Hospice of Southwest Ohio Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "APRN"

Former Employee - APRN in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - APRN in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Hospice of Southwest Ohio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very caring organization. Awesome pt satisfaction.

Cons

Mgt was not very receptive to ideas.

Advice to Management

Work with your staff. Not against them.

2. "Have been a full-time employee for almost 3 years"

I have been working at Hospice of Southwest Ohio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and the atmosphere are positive and the staff is nothing less than supportive!! Everyone works together and works hard to do what is best for our patients. We are growing as a team and are learning from each other. The most important factor is having a Team that supports each other and works together as a team to care for our patients and ourselves. The new CEO David Walsh has truly been a blessing HSWO. He not only brought over 20 years of healthcare experience to our company but he is truly compassionate and cares not only for our patients but his staff as well. This means a lot to the staff at HSWO to know they are appreciated for all of the hard work that they do when it comes to taking care of our patients!! Im truly blessed to be part of the HSWO family. We are growing and I am excited to see what the future holds for Hospice of Southwest Ohio.

Cons

At this time I do not have any complaints to share about HSWO.

Advice to Management

To our CEO David, thank you for being there for your employees. We have seen many positive changes since you have stepped into your role. Continue to listen to your staff. Even the little things mean the world to some of us to know our voices are heard. Thank you to all Management who have stepped up and take many roles over the last few months.

"Who is writing these wonderful reviews?!!!? Certainly Not The Field Staff!"

Current Employee - Patient Care RN in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Patient Care RN in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Hospice of Southwest Ohio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely none, management has no idea of what they are doing! Few good field nurses are holding this program together!

Cons

As long as the current management team is there nothing will change. $$$ is the only concern. Field staff is expendable if they don't agree.

Advice to Management

Take a long hard look at yourselves!

"Rolling my eyes"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

Hopefully there is still time to repair this mess. We are better than this people! Our customers deserve our best...

Cons

Upper management continues to expect more while helping less. I've never worked anywhere else where the managers and QAPI judge and tell field staff "more, more,more". Stop telling us!! Get up and come out here and SHOW us how to do our jobs the way you want it done, in the time you expect us to do it. I'm sure you won't measure up to your own expectations. Many of you have no idea what we really do. Our patients deserve our time and commitment to them.
        You keep saying that we can come talk to you, but we see what happens to others that complain .. FYI , we do talk among ourselves. The only reason we are still here is because we love our patients and families.

Advice to Management

Get it together, this was once a great company to work for

"LPN"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Monroe, OH
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Monroe, OH

I have been working at Hospice of Southwest Ohio (More than a year)

Pros

The people and the atmosphere are positive and the staff is nothing less than supportive!! Everyone works together and works hard to do what is best for our patients. I left the company a while ago to pursue other opportunities and was welcomed back with open arms and smiles! The new CEO and the upper management put in place are terrific and have great ideas and plans to take the company forward. I am proud to be affiliated with HSWO!

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints about HSWO or anyone here. I am happy to be here and look forward to coming to work every day!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and we will go far!

6. "Great place to work"

Pros

The company is an awesome company to work for. The knowledge of the staff both in office and in the field is phenomenal. Not only do the field staff take excellent care of the patients, the office staff supports and encourages everyone as well.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

"These reviews show that management has nothing better to do"

Former Employee - Field Staff in Madeira, OH
    Former Employee - Field Staff in Madeira, OH

I worked at Hospice of Southwest Ohio full-time

Pros

There are some people here who truly care about their patients.

Cons

Do not recommend working for this company ever. I gave a couple years to this company because hospice is an amazing field to work in. But this company had gone through so much change and none of it has been positive. None of it. It's for profit company that is all about profit. Hospice is not supposed to be that way. Staff are over worked and you are unable to care for your patients the way that they deserve. There are many other hospice companies in the area is this is your love. Other companies have supportive management, supportive staff and you can feel safe knowing that you have someone to answer to who actually knows the correct response. We have licenses to protect and this company made me feel like mine was in jeopardy. Please protect yourself.

Advice to Management

Get to work! Staff deserves better, patients and families deserve better. The only reviews that are true on this site are the ones telling the negative sad truth. I cannot believe the pathetic attempt to create positive reviews. Why don't you act instead of lie

"Patience and Communication Pays off"

Pros

I have worked at HSWO for many years and I can say that I have seen the negative direction of the past and the positive direction of the present and future. I will say that the current staff works HARD!!! We continue to step up and take on the extras when it's needed for the benefit of the patients and families. This staff truly amazing and families are constantly writing testimonials on the excellent care and services we provide. I have also seen the Senior staff stepping up to make sure we are recognized and appreciated in the field. Our jobs may not always be easy but it is rewarding. I know I have gone to upper management and voiced my concerns and was heard. Thank you for opening your door and really listening to my thoughts and needs and then acting upon them! I for once felt like I was heard and I look forward to seeing the changes that were discussed. The benefits are better and I am more able to balance and manage my life, home and work.

Cons

Sometimes the hours and longer than expected and I have to juggle my schedule.
     I was considering leaving about a year ago but now, I am glad I didn't.

Advice to Management

If Senior Management continues to Listen to us, we will continue to empower each other and the lives of our patients and families.
    I also know some of the changes and benefits will take time. So far patience has paid off. At least for me!

"Love this company!!"

I have been working at Hospice of Southwest Ohio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with HSWO for about 2 years now, I came into the company at a time it was falling apart due to old management staff. I really contemplated leaving, but could not bring myself to do it because I loved the company so much! Kim Beckman CEO came in and made a lot of changes for the best! Everyone who is part of the management staff has held a field position, and they know exactly what it is like to be out and on the front line. I never knew what it was like to be apart of a team or a work family before coming to HSWO. I actually enjoy getting up for work everyday and look forward to meetings to see all of my co-workers or i should say friends. For those of you who are writing negative comments, find another job. I guarantee that the grass is not greener on the other side. And if it is good for you. Please don't bring everyone else down because you are unhappy.

Cons

As with any company there are ups and downs. HSWO experiences more ups these days! I cannot even think of any cons....except one...I don't like working weekends. But hey that is what happens when you are a nurse. Everyone at HSWO keep up the good work and thanks for making this place so special!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Like I said before, I have never worked anywhere that the mangers are as involved with patient care as you are. The Clinical Director Natasha Patton even takes a week of on-call and will go out to make visits, do admissions, or cover holes in the schedule. I guarantee you will not find that anywhere else! Everyone here at HSWO is treated as an equal regardless of Job title.

"Postive Things Happening For HSWO"

Current Employee - Nurse in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Hospice of Southwest Ohio full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company is moving in the right direction. The Managers and CEO does have an open door policy and you are not persecuted for going to them. Team work is happening. This company provides excellent patient care.

Cons

Negative comments from so called current employees. I agree with other people that have posted if you are a current employee and you are unhappy, why would you chose to stay at a place that is apparently making you upset. Life is short and find contentment and joy. Posting negative things is not going to make you feel better.

Advice to Management

Keep the open door policy. Better things are on the horizon for this company.