Horizon Services Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "HVAC Technician"

Current Employee - HVAC Service Technician in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - HVAC Service Technician in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Horizon Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-training is always available as they have a trainer at each shop.
    -you have a ton of resources/ support staff.
    -they give you everything you need to succeed and make a killing!
    -if you mess up and you jump in front of it and just be 100% transparent, 99% if the time you keep your job.
    -take home truck with ezpass and gas card.
    -supplies uniforms
    -will co-op tools.
    -even during slow times they still can get you pretty close to 40 hours
    -guys quit because of “BS” 6 months later they’re back.

Cons

-logistics is horrible (send a guy in Wilmington to Dover, even though theirs already a guy in Dover and they send the guy in Dover to Wilmington)
    -peak times can get pretty crazy, very long days.
    -expectations can be unrealistic at times.
    -some mangers don’t care about work/life balance and will try to make you feel bad about taking a day off.

Advice to Management

Their needs to be team building between dispatch and techs.

Oct 11, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

We are so happy to know that you feel so positively about your employment here. Thank you for sharing your kind comments with with us! We will surely pass along your feedback to our leadership team!

2. "Shameful"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newark, DE

I worked at Horizon Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Overtime can be available during prime heat and AC season.
    - They do a lot of events and giveaways. Hershey park for the whole company once a year and a casino night and breakfast with santa.

Cons

- They make a lot of unkept promises!
                    - When I was hired I was told 1 - 2 weekend days a month and never consecutively in the same weekend (This was true for the first 2 months then and incredible lie and they would not fix the schedule)
    - When things get busy they will simply order lunch and make you feel as if you are not allowed to take your 30 minuet break. When you get up to take it supervisors will ask you where you are going.
    - The managers go into meetings to talk very poorly about people they do not like under them.
    - They put new employees all on the night shift together and for the most part pay no mind if you are having an issue.
    - The giveaways are to trick you into thinking you are happy. Even if you win you still hate your job.
    - The most negative work environment you will ever be in. Everyone hates their jobs and it is a revolving door of people leaving.

Advice to Management

Quit so new better people can step up to the plate.

Oct 2, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

We are sorry to hear about your comments regarding your employment. We are constantly striving for excellence on every front. Employee satisfaction is very important to us and we will review this... More

3. "No life"

I have been working at Horizon Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good and the benefits

Cons

Long hours.
    12 day work weeks.

Oct 2, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

We are sadden to know of your negative review. We are always working to make our workplace a better place for all our employees. We will make sure to pass along your comments to our leadership team.

4. "Service Coordinator"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Audubon, PA
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Audubon, PA

I have been working at Horizon Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is reasonable
    Amazing co-workers

Cons

RIPPING PEOPLE OFF
    ALL ABOUT MONEY
    TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT
    This place was by far the worst I’ve ever worked and they truly do not value their employees and that is why they have such a high turnover rate. Please do yourself a favor and find a local company to work for.

Jul 31, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected. We deeply care about our employees and we are saddened to hear about the way you feel. At... More

5. "Hvac Technician"

Current Employee - HVAC Technician in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - HVAC Technician in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Horizon Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Offers high quality products and services to consumers.

Tool co-op program.

Potential to earn $100k+

Fully stocked warehouse.

Company vehicle with gas card and ez pass.

Performance is rewarded greatly.

On site technical and sales training.

Cons

Annual raises do not exist.

Very busy at peak times when it is very hot or cold and the opposite when the temperature is more mild out.

Backstabbing office politics.

Not transparent with their vision anymore due to a merge with a financial partner.

Slowly losing sight of their local company culture in the office as you are looked at as a warm body to produce for the company instead of a valued employee, but that is the trade off working for a bigger (financially) successful business.

Advice to Management

Lower/Mid level management is doing a great job and has always been there if we needed help or training and have no negative reviews for the branch managers in the Mount Laurel, NJ location

Upper management could show more appreciation or at least come in to various branches and keep us updated on changes in the business and stay involved at smaller levels in the company

Lastly, Dave Geiger has provided many technicians and plumbers with an opportunity for a lifestyle change and financial success through hard work.

Jul 3, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are always striving to improve communication on all fronts with upper management. We appreciate your kind advice and will certainly take... More

"Plumber"

Current Employee - Plumber in Audubon, PA
    Current Employee - Plumber in Audubon, PA

I have been working at Horizon Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great manager
    - Manager sees my potential
    - Have earned more for my family here than anywhere else
    - Good Benefits

Cons

During peak times, hours can be demanding which takes away from family time.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate changes in the company.

Jul 3, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

We are so grateful to know that you have been with us for over 3 years. It's our technicians that allow us to be who we are in this industry. Thank you for being a part of Horizon Services.

7. "Office"

Current Employee - Office in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Office in Newark, DE

I have been working at Horizon Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic company to work for. They take care of their employees.

Cons

No Cons that come to mind.

Advice to Management

Continue to push for employees and assist them always.

Jul 3, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for being a part of the Horizon Services family. We are ecstatic to know that you recommend us.

8. "HVAC Technician"

Current Employee - HVAC Technician
    Current Employee - HVAC Technician

I have been working at Horizon Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for just over 4 years and have grown personally, financially and professionally. I had an HVAC background but have been able to continue to learn the trade while working at Horizon. The Technical Trainer on staff is extremely knowledgeable, always willing to help and helped me grow to the technician I am today. The pay is great and I'm able to provide for my wife and kids! This is great company to work!

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

The Management is the Delaware Office is Excellent. Everybody Cares!

Jul 5, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

We are so grateful to know that you're part of our team. It's awesome and rewarding to know that you have not only grown financially and professionally but also personally.

9. "Horizon Services"

I have been working at Horizon Services full-time

Pros

Positive Environment, Co-Workers, Flexibility, Employee Appreciation Lunches, Fresh Fruit, Benefit Options

Cons

Benefits are a little expensive, PTO could be better

Advice to Management

My managers are absolutely phenomenal and my only advice to managers would be to always ask questions, keep learning, and continue to grow! There are amazing examples to follow!

Jul 3, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your honest feedback! We're glad to hear that you feel so positively about your management team!

10. "If you're up for a challenge, this is the place."

I worked at Horizon Services full-time

Pros

In my experience, my peers and supervisors were all encouraging and appreciative of the work I produced. Questions were always welcomed and someone was always able to provide information or point me in the right direction of whom to ask.
    The company asks a lot of its employees, especially the technicians, but it is to be expected when the organization is very driven to be the best. It is certainly not a place to just "coast". And again, the hard work does not go unrecognized, the company finds ways to express its thanks that goes further than a pat on the back. Certainly there's good reason some of the techs have been there for decades AND continue to be top producers!

Cons

The demanding nature of some positions may not be to some people's liking.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide the level of service advertised and even go beyond. Continue to hire excellent people and motivate them to give you their best.

Jul 5, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

We strongly believe in recognizing excellent work. Thank you for sharing your kind feedback and concerns and for being a part of our team.