KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 472 of over 523 reviews

4.1
Horizon Media President, Founder, and CEO Bill Koenigsberg
Bill Koenigsberg
Pros
  • "Horizon has a welcome bright modern office space that makes it enjoyable to come to work(in 51 reviews)

• "Great benefits, involved and caring CEO/upper management, overall great company culture(in 34 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can be a lot of long hours and poor work life balance depending on your account(in 59 reviews)

• "Work life balance is so so but no surprise there(in 48 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Horizon Media and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Jun 3, 2021 - Associate Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company with great vision

Cons

Can improve on career development

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! We always strive to improve employee advancement. We are focused on your personal and professional growth as employees are the company's most valuable resource. We try to provide learning opportunities that will allow for individuals to keep developing, and would love to hear any feedback you may have on how we can keep improving and recalibrating in this area so please feel free to email us at glassreviews@horizonmedia.com to discuss further.

2. 2.0

Lots of hours no pay

Jun 20, 2021 - Assistant Media Buyer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

They might have great perks but there is no pay and long hours

Cons

Very long hours, cruel bosses, they act like they are saving people’s lives

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work, lots of longevity and room to grow, learned so much here

Apr 2, 2021 - Account Supervisor in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great vaca time, influence on strategy/change with clients

Cons

the uneven balance of account per client

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and thank you for highlighting some of the benefits as they are ones we take great pride in. As for the cons, many agencies including ours have areas to improve in. We are in a demanding service/business industry but our CEO will always put his people before profit. Please do reach out to your supervisor or CTM so we can further understand your advice and improve on it! Also, please feel free to email us at glassreviews@horizonmedia.com to discuss further.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great company to work for

Jun 2, 2021 - Business Solutions
      Business Outlook

Pros

Horizon really cares about your development. Overall very happy to have worked for this company.

Cons

Salaries are not always competitive.

5. 3.0

Horizon Media (Horizon Next) Review

Feb 23, 2021 - Assistant Brand Strategist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

learned a lot of data analysis skills, paid overtime, nice perks- stay past 8 get free dinner, stay past 9 get a free ride home. the company culture is great for many, they bring in really interesting speakers and try to have you learn as much as possible with their classes.

Cons

as an assistant on Horizon Next the team I worked for was understaffed and we worked long hours. 9-5 is not real, more like 9-7:30 on a good day (without taking lunch). This is a fast paced environment, which is a great place to learn how to multitask, but client requests come above all else including all team member's lives. team did not have any respect for my time Also, you are limited to learning only what your direct client needs, tbh you dont really have time to learn anything outside of your clients direct needs. Definitely try to change teams upon your promotion so you can learn different aspects of media

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great agency with lots of wonderful people

May 25, 2021 - Brand Strategy Supervisor in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

great culture, independently owned, strong leadership right from the top

Cons

like all agencies the workload is largely determined by the client team you are on. Some more challenging than others

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for sharing this review! Our great culture is something that we take pride in. As for the workload balance, our time off /policy was instituted to meet the evolving needs of our diverse workforce and so we strongly encourage all employees to utilize it to restore balance and remain refreshed and recharged. Nonetheless, thank you for your time with us and we wish you the best.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great company with the opportunity to learn, grow, and start new relationships!

Apr 9, 2021 - Anonymous Former Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to go if you’re just getting started in media or if you already have experience and wish to learn more about the industry. The CEO was incredible during the pandemic, and provided us with daily updates on the status of the company and what was in store for us in the long run. They’re slowly, but surely working towards seminars and other objectives for their Diversity and Inclusion team—Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, Pride Month, etc. Very excited to see what’s in store for them in the future!

Cons

Work/life balance can be affected depending on the account you’re working on.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thanks for the review! We certainly appreciate how transparent our CEO is. Our DEI team is working very hard to provide different seminars and various objectives to share with the entire company! As for the long hours, we do recognize we are in a rather demanding business/service industry. Sometimes this does require working more than the standard 40 hour work week. However, this does not justify employees feeling burnt out and we always want to ensure employees have balance in their lives. We encourage our employees to take time off as much as they can in order to refresh and recharge. Since you are a former employee, we thank you for all the contributions that you made to Horizon and wish you the very best!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Horizon Review

Jun 15, 2021 - Senior Video Investor in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office culture, amazing employees

Cons

With the growth of the company at times difficult to streamline communication

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

May 27, 2021 - Business Solutions Strategist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful office, respectful and exclusive company culture

Cons

As with many agencies, work life balance is challenge

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for sharing this review! We're happy to have you be a contributor to our wonderful culture at Horizon. As for the work life balance, our time off /policy was instituted to meet the evolving needs of our diverse workforce and so we strongly encourage all employees to utilize it to restore balance and remain refreshed and recharged. We would love to explore how to make this experience better for you so please do reach out to your CTM to discuss further.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company!

May 28, 2021 - Assistant Digital Planner
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company has very supportive culture

Cons

Hours can be a bit long

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for the review! We're happy to have you be a contributor to our wonderful culture at Horizon. As for the long hours, our time off /policy was instituted to meet the evolving needs of our diverse workforce and so we strongly encourage you to utilize it to restore balance and remain refreshed and recharged. That balance is essential to being your best self and you are given plentiful days off to use in ways that matter to you. Please do reach out to your CTM who is there a resource for you to discuss these concerns further.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 472 Reviews