Horizon Health Services Reviews

Updated Dec 2, 2019

3.7
Horizon Health Services President and CEO Anne Constantino
Anne Constantino
  1. "Best Company Around!"

Current Employee - Residential Admissions Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Horizon Health Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked at Horizon for the past 8 years. I can truly say that I have found my forever home. Horizon offers an amazing work life balance and as a mother of 4 small children this is a top priority for me. The Senior Staff are the most amazing group of people I have ever encountered and they are all very approachable and willing to meet and discuss any concerns you may have. There is always room for advancement at Horizon and I personally have been promoted 7 times since starting at Horizon. If you have a "can-do" attitude and a great work ethic you will go very far at Horizon.

Cons

I honestly have nothing negative to say about Horizon. If you are looking to become a millionaire, then Horizon may not be the place for you. But they will always remain competitive with salaries and will always negotiate where needed.

Horizon Health Services2019-07-19

Horizon Health Services Response

August 6, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for the great feedback! Horizon knows the importance of work-life balance and we believe in promoting from within. We love to be a workplace that fosters professional development and career growth. Thank you for sharing your story and for all the hard work you do to support our mission every day. We appreciate you!

2. "Good Company but Overwhelming"

2.0
    Current Employee - Treatment Assistant in Sanborn, NY

I have been working at Horizon Health Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits Bonus Great learning opportunity

Cons

Staff are clicky Bad employees get away with a lot of if they are friends with managers Low pay for amount of work

Horizon Health Services2019-12-03

Horizon Health Services Response

December 11, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you so much for your feedback. We couldn’t agree more that the role of a Treatment Assistant can be overwhelming at times. Working in the field of mental health and addictions is truly a tough, but rewarding endeavor. And though we pride ourselves on offering a supportive work environment, it’s disappointing to hear that this has not been your experience so far. If you would be willing to speak confidentially with a member of our Employee Services team, we’d really like to better understand your concerns and ensure that your experience with Horizon reflects the compassion and commitment that create the foundation of our corporate culture. We take feedback and insight from our employees very seriously and want you to feel comfortable discussing your experience so we can continue putting processes in place in order to provide a best place to work and receive care. Please contact us at ESTeam@horizon-health.org so we can assist further. Thank you for your dedication to our patients. We hope to hear from you soon!

3. "Sweet"

Current Employee - Care Coordinator

I have been working at Horizon Health Services full-time

Pros

Nice staff, competitive pay, fun atmosphere

Cons

None none none none none

Horizon Health Services2019-04-14
  4. "Horizon Health Services Review"

Current Employee - Administrative Team Lead in Tonawanda, NY

I have been working at Horizon Health Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rewarding work, room for advancement, strong focus on personal career development, amazing corporate culture, honesty in the work place

Cons

High rate of burnout in this field

Horizon Health Services2019-03-28
  5. "Absolutely Awesome Employer!"

Current Employee - Administrative Team Lead in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Horizon Health Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Outstanding company to work for!! Amazing Corporate Culture!! Horizon provides transparency, strong communication, accountability, recognized initiative, and opportunities for growth, in addition to an amazing benefits program. Management is open to, and actively seeks feedback from employees at all levels.

Cons

Horizon stays ahead of policy and procedural updates, ensuring the standard for best practices in an ever-changing field. This sometimes results in changes within the company that can affect employee workflow (with the intention of constant improvement to both employee and patient experience), and naturally requires an openness to such change.

Horizon Health Services2019-01-23
  6. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Program Director

I have been working at Horizon Health Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Horizon's cares about each and every staff member that works for the agency. Senior staff is open to feedback from everyone, paid time off is generous after your first year. Management is flexible, wants to ensure a work life/ home life balance. Horizon's standards of care are very high, which means staff works very hard to ensure that patients are getting the best care! If you have a passion for helping people, and want to work for an amazing agency Horizon's is the place for you!

Cons

The health care field is going through a transformation which directly impacts staff due to the number of changes. If you are able to adapt to new processes and procedures, Horizon's is the place for you!

Horizon Health Services2019-01-14
  7. "Great workplace for motivated people!"

Current Employee - Director, Program Management in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Horizon Health Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Horizon is an organization that is committed to patient-focused care. New staff receive comprehensive training on evidence-based practices. This is a great organization for people with strong work ethic and initiative, as Horizon frequently promotes from within. If you are hardworking and eager to be a part of the behavioral healthcare field, Horizon is an excellent option.

Cons

The healthcare industry is continually changing and evolving. As an employee of Horizon, you must have an open-mind and the flexibility to tolerate change. With the right mindset, this can really be seen as a "pro" rather than a "con."

Horizon Health Services2018-12-19
  8. "IT Manager"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Horizon Health Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A dedicated group of people to work with. A stable company with room for advancement. Access to higher management that does listen to ideas. From an IT perspective, a tightly run shop, with structure. Real access to make positive change, and a real sense of accomplishment, and acknowledgement of success. Nice to have access to training and resources that allows you grow your skills.

Cons

You move very quickly, which is fun, but you might be working on one initiative, and another comes with deadlines that over lap.

Horizon Health Services2018-12-16
  9. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Horizon Health Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Horizon is a great place to work for many reasons. The reasons that Horizon is a great place to work include the culture, the benefits, the training, the opportunities for growth and the stability of the agency. I have worked with the company for 6 years now and highly recommend that others considering joining the amazing team as well.

Cons

Because we work in behavioral health, the job is difficult at times, like any other behavioral health position might be

Horizon Health Services2018-12-14

"Counselor"

4.0
    Former Employee - Clounselor

I worked at Horizon Health Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

You receive a lot of quality training at the beginning and throughout your employment. Good benefits and good starting salaries. They do care about their employees and work with you to do your best.

Cons

You need to be quick at everything. You are encouraged to do notes when clients are with you and if you do not you have about 1 minute between appointments to type notes, send reports, make phone calls, and any other things you do as a counselor. I ended up working through a good portion of my lunches and hoping for cancellations and no shows so I could finish my work.

Horizon Health Services2018-09-24