Horizon Innovations Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Nora Su

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Like just say door to door sales (in 12 reviews)

• There's some really hard work ahead of me and I've got a lot to learn still (in 19 reviews)

1. "Awesome Opportunity Ahead"

I have been working at Horizon Innovations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's some really fantastic reasons to work for Horizon Innovations. For one, there's a lot of room for advancement. Secondly, we're dealing with business owners face-to-face and helping them run their businesses more efficiently. Thirdly, the staff here is awesome at what they do. There's tons of training and a good team environment going on here.

Cons

Talking with business owners can be scary for some people, but with the right training and a good attitude, a person can pick it up fairly easily. It's hard work, but it's worth it to me.

Advice to Management

I really like our philanthropic efforts that we have going on. Let's try to get more people involved in those.

2. "Door to Door"

I worked at Horizon Innovations full-time

Pros

possible money making opportunity

Cons

commission only, door to door sales

""Trainer/Manager""

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Horizon Innovations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people in the office are really friendly and nice. If you're lucky enough to work in the office full time (good luck with that) it's a great environment. At the same time I question this due to the level of dishonesty (they will NEVER admit it's a sales job until you force them to or actually start work).

Cons

The interview process takes at least 2 interviews. This is pretty standard for most jobs but remember, you're unemployed and have limited funds, you're wasting your time, gas, and money to go to an interview to be a manager or trainer and the first interview goes great. Second interview and second trip you find out its a sales job and pays 100$ commission, no benefits, no base pay, no mileage, nothing. Completely dishonest way to get someone who desperately needs a job in for something that just wont pay the bills.

My advice...if you want a sales job good luck, even doing sales you're lucky to make about $200 a week on a good week. If you are interviewing for ANYTHING else do your best to ensure they aren't conning you like they have so many others.

Very high turnover rate, mostly due to above and the positive reviews on this place are basically the same thing over and over...very fake and untrue.

Also, anyone sensitive to heat or with a health condition - don't take this job. You're walking for hours a day in the brutal Florida heat.

Advice to Management

Be honest and upfront with potential hires, don't waste their time and limited funds on what is actually a 100% commission sales job.

4. ""ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE JUST MEANS DOOR TO DOOR OR BUSINESS TO BUSINESS!"

I worked at Horizon Innovations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to meet different people.
    You can sometimes carpool to your territory.
    Commission is easy to understand .
    Door to door looks good on resumes

Cons

During the interview process, there is not a clear understanding of the job, unless you have been in this position before. They list the job as being in the field of hospitality or even sometimes say saying "Hotel Experience Needed" and have been listed as a confidential company. This, to me, would be considered a fraudulent tactic. Like just say door to door sales. Labeling a position as an "Account Executive" is concerning because it sounds great, but it is just a title...that is all.

They claim that you will be managing accounts, but all you are doing is door to door selling. If the customer wants the product, you sign them up....and never see them again . If you come across someone with the product already, you can attempt to upgrade their product...and then never see them again. My interview led me to believe that we were doing something different...until I realized that all we were was a 3rd party door to door salesperson .

The money is there, so it is not a scam as far as reviving the checks. However, the fact that they misrepresent the company makes you wonder what is really going on .

Advice to Management

It would have really been nice if you guys were able to see how many times an employee called the back office to set up service and it was due to credit checks that the potential customer was unable to get service. This would great a positive environment, instead of heckling about why we didn't do so well. There are other factors as to why someone does not get a service.

"Incredible place to work with amazing people and serious growth potential"

I have been working at Horizon Innovations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible atmoshpere, fun environment, CEO that truly cares for every person and wants the best opportunity for everyone. A huge plus is that there is no limit to how much money you can make each week or how fast you get promoted. The amount of effort you put forth determines how quickly you progress to managment. I myself have only been with the company for 4 months and am on my way to assistant manager. You are your only limit!

Cons

Like all thing in life worth having, working at Horizons takes hard work, some long hours, and dedication. It isn't for someone looking to skate by without putting forth effort.

Advice to Management

Keep being such amazing and inspirational people. I am truly thankful to have been given the opportunity to work with each of you.

"Cool People, Great Learning Environment"

I have been working at Horizon Innovations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here are very knowledgeable about the industry and really help you get your footing in the company. You're assigned a mentor from your very first day who is in charge of your training, so you never have to just wait for information to come to you. You've always got someone that has your back. The other trainers here are great as well.

Cons

There are some pretty long work hours ahead of you if you aren't used to the corporate world, not that this is "corporate" necessarily, but these people put in a lot of hard work to get to where they want the company to go. I guess you have to in this day and age, but if you aren't the sort of person who enjoys work for it's own sake, you might try looking somewhere else for a position.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on. I really enjoy all of the training, so let's make sure that everyone is afforded the same opportunity that I've gotten.

"Why not grow and have fun at the same time ..... is it illegal?"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Horizon Innovations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I personally enjoy the fact that I enjoy coming to work everyday, at my previous position I always hated when it was time to get up and get ready to go in. Horizon is an atmosphere where I can be comfortable and learn everyday, not only to get better at my job but to also help the people around me hit their personal and professional goals as well.

Cons

If I am not willing to put the work in then I am not going to go anywhere, so I have to constantly be on my game

8. "Learning a lot!"

I have been working at Horizon Innovations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since I've started working here at Horizon Innovations, I've learned so much. I didn't really have that much experience in sales, but I had been a manager at my last job. It turns out that learning the sales isn't really that complicated, but it takes some effort to get really good at it. Now, I'm using my management experience to drive profitability for my team, the client, and helping customers get what they want along the way.

Cons

There's some hard work involved if you want to get good at anything, but especially in this job/career. Additionally, the work hours are longer than you would expect.

Advice to Management

Maybe find a way to sit down with people on a one-on-one more often. The times I've gotten to sit down with you I got a lot from, but I just would like it more often.

9. "Great Management"

I have been working at Horizon Innovations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked for some really great companies in the past, not a ton, but a few. All I can say is that the management team here excels in leadership, company vision, corporate culture, training procedures, HR, recruiting, and mentoring. These people are great and really care about us. It's very obvious.

Cons

Some people may get scared at learning sales, but to be honest with you, it's not that bad. All you have to do is get good at having conversations with people. If you aren't a "people person," then don't apply here. It can be a lot of hard work.

Advice to Management

I really don't have any advice for you that I'm sure you haven't heard already. Keep up the good work and lets open up some more locations!

"Pretty Sweet"

I have been working at Horizon Innovations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I haven't worked at this company for very long, but there's some really great things that I've noticed right off the bat. There's great training, great people, and great incentives. The pay is performance based, so the harder I work, the more money I make. Pretty simple choice to work here if you ask me.

Cons

This isn't for everybody. There are some pretty long work hours that I had to get used to. In my previous job, I came in at 9 and left at 5. Here, we start later and end later. For some people, it's hard work as well. They don't micromanage you, so you really have to be a self-starter.

Advice to Management

I like what you guys are doing with the team nights where everyone can bond with other members of the team. It's sort of like a family environment this way!