Horizon Services Reviews | Glassdoor

David Geiger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Horizon Services"

I have been working at Horizon Services full-time

Pros

Positive Environment, Co-Workers, Flexibility, Employee Appreciation Lunches, Fresh Fruit, Benefit Options

Cons

Benefits are a little expensive, PTO could be better

Advice to Management

My managers are absolutely phenomenal and my only advice to managers would be to always ask questions, keep learning, and continue to grow! There are amazing examples to follow!

Jul 3, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your honest feedback! We're glad to hear that you feel so positively about your management team!

2. "Hvac Technician"

Current Employee - HVAC Technician in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - HVAC Technician in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Horizon Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Offers high quality products and services to consumers.

Tool co-op program.

Potential to earn $100k+

Fully stocked warehouse.

Company vehicle with gas card and ez pass.

Performance is rewarded greatly.

On site technical and sales training.

Cons

Annual raises do not exist.

Very busy at peak times when it is very hot or cold and the opposite when the temperature is more mild out.

Backstabbing office politics.

Not transparent with their vision anymore due to a merge with a financial partner.

Slowly losing sight of their local company culture in the office as you are looked at as a warm body to produce for the company instead of a valued employee, but that is the trade off working for a bigger (financially) successful business.

Advice to Management

Lower/Mid level management is doing a great job and has always been there if we needed help or training and have no negative reviews for the branch managers in the Mount Laurel, NJ location

Upper management could show more appreciation or at least come in to various branches and keep us updated on changes in the business and stay involved at smaller levels in the company

Lastly, Dave Geiger has provided many technicians and plumbers with an opportunity for a lifestyle change and financial success through hard work.

Jul 3, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are always striving to improve communication on all fronts with upper management. We appreciate your kind advice and will certainly take... More

"Plumber"

Current Employee - Plumber in Audubon, PA
    Current Employee - Plumber in Audubon, PA

I have been working at Horizon Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great manager
    - Manager sees my potential
    - Have earned more for my family here than anywhere else
    - Good Benefits

Cons

During peak times, hours can be demanding which takes away from family time.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate changes in the company.

Jul 3, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

We are so grateful to know that you have been with us for over 3 years. It's our technicians that allow us to be who we are in this industry. Thank you for being a part of Horizon Services.

4. "Office"

Current Employee - Office in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Office in Newark, DE

I have been working at Horizon Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic company to work for. They take care of their employees.

Cons

No Cons that come to mind.

Advice to Management

Continue to push for employees and assist them always.

Jul 3, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for being a part of the Horizon Services family. We are ecstatic to know that you recommend us.

5. "HVAC Technician"

Current Employee - HVAC Technician
    Current Employee - HVAC Technician

I have been working at Horizon Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for just over 4 years and have grown personally, financially and professionally. I had an HVAC background but have been able to continue to learn the trade while working at Horizon. The Technical Trainer on staff is extremely knowledgeable, always willing to help and helped me grow to the technician I am today. The pay is great and I'm able to provide for my wife and kids! This is great company to work!

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

The Management is the Delaware Office is Excellent. Everybody Cares!

Jul 5, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

We are so grateful to know that you're part of our team. It's awesome and rewarding to know that you have not only grown financially and professionally but also personally.

6. "If you're up for a challenge, this is the place."

I worked at Horizon Services full-time

Pros

In my experience, my peers and supervisors were all encouraging and appreciative of the work I produced. Questions were always welcomed and someone was always able to provide information or point me in the right direction of whom to ask.
    The company asks a lot of its employees, especially the technicians, but it is to be expected when the organization is very driven to be the best. It is certainly not a place to just "coast". And again, the hard work does not go unrecognized, the company finds ways to express its thanks that goes further than a pat on the back. Certainly there's good reason some of the techs have been there for decades AND continue to be top producers!

Cons

The demanding nature of some positions may not be to some people's liking.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide the level of service advertised and even go beyond. Continue to hire excellent people and motivate them to give you their best.

Jul 5, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

We strongly believe in recognizing excellent work. Thank you for sharing your kind feedback and concerns and for being a part of our team.

7. "Hope this place has changed"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Horizon Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They know how to hire nice people that accidently creates a community amongst the employees.

Cons

They didn’t offer the same treatment and pay range and benefits for all employees. This company treated the Call Center employees unethically. Making you fear losing your job if personal issues occur. No real sense of work/home balance. Renting out a floor for a Casino night once a year can’t possibly makeup for everything you have to put up with. The job itself isn’t pleasant with many dissatisfied customers, yelling and screaming at you, owners who would rather spend money on new trucks for the entire tech management team but very low pay for the CSR’s. Top management can afford insurance and low level needed Obama Care. High incentives for installers and techs.. but they made CSRs skip lunch in lieu of them buying you lunch.

Advice to Management

Get another job. Hoping the merge has improved these issues.

Jul 5, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

We're sorry to hear the negative comments made about our organization. We take your concerns and comments seriously and we have shared your feedback with our leadership team, however we do want to... More

"Rethink your choice"

I have been working at Horizon Services full-time

Pros

Not many with the company in the last year. Face of company has drastically changed.

Cons

Revenue and profit reign supreme. If your role doesn’t impact either of these things you don’t matter. The morale is low and the company was purchased by an equity firm meaning it is no longer the private company written about previously. Major cuts have been made which has led to a profit only approach.

Advice to Management

Bring back charitable endeavors, stop ignoring the glaring issues within the company and stop refusing to improve. Quality, Morale, and employee safety have all suffered.

Jul 5, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

It's troubling to hear how you feel. We uphold our culture and we deeply care about our team. Regarding the comments you have made we will make sure that our leadership team is made well aware.

9. "Sales"

I worked at Horizon Services full-time

Pros

Large well funded company with good compensation

Cons

High expectations, perhaps too high

Advice to Management

Keep expectations in check to retain good employees. Don't dispense of people always hoping to get someone 2% better while kicking good people to the curb

Jul 5, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

We're sorry to hear that you wouldn't recommend us. We do take our employees into consideration when it comes to expectations. However, we do want to thank you for taking the time to provide us with... More

10. "Team Member"

Current Employee - Team Member in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Team Member in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Horizon Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great staff!! Management team cares. Great training.

Cons

plenty of hours. Great money. The week flies. You don't see your family as much as you want. Who wants to sit home broke though. Put your big boy pants on and get to it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. It is appreciated.

Jul 5, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

Hard work does not go unnoticed, here at Horizon . Thank you for being a part of our team and for sharing your 5-star review on Glassdoor!