KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Horizon Services

Engaged Employer

Horizon Services

Add a Review

Horizon Services Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jun 5, 2019

Found 7 of over 90 reviews

4.2
Horizon Services Founder and CEO David Geiger (no image)
David Geiger
Pros
  • "Great people, great atmosphere, great company(in 7 reviews)

• "Good compensation, good people to work with, good work environment(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The Schedule was very demanding with long hours, and they had customer service issues(in 5 reviews)

• "The largest complaint from most employees is the work/life balance(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best job I've ever had!

Jun 5, 2019 - Creative Manager in Newark, DE
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm the Creative Manager for Horizon Services Marketing Department. It's such a fun group to work with and everyone is very open to new ideas on how to engage customers. It's a great work environment and tons of opportunities for growth.

Cons

I honestly can't think of a single con. It's a great place to work.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are glad you are happy here at Horizon!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best comany to work at

May 29, 2019 - Customer Service Representative in Newark, DE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Respectful, caring, fun work environment, amazing management

Cons

There currently aren't any negative aspects of my job

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Review

May 31, 2019 - Plumber Apprentice in Mount Laurel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good compensation, good people to work with, good work environment

Cons

Work hours really long, better training for transition to another position. Better communication

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Shameful

Sep 27, 2018 - Customer Service Representative in Newark, DE
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Overtime can be available during prime heat and AC season. - They do a lot of events and giveaways. Hershey park for the whole company once a year and a casino night and breakfast with santa.

Cons

- They make a lot of unkept promises! - When I was hired I was told 1 - 2 weekend days a month and never consecutively in the same weekend (This was true for the first 2 months then and incredible lie and they would not fix the schedule) - When things get busy they will simply order lunch and make you feel as if you are not allowed to take your 30 minuet break. When you get up to take it supervisors will ask you where you are going. - The managers go into meetings to talk very poorly about people they do not like under them. - They put new employees all on the night shift together and for the most part pay no mind if you are having an issue. - The giveaways are to trick you into thinking you are happy. Even if you win you still hate your job. - The most negative work environment you will ever be in. Everyone hates their jobs and it is a revolving door of people leaving.

2 people found this review helpful

Marketing Coordinator

We are sorry to hear about your comments regarding your employment. We are constantly striving for excellence on every front. Employee satisfaction is very important to us and we will review this internally.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Work here if youre looking to grow professionally and personally.

Nov 14, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging, fast paced, elite work environment. Culture focused team that relies on trust and accountability to get the job done.

Cons

Fluctuating hours based on the needs of the industry.

Marketing Coordinator

We're thrilled to know of your thoughtful comments, here on Glassdoor. It's rewarding to see our team members grow both professionally and personally. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great work environment

Aug 17, 2017 - Warehouse in Audubon, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, available overtime at times, great perks and company events, family oriented (except for when it comes to working holidays), surrounded by great employees, occasionally receive food, has a gym, approachable management, fun work environment with meetings

Cons

Job security, not much love for the lower guys, occasionally cut below 40 hours a week when work is slow for install, all while techs are still receiving bonuses larger than one of my paychecks, recent cut of employees tremendously increased my workload(no compensation), if you aren't directly affecting the revenue don't expect much pay/bonuses, forced to work 60-70hr work weeks to bring in extra income while I can.

Marketing Coordinator

We are tremendously grateful to have you on our team for over three years now. It makes us glad to know that you enjoy the fun work environment and flexibility. We take your comments seriously and will make sure that higher management is made aware. We value your input and can assure you than we are working hard everyday to provide a positive and rewarding work environment for all employees.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

hvac tech

Mar 25, 2016 -  in Mount Laurel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

good company - great chance at pay - the dispatchers actually know what they are doing

Cons

very very aggressive work environment if you dont push product you get fired simple as that

1 person found this review helpful

Advertising Director

Thank you for sharing! We are glad to hear that you value our pay benefits, and our knowledgeable dispatch team. We do appreciate your feedback, and also want to let you know that we will pass along your comments to ensure all of our employees are fully satisfied with their work environment. Again, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to share.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews