Horizon Health Services Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Horizon Health Services President and CEO Anne Constantino
Anne Constantino

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Horizon Health Services Review"

Current Employee - Administrative Team Lead in Tonawanda, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Team Lead in Tonawanda, NY

I have been working at Horizon Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rewarding work, room for advancement, strong focus on personal career development, amazing corporate culture, honesty in the work place

Cons

High rate of burnout in this field

2. "Absolutely Awesome Employer!"

Current Employee - Administrative Team Lead in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Team Lead in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Horizon Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Outstanding company to work for!! Amazing Corporate Culture!!
    Horizon provides transparency, strong communication, accountability, recognized initiative, and opportunities for growth, in addition to an amazing benefits program. Management is open to, and actively seeks feedback from employees at all levels.

Cons

Horizon stays ahead of policy and procedural updates, ensuring the standard for best practices in an ever-changing field. This sometimes results in changes within the company that can affect employee workflow (with the intention of constant improvement to both employee and patient experience), and naturally requires an openness to such change.

3. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Program Director
    Current Employee - Program Director

I have been working at Horizon Health Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Horizon's cares about each and every staff member that works for the agency. Senior staff is open to feedback from everyone, paid time off is generous after your first year. Management is flexible, wants to ensure a work life/ home life balance. Horizon's standards of care are very high, which means staff works very hard to ensure that patients are getting the best care! If you have a passion for helping people, and want to work for an amazing agency Horizon's is the place for you!

Cons

The health care field is going through a transformation which directly impacts staff due to the number of changes. If you are able to adapt to new processes and procedures, Horizon's is the place for you!

4. "Great workplace for motivated people!"

Current Employee - Director, Program Management in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Director, Program Management in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Horizon Health Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Horizon is an organization that is committed to patient-focused care. New staff receive comprehensive training on evidence-based practices. This is a great organization for people with strong work ethic and initiative, as Horizon frequently promotes from within. If you are hardworking and eager to be a part of the behavioral healthcare field, Horizon is an excellent option.

Cons

The healthcare industry is continually changing and evolving. As an employee of Horizon, you must have an open-mind and the flexibility to tolerate change. With the right mindset, this can really be seen as a "pro" rather than a "con."

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate with staff at all levels. Quarterly Senior Staff Mentor meetings have been a great venue for sharing ideas transparently.

5. "IT Manager"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Horizon Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A dedicated group of people to work with. A stable company with room for advancement. Access to higher management that does listen to ideas. From an IT perspective, a tightly run shop, with structure. Real access to make positive change, and a real sense of accomplishment, and acknowledgement of success. Nice to have access to training and resources that allows you grow your skills.

Cons

You move very quickly, which is fun, but you might be working on one initiative, and another comes with deadlines that over lap.

Advice to Management

Quarterly or bi-annual company wide managers meetings with broader discussions about what’s next.

6. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Horizon Health Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Horizon is a great place to work for many reasons. The reasons that Horizon is a great place to work include the culture, the benefits, the training, the opportunities for growth and the stability of the agency. I have worked with the company for 6 years now and highly recommend that others considering joining the amazing team as well.

Cons

Because we work in behavioral health, the job is difficult at times, like any other behavioral health position might be

7. "Counselor"

Former Employee - Clounselor
    Former Employee - Clounselor

I worked at Horizon Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You receive a lot of quality training at the beginning and throughout your employment. Good benefits and good starting salaries. They do care about their employees and work with you to do your best.

Cons

You need to be quick at everything. You are encouraged to do notes when clients are with you and if you do not you have about 1 minute between appointments to type notes, send reports, make phone calls, and any other things you do as a counselor. I ended up working through a good portion of my lunches and hoping for cancellations and no shows so I could finish my work.

8. "A great place to gain experience"

Pros

Summer hours, paid holidays, good training

Cons

Unmanageable caseload, unreasonable expectations for making units

Advice to Management

Share with employees what is going on, there is a lot of secrecy.

Sep 10, 2018 – Marketing Assistant

Horizon is committed to providing the highest quality behavioral health services to our community and to maintaining a respectful, trusting and honest work environment. We recognize that the work we... More

9. "Unorganized mess"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sanborn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sanborn, NY

I worked at Horizon Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The clients. Other staff. Ability to move through out the company.

Cons

Everything is made up as they go (resident rules, employee responsibility, senior staff role) so they're is no consistency anywhere. Money has become more important then helping people recover from substance abuse.

Advice to Management

Actually drug test clients for EVERYTHING. Stop hiring staff with no knowledge of substance abuse or mental health. Write a handbook and stick to it. Remember why you started the not for profit in the first place.

Jun 18, 2018 – Marketing Assistant

Horizon is committed to providing the highest quality behavioral health services to our community. We recognize that the work we do is demanding and regret that any employee on our team feels... More

10. "Counselor II"

Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Sanborn, NY
    Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Sanborn, NY

I worked at Horizon Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with the clients was the best part of the job!

Cons

The pay and benefits are terrible for how over worked you are. If you were not in the in crowd with management they were hard on you for reviews, I did well myself but others I know had problems.

Advice to Management

Be more available.

Mar 20, 2018 – Marketing Assistant