your integrity at the door

Dec 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will get plenty of client-facing hours under your belt, at least. If you're willing to stay, you will receive the necessary supervision to advance through the social work licensure process.

Cons

Profit is valued in this organization above all else (which isn't necessarily a bad thing and would be acceptable as good business if that fact was made clear upfront; if they just called it a seedy insurance cash-grab they might get more of the people they're looking for...there are plenty of people who have excelled at debt collection call centers who think they would like a job in human services). Be prepared to participate in keeping people in a stuck in a system that works against their best interests and to diagnose them with disorders they don't have to secure admissions for intensive treatment they don't need. If you're down with that, you'll get a cut when profit sharing(!) time comes around.

3 people found this review helpful

Horizon Health Services Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Horizon. We’re happy to hear you felt you received plenty of client-facing experience and proper supervision. Each employee within the organization participates in weekly supervision meetings with their direct supervisor, allowing them the opportunity to discuss any challenges and opportunities for growth within their roles. We’re sorry to hear you felt our business approach was flawed in such a way. At Horizon, we strive to work in the best interest of our patients each day, so it’s unfortunate that you felt otherwise. One of our company goals is to treat our staff, clients, and their families with respect and dignity. Misdiagnosing patients is something we would never stand for, and goes against the strict ethics and compliance policies we have in place for our organization. If you would like to discuss further, please reach out to our Employee Services Team at Careers@horizon-health.org. Thank you again for sharing your experiences and for all you did for our patients and communities while at Horizon.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 75 Reviews

Horizon Health Services Reviews FAQs

Horizon Health Services has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 78 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Horizon Health Services to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Horizon Health Services employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Horizon Health Services. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

85% of Horizon Health Services employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Horizon Health Services 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Horizon Health Services to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Horizon Health Services Job Seekers